What else could Rangers sell?

Colonel Mustard

I find it depressing and disgusting in equal measure that Rangers fans (on Rangers forums like RM), promote the idea of selling the name of our famous stadium.

It provokes the question, what else belonging to us, would they be agreeable to selling for a few pieces of silver?

I've already sarcastically mentioned selling off the contents of the trophy room, but I'm not so sure that some would find it all that abhorrent, as long as the price was right.

So, what else would actually be for sale if we sold our souls, and renamed the world famous Ibrox Stadium?

Would it be fine to become the Go Compare Rangers FC, or Fredbet Rangers, if enough money was offered?

Would we change our official colours to green to get a juicy Asda sponsorship deal?

Where does the line get drawn with those who think that a fistful of dollars is the be all and end all in today's society?

Stadium sponsorship isn't the worst idea out there. Rangers are not in a position to turn down additional revenue streams which could be lucrative. If naming rights to a stand or the whole stadium happened, its not going to take away all the history etc and the fans will always know it as Ibrox so I dont see what the big deal is.

Damned if we do by people like yourself.

Damned if we don't by the administrators if we end up losing the tax case heavily.

It's a no-win!

Those who advocate selling our stadium's name aren't administrators. They're supposed to be Rangers fans, and most don't mention administration in relation to doing it...they just think it's a good idea to get a few shekels.

Stadium sponsorship isn't the worst idea out there. Rangers are not in a position to turn down additional revenue streams which could be lucrative. If naming rights to a stand or the whole stadium happened, its not going to take away all the history etc and the fans will always know it as Ibrox so I dont see what the big deal is.

The big deal is that no one would call it Ibrox any more...not in the media anyway, and probably not among fans either. In fact most would take great delight in using the new name, IMO.

Scotland's trophies are always now referred to by their new sponsor names anyway (Tennent's Scottish Cup, Clydesdale Bank League, etc.), so I don't see how "the fans" would always refer to it as Ibrox.

Some of the fans we have now, would be brainwashed into using the new name in about 6 months, going by recent history.

The big deal is that no one would call it Ibrox any more...not in the media anyway, and probably not among fans either. In fact most would take great delight in using the new name, IMO.

Scotland's trophies are always now referred to by their new sponsor names anyway (Tennent's Scottish Cup, Clydesdale Bank League, etc.), so I don't see how "the fans" would always refer to it as Ibrox.

Some of the fans we have now, would be brainwashed into using the new name in about 6 months, going by recent history.

Do you call it the Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League or the SPL like everyone else?

I find it depressing and disgusting in equal measure that Rangers fans (on Rangers forums like RM), promote the idea of selling the name of our famous stadium.

It provokes the question, what else belonging to us, would they be agreeable to selling for a few pieces of silver?

I've already sarcastically mentioned selling off the contents of the trophy room, but I'm not so sure that some would find it all that abhorrent, as long as the price was right.

So, what else would actually be for sale if we sold our souls, and renamed the world famous Ibrox Stadium?

Would it be fine to become the Go Compare Rangers FC, or Fredbet Rangers, if enough money was offered?

Would we change our official colours to green to get a juicy Asda sponsorship deal?

Where does the line get drawn with those who think that a fistful of dollars is the be all and end all in today's society?

Away ye go u wanker. have you not noticed that everyone in this country and most of Europe are a in a credit crunch?

Have you not noticed that we have a tax bill and are getting threatened by administration?

Clubs in England have been selling there naming rights for money so if they need it it must be bad. we have to do something to start getting decent money in again.

None of this is Craig whytes fault its murrays and, whyte is just trying to get us out of it anything that can help us he will do.

Away ye go u wanker. have you not noticed that everyone in this country and most of Europe are a in a credit crunch?

Have you not noticed that we have a tax bill and are getting threatened by administration?

Clubs in England have been selling there naming rights for money so if they need it it must be bad. we have to do something to start getting decent money in again.

None of this is Craig whytes fault its murrays and, whyte is just trying to get us out of it anything that can help us he will do.

"Away ye go u wanker".

Typical new age, handwringer, fuck our history, Rangers supporter attitude, to anyone trying to preserve our roots and tradition.

Well done.

