A New Striker A Necessity

MCLACHLAN1

Chances we squandered today were ridiculous... and this trying to score the perfect goal instead of taking a pop from outside the box is doing my nut in but I'm quite philisophical in that I can accept that from time to time you get days like this.

Every header he went for, he won! You, sir, are talking shite!

I'm quite willing to meet you, on a financial basis, on that one. I'll give you ten pound for every challenge he won in the air, you give me ten pound for every one he lost. Deal?

I'm quite willing to meet you, on a financial basis, on that one. I'll give you ten pound for every challenge he won in the air, you give me ten pound for every one he lost. Deal?

Everytime I saw him go up for a challenge, he won it. Shame there was nobody there on the end of it Financial basis? Geez a break!!!

I think Healy deserves a chance now and again. Of course he's ageing, and isn't exactly an ideal striker for us, but he has been given little to no opportunity to prove himself. 20 minutes to go, need a goal to kill a game, bring him on if others are playing poorly. I feel sorry for him sitting there on the bench every week, with pretty much no chance of getting on because McCulloch and Broadfoot are sitting beside him.

Chances we squandered today were ridiculous... and this trying to score the perfect goal instead of taking a pop from outside the box is doing my nut in but I'm quite philisophical in that I can accept that from time to time you get days like this.

we are like arsenal and try to walk the ball in the net all the time, davis is culpable for at least 3 times a game where he should shoot and doesnt and what makes it worse is that when he does shoot its normally not a bad effort.

£10 million for Jelavic would be amazing, only as long as a reasonable amount of it was reinvested though. Definately need a new striker and obviously a couple if we were to sell Jela.

Shall we just go into debt again? We need to sell to balance our books, if we do re invest any sales in the team in January it will be free transfers, extremely low fees or most likely loans.

I love how its Jelavic getting it tight.

Lafferty isn't half the player jela is and Healy is a non entity as a footballer.

We get rid of Jela we'd better be ready to get 2 strikersthe excuse making for Lafferty in his 4th year at the club might I add is a total joke.

Didn't Jelavic score yesterday? 7 goals in 15 isn't exactly setting the heather alight, but it's not bad for a player off form. Scores one in two games in the league (5 goals from 10) and managed to come off the bench and score in the league cup I'm sure. Talking about selling him for £10m (and being lucky to get it) is ridiculous tbh. If we sell our best player in January then i'm worried, even if the league is already tied up by then :crabflute:

I can see the criticism of players like broadfoot who have been stealing a wage for years but not the most technically gifted player in the league, and that we have had in the last few years.

If we aren't to use Naisy as a forward then I agree, a new striker is needed to partner Jelavic.

Didn't Jelavic score yesterday? 7 goals in 15 isn't exactly setting the heather alight, but it's not bad for a player off form. Scores one in two games in the league (5 goals from 10) and managed to come off the bench and score in the league cup I'm sure. Talking about selling him for £10m (and being lucky to get it) is ridiculous tbh. If we sell our best player in January then i'm worried, even if the league is already tied up by then :crabflute:

I can see the criticism of players like broadfoot who have been stealing a wage for years but not the most technically gifted player in the league, and that we have had in the last few years.

If we aren't to use Naisy as a forward then I agree, a new striker is needed to partner Jelavic.

In the Real world there is no chance of that.

If a bid of near £10 mil comes Jela will be gone, whether he likes it or not.

Whyte already said it was the timing of the bid that was the problem with bids in the Summer.

In the Real world there is no chance of that.

If a bid of near £10 mil comes Jela will be gone, whether he likes it or not.

Whyte already said it was the timing of the bid that was the problem with bids in the Summer.

Of course we would accept it, my point was previous posters where saying we would be lucky to get that amount and others seemed like they would be happy about getting it.