Justice Committee

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Speirs squirm gave me a lot of pleasure!No doubt he will immediately find his mouth again for Twitter though.

He failed in every point he put across, Pat Nevin did a lot better and seemed at times to be able to see both sides of the argument.

The Newcastle guys common-sense stole the show though.

He failed in every point he put across, Pat Nevin did a lot better and seemed at times to be able to see both sides of the argument.

The Newcastle guys common-sense stole the show though.

Nevin surprised me to be honest but the point Manti touched on made me laugh regarding racism in England.

It's common sense because we shout abuse at each other in a football ground then a large majority of Old Firm fans work together without any bloodbaths.

That would give pricks like Speirs nothing to write about though.

Nevin surprised me to be honest but the point Manti touched on made me laugh regarding racism in England.

It's common sense because we shout abuse at each other in a football ground then a large majority of Old Firm fans work together without any bloodbaths.

That would give pricks like Speirs nothing to write about though.

That's exactly it Spiers has used the non issue of sectarianism to make a quick buck of course he doesn't want his cash cow to go away.

The Sunderland guy didn't need to pretend he was educated at Eton to show spiers he was the teacher and spiers was the awkward bumbling pupil.

Can Britney not speak without contradicting himself

Of course not. That's why he avoids debate. He thought he was going before a compliant audience to be the star of the show. Turns out, he was just an embarrassing, if slightly amusing, sideshow.

He didn't like being pushed to the periphery, but he was too scared to venture deeply into the debate.

Generally, an interesting meeting with some good representations. It should be clear to the committee that the legislation is not required, is unworkable and needs vast improvement before it can be made law.

Moreover, the apparent willingness of some fan groups to proclaim their innocence while reserving the right to be offended at Rangers FC came across loud and clear.

PS: Graham Spiers embarrassed himself which was nice.

PPS: If anyone wants a blow-by-blow account of the meeting they can read my Twitter time-line @GersnetOnline

Generally, an interesting meeting with some good representations. It should be clear to the committee that the legislation is not required, is unworkable and needs vast improvement before it can be made law.

Moreover, the apparent willingness of some fan groups to proclaim their innocence while reserving the right to be offended at Rangers FC came across loud and clear.

PPS: If anyone wants a blow-by-blow account of the meeting they can read my Twitter time-line @GersnetOnline

I followed it as you posted Frankie, very informative it was too (tu)

Watching Speirs squirm gave me a lot of pleasure!No doubt he will immediately find his mouth again for Twitter though.

I've just tweeted him:

You were a outclassed today.Self-contradiction,poor logic, unfounded & knee-jerk partial claims, lacking balance all undid you.

What this committee has done though is expose the sheer hatred many influential people have for all things Rangers. That it took a Sunderland fan to expose the sheer folly and hypocrisy of this new legislation says it all.

What this committee has done though is expose the sheer hatred many influential people have for all things Rangers. That it took a Sunderland fan to expose the sheer folly and hypocrisy of this new legislation says it all.

Will any good come from it though? I would doubt it very much.

Absolutely.

Was also interesting to note that none of the committee declared themselves a Rangers fan. Though we did have a Celtic fan, two Jambos and a Hibbee who did.

He showed up more than the legislation as it doesn't have a monopoly on folly or hypocrisy. Maybe, just maybe, his words will be taken on board by all those connected to these issues and football can be returned to the fans, warts and all.

Not surprising that the BBC fail to mention Nevin's outburst against Celtic but do highlight Spiers attack on RFC fans:

Amazing that they also use pundit backing for their headline but ignore academic contribution. Really quite incredible.

- Pat Nevin and Graham Spiers back hate crime bill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14800819

Not surprising that the BBC fail to mention Nevin's outburst against Celtic but do highlight Spiers attack on RFC fans:

Amazing that they also use pundit backing for their headline but ignore academic contribution. Really quite incredible.

- Pat Nevin and Graham Spiers back hate crime bill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14800819

Further endorsing the view of Dr Waiton about the media's role in "sensationalising" the issue of Sectarianism.

Anyone who watched or listened to that debate then saw that headline would easily come to the conclusion that the BBC are in favour of the Legislation and do not want to report anything that may be subversive to it becoming statute in law.

Further endorsing the view of Dr Waiton about the media's role in "sensationalising" the issue of Sectarianism.

Anyone who watched or listened to that debate then saw that headline would easily come to the conclusion that the BBC are in favour of the Legislation and do not want to report anything that may be subversive to it becoming statute in law.

No doubt about.

Disgraceful given their supposedly 'neutral' publicly funded stance.

No doubt about.

Disgraceful given their supposedly 'neutral' publicly funded stance.

And this is why they will continue to get away with it.

Could it be argued that this is when a group like the RST for example should be writing to the BBC and asking for an explanation as to why the article was written in this manner?

Was there when a certain gentleman called at my offices at the time to form RST and have to say was for all the wrong reasons, have never been a fan of the RST.

As were many of the founders of Vanguard in the upstairs room of Annie Millers. The idea then got hijacked by those with ideas above their station and the rest is history.

Putting that aside this is why the RST was formed originally to provide a powerful voice for the fans to deal directly with contentious issues like this.

Could it be argued that this is when a group like the RST for example should be writing to the BBC and asking for an explanation as to why the article was written in this manner?

Yes, the Trust and Assembly should be highlighting the BBC's failure to be impartial.