Tims May Be Back Out Of Europe

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA have never recognised a Court of Law and I dont think they ever will.

It's a disgrace that a footballing body thinks they are above the law of the region in which they are domiciled. Anyways, I think a previous poster has covered it off that the Swiss Court ruling today was simply an injunction against the EL starting without Sion until a full hearing is completed into the merits of whether Sion broke transfer rules or not. UEFA will be sued for ignoring the ruling and be forced to pay money at the very least to Sion.

To summarise, FUCK UEFA.

Although tbf I dont give a fuck, Atletico are going to pump these pretentious bastards on Thursday and Im going to enjoy watching it.

of course they have recognised a court of law before. The bosman ruling came from court and look at the disaster that caused football. Imo courts should stay the Fuck out of footballing matters.

It will be moved up the the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but due to how UEFA have handled it, it will be decided after thursday. Therefore if Sion win (and they should win, as domestic law takes precedence) they have the right to sue both UEFA and Celtic.

Great! They get pumped in all 6 games, they play catch up wae us every Sunday, and then they get fucked with a heavy fine as well?

Things could messy here.

It will be moved up the the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but due to how UEFA have handled it, it will be decided after thursday. Therefore if Sion win (and they should win, as domestic law takes precedence) they have the right to sue both UEFA and Celtic.

So the mhanky mob may end up with a tired demoralised squad due to three european pumpings and could lose any financial gain from it as well, fantastic!!!! :D

So if Sion were re-instated, and then the courts found in celtics favour, celtic would have no recourse on the issue?

Would they not be able to claim lost revenue due to having been kicked out illegally?

Sorry, I should have rephrased, in that specific matter Celtic would have no legal recourse to challenge the CAS. In the situation you describe they would.

Sion have had the aappeal booted out by uefa it's on ssn.

To be frank, UEFA were always going to boot it out. The real test comes with FC Sion's appeal to the Swiss Court System and the subsequent pass over of the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

What should have happened, at the very worst, is that the Madrid match should have been postponed until the whole thing was sorted out. In fact what should have happened is that the whole thing should have been sorted after the first leg, or even at the registration process. Just think of the poor bloke who does the Madrid programmes, does he just put Atletico vs TBA, no-one ever thinks of that poor blokes job.

What should have happened, at the very worst, is that the Madrid match should have been postponed until the whole thing was sorted out. In fact what should have happened is that the whole thing should have been sorted after the first leg, or even at the registration process. Just think of the poor bloke who does the Madrid programmes, does he just put Atletico vs TBA, no-one ever thinks of that poor blokes job.

Or whether they need tae order in a couple of thousand pies in anticipation of playing Sion, or will they need 70,000 tae cater for the mass exodus of sellik fans?

According to yahoo sports the tims have been cleared to play Athletico. Sad to say but I cant see Sion getting back in now :(

They wont get back in.

However, legally, they will probably be able to sue UEFA and Celtic after the CAS case (assuming of course the verdict goes in Sions favour but I have explained that circumstance before).

of course they have recognised a court of law before. The bosman ruling came from court and look at the disaster that caused football. Imo courts should stay the Fuck out of footballing matters.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. They've never recognised a domestic court of law before. Bosman won in the Belgian courts but UEFA refused to recognise the rulings, therefore he took it to the ECJ and they were then forced to accept. In this case, if Sion take it to the CAS and win then UEFA must accept it.

I dont think football should think of itself as being above the law.

Ok then. If a local sheriff court in scotland finds me not guily of singing a certain song but Uefa find Rangers guilty of singing same song is that not Uefa making their own laws?

I know it's a double post, but I'll expand.

In this case, if you took it to the European Court of Human Rights (if you were charged as an individual), UEFA would have to throw out their ruling.