Listen Mate. I am 51 years old and have spent my whole life being a bear ( probably as you have ) If we were to rename the stadium for a few quid in our pockets I would not be one to stand in the way. Football supporters worldwide don't think of us as the team that plays at Ibrox. Some will think of us as the famous Glasgow Rangers. Others with more knowledge of the game will remember us as simply The Rangers ( our true name ) The People worldwide that know the game inside out will Know us as RANGERS F.C. THE WORLD@S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB. If we ever rename the stadium for monetary gains, we should always remember that we are the most successful football club in World Football. It is not our fault that we play in Scotland. We have after all produced some of the best players that the world has ever seen. Baxter. Johnstone, Cooper, Dalgleish, Law, Broadfoot to name just a few. We have also given the footballing world some of its greatest ever managers. Bill Struth, Jock Stein, Matt Busby, Bill Shankly, Sir Alex Ferguson, walter Smith and John Lambie. Sorry Pal I am Rabbitting on a bit. what I am really trying to say that is if we do sell the name of Ibrox to some company that wants to sponsor us, we must not do it on the cheap. Let them know what they are buying in to and if they want to pay up and support the cause, reap the benefits then it must be a good deal for all concerned. W A T P.

Listen Mate. I am 51 years old and have spent my whole life being a bear ( probably as you have ) If we were to rename the stadium for a few quid in our pockets I would not be one to stand in the way. Football supporters worldwide don't think of us as the team that plays at Ibrox. Some will think of us as the famous Glasgow Rangers. Others with more knowledge of the game will remember us as simply The Rangers ( our true name )

So, as the thread title and the OP asks...after we sell our soul by renaming Ibrox, what is next for Rangers to sell?

Where do we draw the line? Is everything for sale?

I've already accepted that the surrender monkey, non traditionalist, Johnny-come-lately modernists, would sell our soul...er sorry...sell our stadium's name.

I'm asking what else would we sell?

I really hope we don't have to but unfortunately I agree with the poster who said about all clubs doing it eventually. It's the way of the modern game and it pisses me off so much, can hardly be fucked with it anymore.

So, you hate it, but you'll accept it happening eventually, because you can't be fucked any more, because it's the modern way?

No Surrender, eh?

I'll stick with the old school, I think. At least they had principles.

I don't think they'll do it just for the sake of it. I think it will only be done if absolutely necessary, and if that is the case, then fine. I would rather it be called some random brand name than us go completely bust and go into administration.

It will still be Ibrox, at the end of the day.

So, you hate it, but you'll accept it happening eventually, because you can't be fucked any more, because it's the modern way?

No Surrender, eh?

I'll stick with the old school, I think. At least they had principles.

Like yourself I've supported The Rangers for a long long time [56yrs from the cradle] and I hate the idea of renaming Ibrox, however if it meant the difference between us going under or staying afloat, then I guess I'd have to go with selling the name rights but only as a last resort.

I like to think of myself as old school as well but as I'm sure you would agree the survival of the club is paramount, but if it's only for the sake of making a few bob then count me out.

dinosaur loyal.

Like yourself I've supported The Rangers for a long long time [56yrs from the cradle] and I hate the idea of renaming Ibrox, however if it meant the difference between us going under or staying afloat, then I guess I'd have to go with selling the name rights but only as a last resort.

I like to think of myself as old school as well but as I'm sure you would agree the survival of the club is paramount, but if it's only for the sake of making a few bob then count me out.

dinosaur loyal.

The "sell yer soul and rename Ibrox" mob, have said little about doing it to save Rangers, or to take us forward in some way.

They want to do it because we "get a few bob".

Snakes in the grass IMO. This country used to have people with principles and standards. This club used to have supporters with the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Now we have "the only way is Essex" type bluenoses, and these scumbags actually drag us into the midden.

There are Rangers supporters who think that RFC doesn't have anything in the club that sits without a price tag. What is that all about?

It's abominable to think I sit beside these people, in a place where Rangers supporters used to sit together as one, and a lot of them actually have no concern for Rangers' history...not for the stadium, not for the name of RFC, and not for anything to do with our history.

Newsflash for them...Rangers' history and tradition is not for sale. No wonder we're in a mess, with you lot in tow.