What Do You Make Of This?

G.E.C.

I am not saying they are wrong, why are you deliberatly missing the point? That is not the point i am making or made. I will try again, i am saying it is a deliberate dig from the Rhebel against Rangers and our fans. That is all. Whether it is right or not is not the point.

We'll fight press lies(and try to supress the truth too). Got you now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal, sellick fans are saying the same as us about this back page. I was looking for a picture of it and it popped up on a sellick site, have a look at this:

"The treatment of Neil Lennon by the Daily Record seems similar to the treatment of the Jews by Der Sturmer [Nazi propaganda paper] - or at least at the start of the Nazi propaganda campaign. This isn't the first time we have seen this and the Record are beginning a hate campaign against Lennon, Celtic and the Celtic support."

How melodramatic is that? :lol:

Having not read the story, I'm not sure what the point of such a back page headline is. To me, it just looks like a bit of stirring, but isn't that what gutter-rags are here for?

I don't see what all the fuss is about, but maybe it is an implicit dig at us, as somebody has already said. If anybody can work out why exactly I should be pissed off about this, please let me know.

If they are going to be as stupid to use this as a reference I am going to take in the literal sense it was meant and say. If that mhanky mob have such strong affiliations with The Jewish Community and feel the 'oppression' coming their way is even close to what happened to Jewish people around the world under an evil dictator, maybe they should change that Palestinian flag they fly to a Israeli.

That mhanky mob havn't the first clue what the word Hypocrisy means!

Or maybe I am over reacting on the basis of one poor uneducated fools opinion.

If they are going to be as stupid to use this as a reference I am going to take in the literal sense it was meant and say. If that mhanky mob have such strong affiliations with The Jewish Community and feel the 'oppression' coming their way is even close to what happened to Jewish people around the world under an evil dictator, maybe they should change that Palestinian flag they fly to a Israeli.

That mhanky mob havn't the first clue what the word Hypocrisy means!

Or maybe I am over reacting on the basis of one poor uneducated fools opinion.

You're quite right to be annoyed by such blatant ignorance. (tu)

The symptoms of their persecution complex become quite irritating.

Both us and them should be in the same place with this latest article. So many times the panel o clyde one (keevans and guidi surprise surprise) have riddiculed caller who demand they take a huge chunk of the blame for hype up of the hatred. This one they'll have to face the music with this one!

Both us and them should be in the same place with this latest article. So many times the panel o clyde one (keevans and guidi surprise surprise) have riddiculed caller who demand they take a huge chunk of the blame for hype up of the hatred. This one they'll have to face the music with this one!

Guidi tried to turn it round on Fraser Wishart by asking him "what word would you use to describe tomorrow's game" and, basically, demanding an answer.

Maybe he should just held his hands up and said "hey, we've got it wrong". But, nah, the fat clown tried to bully his way out of it.

Guidi tried to turn it round on Fraser Wishart by asking him "what word would you use to describe tomorrow's game" and, basically, demanding an answer.

Maybe he should just held his hands up and said "hey, we've got it wrong". But, nah, the fat clown tried to bully his way out of it.

Typical!!! That fat waste of space and his geriatric shit stirring pal should be taken to task over it!!!!

Have to laugh at the average Tim though. Reading through their posts they regularly go out of their way to emphasise how they don't buy the Record or the Sun. They're all Guardian, Independent, Times readers. Yet the club has received hundreds of complaints regarding the headline and story.

Fuck them. They're not going to be satisfied until everything that's reported, in whatever format, casts them in a favourable light. They want to swan around the world singing their sectarian political filth and expect everyone to accept it as being non offensive, all the time continually complaining about anything they don't like, i.e. anything we say and do, the BBC, newspaper after newspaper, journalists, head of refereeing, referees, the SFA and so on.

Fortunately, everyone apart from themselves, are waking up to what they really represent. Even the clubs down South who had an affinity with them through the 70's and 80's have had enough of them visiting their towns and cities with their repertoire of anti British songs.

They're, basically, an 'alcoholic' football club. And we all know that the first step an alcoholic has to take towards full recovery is to admit they have a problem in the first place.

I am not saying they are wrong, why are you deliberatly missing the point? That is not the point i am making or made. I will try again, i am saying it is a deliberate dig from the Rhebel against Rangers and our fans. That is all. Whether it is right or not is not the point.

In my time away, and, actually, part of what made me spend less and less time here, is that very thing there. I saw a "mod" do it on another thread the other day, which is poor

The headline is quite blatantly a dig, as you said. Simple word association, "Rangers Fan - Hate", very similar to "Rangers Fan - Bigot"

The bheast reaction to it is amusing, as, its an attempt to take a moral high ground after their recent negative publicity, and, their "fans" reaction to it is due to a lack of education, they dont seem to get subtle, much in the same way Americans struggle with irony

In my time away, and, actually, part of what made me spend less and less time here, is that very thing there. I saw a "mod" do it on another thread the other day, which is poor

The headline is quite blatantly a dig, as you said. Simple word association, "Rangers Fan - Hate", very similar to "Rangers Fan - Bigot"

The bheast reaction to it is amusing, as, its an attempt to take a moral high ground after their recent negative publicity, and, their "fans" reaction to it is due to a lack of education, they dont seem to get subtle, much in the same way Americans struggle with irony

Spot on mate. Its worse when you know they are doing it on purpose too. Almost craving confusion and argument. Its pathetic. (tu)

Exactly. It's what triggered my article, although I'd had the idea for a while now.