Jordan McMillan

toolongawake

Jordan McMillan has also been mulling been offered new contract.

Defender McMillan, 22, came through

Rangers' youth ranks and has had loan

spells at Hamilton, Queen of the South

and Wrexham.

His only appearance so far this season

was in a 3- 0 win at Motherwell in August

and his current contract expires next

summer.

"As yet, Jordan's representatives haven't got

back so I haven't heard but I would imagine we

would hear in the very near future," said

McCoist.

Are you serious ? The boy has never been given any proper chance and the 5 games or whatever it is he has played he has done better than the other 2 that are ahead of him

I like the lad but to write off what Whittaker has done for us in his years at the club is frankly scandalous. Nobody is saying he's a world beater, but to say McMillan is better after 5 games of football is crazy. Whittaker might not be everyone's cup of tea, but his attacking prowess alone is vital to us in the SPL. Scores goals, creates goals and, for me, certainly isn't as poor a defender as everyone thinks he is.

Good luck to McMillan, I'd love to see him pushing for a spot.

Oh right that must be it then. Heart ruling the head stuff.

Not saying he will sign, but if he is given assurances of involvement by Ally, he may give it say 1 more year. I do feel for the lad because there's no doubting he should be ahead of Broadfoot every day of the week

I'd like to see McMillan given a run in the team with Whittaker pushed forward into right mid to replace Naisy. Whittakers better going forward and McMillan showed more positional sense in 1 game this season that Broadfoot has done in the past, outside of the Old Firm games.

I'd like to see McMillan given a run in the team with Whittaker pushed forward into right mid to replace Naisy. Whittakers better going forward and McMillan showed more positional sense in 1 game this season that Broadfoot has done in the past, outside of the Old Firm games.

That is interesting. Would much prefer Whitts in there to Ortiz.

That is interesting. Would much prefer Whitts in there to Ortiz.

I still think Ortiz could be a useful player for us, but only when Ally comes to the realisation that he is not, and has never been, a right winger. He's got a good eye for a pass and can break up play (from his days playing right back/wing back for Almeria). Could be an alternative for central mid in the games when we throw in McCulloch, especially if we need someone who can do some running (he might not be fast, but he's not as cumbersome as Jig).

If we play Whittaker further up the park there's also the hope that he could re-ignite his goalscoring, which again would go some way to offsetting Naismith loss.

Good post, constructive rather than an attempt to pump Whitts out of the team. Could be an idea, though the folk on here moaning about Papac at left mid would be fuming. Playing with 4 full backs. Ha I like it. Did Whitts not struggle a bit previously when played right mid?

I agree that Ortiz will be very useful, he's a decent player, nothing more. Gets more stick than he deserves though

I like the lad but to write off what Whittaker has done for us in his years at the club is frankly scandalous. Nobody is saying he's a world beater, but to say McMillan is better after 5 games of football is crazy. Whittaker might not be everyone's cup of tea, but his attacking prowess alone is vital to us in the SPL. Scores goals, creates goals and, for me, certainly isn't as poor a defender as everyone thinks he is.

Good luck to McMillan, I'd love to see him pushing for a spot.

Whittaker has been ok for us overall IMO nothing more and maybe I am being a bit unfair on him . But I have never rated him highly . Infect I think he has got worse since he came to rangers defensively , and you can't say that about alot of players .

No matter what his performances he seems undroppable. Cost us twice in the malmo games and has been very poor defensively gets a ban/injury I can't remember which and McMillan comes in and does well like he done in the friendlys .

Then he is automatically out the team again and can't get on the bench ahead of Kirk . That's what shocks me the most .

U don't like to see experience ( and earnings imo ) over ability or form

I still think Ortiz could be a useful player for us, but only when Ally comes to the realisation that he is not, and has never been, a right winger. He's got a good eye for a pass and can break up play (from his days playing right back/wing back for Almeria). Could be an alternative for central mid in the games when we throw in McCulloch, especially if we need someone who can do some running (he might not be fast, but he's not as cumbersome as Jig).

If we play Whittaker further up the park there's also the hope that he could re-ignite his goalscoring, which again would go some way to offsetting Naismith loss.

Maybe mate, i never thought of him as a holding midfield type.

The thing that puts me off Whitts as a wide man is his crossing, it is horrific, i do prefer him furtehr up but he cannot cross the ball.

Are you serious ? The boy has never been given any proper chance and the 5 games or whatever it is he has played he has done better than the other 2 that are ahead of him

a just dont see the point in offering a guy a contract that has only played 5 games over the years when we are in this finacial mess