Nationalist Rangers Fans

GOAT

Proof?

Your idiotic claims, that presumably lead back to the release of al megrahi hold utterly no weight.

I don't have any. It's just a guess.

But they're not idiotic claims. They are genuine concerns. Salmond has repeatedly cited European states as examples to illustrate his vision for Scotland. He's got lots of friends in Scandanavia. An independant Scotland would be seeking a place in the European Union almost immediately.

This is quite wrong.

The SNP tried to hold a referendum, but the unionist parties ran scared a threatened to vote it down.

The SNP won a majority and will stick to their pledge to hold the referendum in the 2nd half of this term. It's nailed on certain that it will be in 2015/16.

So why not hold it now?

You know why. I know why. The snp know why.

You would bloody lose and not get your republic of tartanland you so desire.

At the end of the day, and you still cant acknowledge this, the majority of the electorate voted for unionist parties in westminster.

So why not hold it now?

You know why. I know why. The snp know why.

You would bloody lose and not get your republic of tartanland you so desire.

At the end of the day, and you still cant acknowledge this, the majority of the electorate voted for unionist parties in westminster.

*cringe* tartanland.

I don't know how many times I have repeated it will be in 2015/16 during the 2nd half of this term. This was what the people voted for and this is what the people will get.

We would have had the vote a few years back but the unionist parties were too scared and blocked the vote.

All we have been hearing from the uber-brits on here is negative scaremongering. So lets be having all the benefits of the union to 21st century Scotland........

He has a curious attitude to facts, just ignoring those that he doesn't like and calling people idiots for using them.

I was thinking of reminding him that Constitutional affairs aren't devolved, but he might explode.

I'm not sure if anyone's asked yet, so I will:

I believe I have already answered the point in the last page.

If the act of union is disolved, the assets of the country will be split up based on location. International maritine laws clearly show the sea based boundaries. These are the boundaries last updaded in 1999 by the Uk government.

Land borders will also remain the same and assets in the land of Scotland would be retained by Scotland, and visa versa. It very simple, indeed it isn't even an argument held by the unionist parties.

Gone are the days where they claim Scotland couldn't survive if the SNP came into power, and gone are the days where the London tries to steal the oil post normalisation.

I believe I have already answered the point in the last page.

If the act of union is disolved, the assets of the country will be split up based on location. International maritine laws clearly show the sea based boundaries. These are the boundaries last updaded in 1999 by the Uk government.

Land borders will also remain the same and assets in the land of Scotland would be retained by Scotland, and visa versa. It very simple, indeed it isn't even an argument held by the unionist parties.

Gone are the days where they claim Scotland couldn't survive if the SNP came into power, and gone are the days where the London tries to steal the oil post normalisation.

That doesn't answer the point at all. You're either deliberately evading it or you don't understand it. Do you think all it takes for the Act of Union to be ripped up is for a referendum in Scotland to vote for independence? doh:lol:

That doesn't answer the point at all. You're either deliberately evading it or you don't understand it. Do you think all it takes for the Act of Union to be ripped up is for a referendum in Scotland to vote for independence? doh:lol:

It did.

To answer this different question.

David Cameron has said he would fight for the union with every fibre in his body, but he would recognise the settled will on the Scottish people.

...and to go back to my point, in this hypothetical Scottish state, I find it very hard to believe that Salmond would be willing to make Scotland the Corporate Tax Haven it would have to be to attract the investment it would require. You're saying that Scotland is making a profit but it's doing so as a part of the United Kingdom. You wouldn't have the huge financial clout of the City of London behind you if you went independant.

...and to go back to my point, in this hypothetical Scottish state, I find it very hard to believe that Salmond would be willing to make Scotland the Corporate Tax Haven it would have to be to attract the investment it would require. You're saying that Scotland is making a profit but it's doing so as a part of the United Kingdom. You wouldn't have the huge financial clout of the City of London behind you if you went independant.

You really don't understand any of this do you?

Scotland is making a profit on the back of being Scotland.

Lets look at Scotland main profit streams.

Income tax

Oil revenues

Tourism

technologies

exports

Now which of the following would deminish is Scotland became normal? Now the point you make about corporation tax is a valid one. Northern Ireland have been able to set their own rates of corporation tax and a reaping the benefits attracting more new investment in the previous fiscal year that in the two prior.

Next you talk about the city of London. Do you think this directly benefits Scotland? It's actually for you quite a decent point. Glasgow in particular has grown into a major finacial player over the last few years to sit side by side with Edinburgh.

You really don't understand any of this do you?

Scotland is making a profit on the back of being Scotland.

Lets look at Scotland main profit streams.

Income tax

Oil revenues

Tourism

technologies

exports

Now which of the following would deminish is Scotland became normal? Now the point you make about corporation tax is a valid one. Northern Ireland have been able to set their own rates of corporation tax and a reaping the benefits attracting more new investment in the previous fiscal year that in the two prior.

Next you talk about the city of London. Do you think this directly benefits Scotland? It's actually for you quite a decent point. Glasgow in particular has grown into a major finacial player over the last few years to sit side by side with Edinburgh.

Your cause might be served a little better if you didn't think you knew it all.

Ultimately it boils down to this. If you gain independance you'll be in competition with England. If I remember correctly it's precisely that problem that led to the Act of Union in the first place.

It makes perfect sense. Read again in the morning :P

It did.

To answer this different question.

David Cameron has said he would fight for the union with every fibre in his body, but he would recognise the settled will on the Scottish people.

I can read that at night, in the morning, or any other time and it won't make sense. "To answer this different question." Does that mean you answered my point by answering a different question with an answer which didn't answer my point? <cr> And what is "the settled will on the Scottish people?" Assuming you meant "of the Scottish people," if Scotland voted for independence why would recognising it stop him campaigning against dissolution? Why would it stop him negotiating terms of agreement to dissolution?

Do you know what my main problem with Salmond not holding the referendum now? We have to read the same old shite from you lot until he holds it and the Scottish people vote to remain part of the United Kingdom :uk:

Your cause might be served a little better if you didn't think you knew it all.

Ultimately it boils down to this. If you gain independance you'll be in competition with England. If I remember correctly it's precisely that problem that led to the Act of Union in the first place.

So your main concern about normalisation is that Scotland would compete with England?

Honestly in the modern global world is this really "what it boils down to"?

I can read that at night, in the morning, or any other time and it won't make sense. "To answer this different question." Does that mean you answered my point by answering a different question with an answer which didn't answer my point? <cr> And what is "the settled will on the Scottish people?" Assuming you meant "of the Scottish people," if Scotland voted for independence why would recognising it stop him campaigning against dissolution? Why would it stop him negotiating terms of agreement to dissolution?

Do you know what my main problem with Salmond not holding the referendum now? We have to read the same old shite from you lot until he holds it and the Scottish people vote to remain part of the United Kingdom :uk:

If you struggle with your reading skills then work on them.

The reason why Cameron wouldn't campaign against dissolution was highlighed earlier. He has already made it clear he WOULDN'T stand in the way of the will of the Scottish people. IF the yes vote wins Cameron will let proceedings commence.

Now, I have given my views on the oil settlement based on the IMB. What makes you think the UK government could possibly have a case at a court of law?