Please Ally

DavieCooper1

I just have the worst feeling wel have 5 in the midfield edu or mcculloch sitting in front of the defence with jela up front himself, in thise case celtic will have all the play an we can onli hit on the break. I pray we go for it with davis and mckay in the middle wylde an naisy on the wings with laff an jela up front, big laff will win every header up there. Just reading the papres yesterday with al the talk of taxes and the mhanks with there tax man wind ups just makes me so fucking pumped for this game hope the team do us proud. WATP

but with 5 in the middle i feel Jaela will be forced to chase long balls and will start to get frustrated, there deffence needs to be tested not in the air but on the deck with wylde an nasy on the wings getting the balls in for laff an jela will be to much for them, if we play 5 in the middle i think wel sit to deep an jis let them have to many passes

McCulloch will start, absolutely no two ways about it.

No he won't........................ surely.

It will likely be the same starters as Saturday except Wallace or Papac will be back

I'd honestly rather see a back line of McMillan, Goian, Perry and Bocanera and a midfield of Naismith, Davis, McKay and Wylde with Laff and Jela up front. But, I suppose the team will be far away from that.

A win with any players will do me though. Even with McCulloch on the park. After watching the highlights of the bheggars v 'well on Sportscene I also think that any kind of negative approach or safety first tactics will result in us losing and losing badly.

Team for Sunday should be:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Davis Edu McKay

Naismith Lafferty

Jelavic

Naisy and Lafferty can get forward to support Nikica when we are attacking, with Wallace and Whittaker helping out the midfield, and they can drop back into midfield when we are defending.

Love it. A football thread!

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Davis Edu McKay

Naismith Lafferty

Jelavic

Shamelessly copied and pasted from MMLoyal above.

This team will destroy them,

BUT. ..... Steven Davis has to show up. He's the key to victory imho. When he and Naisey play well, we're untouchable.

No he won't........................ surely.

It will likely be the same starters as Saturday except Wallace or Papac will be back

I'd honestly rather see a back line of McMillan, Goian, Perry and Bocanera and a midfield of Naismith, Davis, McKay and Wylde with Laff and Jela up front. But, I suppose the team will be far away from that.

A win with any players will do me though. Even with McCulloch on the park. After watching the highlights of the bheggars v 'well on Sportscene I also think that any kind of negative approach or safety first tactics will result in us losing and losing badly.

Spot on imho. Anytime we have a go at them, we succeed. Their back 4 are horrible. The big baldy Swede has never been able to handle Nikica. We simply have to attack. If we do, then it will be them losing badly.

:21:

We must put them on the back foot. WE are Rangers playing at Ibrox. We are the champions playing at home. If we go negative we lose. It was only when we played 2 up front last year at the SLC Final we beat them and went on to win the SPL. The OP is correct no negative shit Sunday.

McCoist's first OF game ....it is always going to be caution first. Like Smith before him the overriding thought will be not to lose the game. And to be honest although top of the league we aren't playing all that well (Motherwell aside)

So it will be no surprise to me to see old favourites like Papac,McCulloch and Edu in the team at the expense of Wylde and Ortiz. Now removing those two in itself isn't a problem but when you are potentially replacing two forward players for defensive players it tells its own story.

If you look at things logically then players like Bedoya and Wallace wouldn't start unless he was convinced they were 100% fit. Same with Papac and McCulloch but the gamble will always be taken with the players who have been over the course before.

Wylde did nothing on Saturday to suggest he deserves a start and i would be much more inclined to go with the experience of McKay even though it would be his Old Firm debut. My gut feeling is though that neither will start

It will be 4-5-1 whatever way he wants to dress it up with McCulloch partnering Edu and Davis with Naismith and Lafferty out wide and Jelavic left isolated up front on his own just like he was in Europe.

4-5-1 Back four of Whittaker,Gioan,Boca,Wallace/Papac, Don't care who ally picks between Wallace and papac! Both can do the job required.

Midfield, Naismith, Davis, Edu, McKay, Wylde, This midfield can win us the game IMO. Wylde and Naismith to push the Celtic fullbacks back and help support Jelavic. McKay is a box to box player with a good engine and Edu can help out the Defence whilst Davis pushes on and creates chances.

Im feeling very good about Sunday and im predicting 2-0 to the Bears.

When i get to Ibrox on sunday and see Ortiz and jig on :disappointment: i will start to bite my nails :lol:

The two things required to stop the filth (and you'll see it in Europe)...pace and a threat down the flanks. Firstly to put their full backs under pressure and secondly to make them wary of over committing when they do attack.

And again if you have pace and mobility in midfield then not only will you be able to counter their pace and movement but at home you will be expected to take the game to them and expose their defensive frailties.

A team like this would cope no problem

McGregor

Whittaker

Goian

Bocanegra

Wallace/Papac

Naismith

Davis

McKay

Wylde/Bedoya

Lafferty

Jelavic

I just have the worst feeling wel have 5 in the midfield edu or mcculloch sitting in front of the defence with jela up front himself, in thise case celtic will have all the play an we can onli hit on the break. I pray we go for it with davis and mckay in the middle wylde an naisy on the wings with laff an jela up front, big laff will win every header up there. Just reading the papres yesterday with al the talk of taxes and the mhanks with there tax man wind ups just makes me so fucking pumped for this game hope the team do us proud. WATP

I hope Ally goes at them, but Lafferty wins very few balls in the air.

The two things required to stop the filth (and you'll see it in Europe)...pace and a threat down the flanks. Firstly to put their full backs under pressure and secondly to make them wary of over committing when they do attack.

And again if you have pace and mobility in midfield then not only will you be able to counter their pace and movement but at home you will be expected to take the game to them and expose their defensive frailties.

A team like this would cope no problem

McGregor

Whittaker

Goian

Bocanegra

Wallace/Papac

Naismith

Davis

McKay

Wylde/Bedoya

Lafferty

Jelavic

After reading quite a few posts.. this team seems to be the consensus. I only hope Ally is looking in!

After reading quite a few posts.. this team seems to be the consensus. I only hope Ally is looking in!

Of course it would be naive to think you simply pick your team based on your own strengths and not worry about the oppositions.

For example does McCoist bring Edu in at the expense of McKay to bring some much needed height to the team especially when defending corners and free kicks. After all they have a fair few players who are tall and physical.

Or does he decide it is a risk worth taking to leave Edu out and go with a more attack minded and pacy midfield.

Then he has to look at how they will set up and again decide if he needs to go 5 in midfield to counter their predicted 5. Will Brown play or will he not. If he does will he play wide or more central? Does he need to deploy Edu in a defensive role to close down Ki and or Kayal?

How does he shackle Hooper or Bangura or Stokes or Samaras?

Does he go for the height but inexperience of Perry to match the height and physicality of their support or does he go for experience and put Papac or Bocanegra beside Goian assuming both Papac and Wallace are fit?

Same for the Lurgan Bigot. He will be pondering our team selection and wondering if he should go with 2 up front and sacrifice the middle of the park or go 1 up front and put Forrest in a roving role out on either flank.

Personally i have always been a great believer in setting your team up to play to the best of its strengths but at the same time take in to account your oppositions biggest threat and look at ways of utilising your strengths to neutralise theirs.

That is why i think McCoist will err on the side of caution and go with the likes of Edu,Papac and McCulloch because he will feel that experience will be vital on Sunday to get us through the first 30 minutes of this game then do a Smith and open up more in the last 20 minutes or so.

If we win 1-0 he will be a genius but if we have another Malmo or Maribor then the pressure will intensify to the point of mass hysteria if he tries to shut up shop and it fails.