Rangers Fan Jailed For 8 Months

Sheikh Salim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The onus would be on the court to prove it was you.

The court has evidence your Facebook account made a post on a particular day at a particular time. That Facebook account is security protected by way of a password and security questions if you forget that password. That's sufficient to imply that you made that post. The onus is then on you to prove it was not you.

PS - my knowledge of criminal proceedings isn't watertight, but i'm fairly sure i'm right in what i'm saying.

Its sicking really. Was reading in the paper the other day of a wee lassie who was run over when she was 6 months old by a bastard doing 70mph in a range rover in a 30mph zone. The girl is about 5 now I think but cant speak, walk and has to have constant care costing £70k a month. The prick that did it was out of jail in 6 months, yet call names to poor down trodding tims and you get 8 months in jail. What a shables our justice system is.

So Jasper voted for Osama and Sadam by ticking the ballot box and next he's going to vote for Lennon? So why on earth would that land him in jail? I know Scotland's justice system is a bit strange e.g. freeing terrorists who blow up planes. But surely that would be a step too far even for a bunch of fhannies.

I cant belive this any one posting shite like that is a knob what ever way you look at it but getting the jail fck me the shit people get away with in this pissin country from pedos to wife beaters to house robing and they waste time giving this guy 8 months fck me a dispear. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. I am not a voter but from now on in i will be and i would encourage every other free minded bear/scot/sane person to join me and the rest of the country as we back lash against A.S and the SNP. (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu)

I don't want to live in a country that can lock you up for such low grade nonsense.

fuck the snp.

It's a fucking joke. Hopefully there is some sort of appeal procedure route he can go down, and make a mockery of this case. It doesn't matter if it is a Rangers fan, Hearts, Elgin city whatever it's the principle. That wee cunt Goodwin deserves equal treatment if this is the way the government are gonna be.

TBH though, as much as Goodwin is a wee cunt and this guy is a fool, bloody Prison? :blink:

That leaves Labour or the Tories next election, if I'm not in jail by then...

what a waste of taxpayers money jailing him for 8months

why not make him do community service and pay something back to society, jailing him is fucking pointless

Argeed mate need tae laugh At the sad state of affairs this country is in

Spot the difference

Celtic fan who posted sectarian remarks on Facebook is sentenced A Celtic supporter who posted racist and sectarian comments on Facebook has avoided a jail sentence after writing letters of apology to Walter Smith and El Hadji Diouf.

Michael Bailey, 20, was given a community order after he left a number of messages on a Facebook page called "Neil Lennon should be banned" and his personal page. The messages were about Rangers fans, former manager Smith and the club’s ex-player, Diouf.

Bailey posted comments which included 'Glasgow rangers yous are s*** you bunch of orange b*******' and "Oh the rangers are s**** ya bunch of p*** lovers send diouf back to the jungle and you can go back with him...ya smelly orange c***...soldiers are we...TIOCFAIDH AR LA.".

He also described former Rangers manager Walter Smith as a "dirty pie eating Orange b******". On Tuesday, Glasgow Sheriff Court heard Bailey had written letters of apology to those named in his messages.

Bailey, from Paisley, pled guilty at an earlier hearing at Glasgow Sheriff Court to a charge of posting comments of a "racist and sectarian nature" on the internet between March 7 and 8 this year - only days after the Old Firm took part in a fiery Scottish Cup match which led to criticism from the Scottish Government and a summit between the clubs, ministers and senior police officers.

As part of his sentence, Bailey must carry out 300 hours of community service. He has also been banned from attending any UK football stadium for the next two years.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Johanna Johnston QC told Bailey: "Bigotry, sectarianism and racism have caused a lot of problems in the west of Scotland and elsewhere in the country. It is criminal behaviour that has led to outbursts of violence and disorder in the city."

Sheriff Johnston added: "You have taken some action to apologise to those you directly offended." The Sheriff said she would have had "no hesitation" in sending Bailey, a first offender, to jail if had he shown any signs of violence or incitement to violence.

The court heard how a police taskforce began a review of social network sites and their contents after an increase of sectarian football-related hostility and offending following the Old Firm match on March 2.

1zxv0k5.jpg

what happen to this chap did he get asked for input by the SNP on these new offensiveness laws?

Why dont you go to a police station and report that you are offended by it.

Im positively sure, if the circumstances are the same, then the same punishment will be mooted out. (tu)