Saturday Leggo

Govan Front Antz

David Leggat - giving it to you straight

April 2011May 2011June 2011July 2011Posts [saturday, 12 November 2011

CELTIC PLAN TO CASH IN IF RANGERS GO BUST - Exclusive

CELTIC are believed to be drawing up plans to push for the maximum punishment for Rangers, should the Ibrox club go into administration.

According to a well placed mole, Celtic are already looking at a short list of the best legal brains in Britain to call in for the finest legal advice that money can buy.

That could even see Celtic’s next board meeting advised as to just how hard a line they can try and push the Scottish Premier League into taking against Rangers should the worst scenario unfold.

We have already seen the idea of the SPL’s statutory 10 point penalty being increased to a swingeing 25 points. Clearly Celtic chief executive, Peter Lawwell does not believe a mere ten point penalty would be sure of stopping Rangers winning the title again.

But, and this is what my mole, who has a senior role in Scottish football, has been hearing, Lawwell won’t stop there if he can get away with it.

It is believed that inside Parkhead a plan is being hatched to try and land Rangers with a 25 point penalty immediately - PLUS another 25 points at the start of next season…

And ten a THIRD 25point penalty at the start of season 2013-14!

Perhaps Lawwell believes those demands would put him in the driving seat in any negotiations and that he would hold out for an immediate 25point deduction, followed by, perhaps 20 pints the second season and around 15 for the third.

Such a punishment would put Rangers out of the title race for three seasons, opening the door to Europe and the money to be made there, for Celtic.

It is unlikely Rangers would be able to recover from such a heavy punishment for many years. Perhaps a decade may pass before Rangers could become champions again.

To bulldoze any such secret scheme through, the first thing Celtic must be sure of is their legal ground. Then they have to canvas votes from the SPL Board, and may find that the matter is put before all member clubs.

Some clubs may see the chance of finishing runners up and winning a shot at Europe’s riches should Rangers be handicapped, and be tempted. Others, possibly Hearts under the present regime, may relish the chance to do damage to one half of the Old Firm.

Saner heads though will surely prevail. For a start, and at a basic level, Rangers supporters would take their revenge by refusing to go to away games, thus depriving such as Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Motherwell of much needed cash through the turnstiles.

But on a more important financial level, without a proper title tussle between the Old Firm, it is doubtful if Sky and ESPN would be interested in signing any new broadcast deal.

In fact, the small print of the current contracts is not known, and who knows what legal minefield may lurk in that direction should Celtic go ahead with what I am told they are planning.

Which is why soon – perhaps even the next time it meets – the Celtic board could be getting the very best and most expensive legal advice the club can buy.

However, what even the best QC in the land will probably not warn them about, is the depth of bad feeling that would exist between the two clubs for ever more.

Rangers would vow revenge, however long it took.

Those who hold the temporary stewardship of Celtic, and that means the man whose opinion really matters, chief executive, Peter Lawwell, would do well to remember that.

Even though he may be confident he will not be around in a seat of power by the time Rangers get the opportunity for vengeance. He may not be there, but Celtic will still be there to suffer the consequences of any action taken against Rangers now, which is interpreted as being vindictive.

Our club wouldnt take any of this pish for a second. Would fully expect and hope that we would withdraw from the spl if anything like this happened, and watch it crumble without us.

(tu)

If this turns out to be true, then this 'good behavior at football matches' is going to go 20 year backwards.

If the SPL changed their rules, and forced these deductions upon us, id hope Rangers would refuse to even participate in a single game.

Celtic dont realise, without Rangers, their winning a trophy that would just outclass the highland amateur cup.

(tu) I think if we threatened to walk out on them then they would back down big time. Rangers and Whyte would not accept it, not in a million years.

Even with the new paragraph for every sentence?

lol apart from that! :D

just none of his usual sly digs and pretentious big words thrown in for no reason.

anyone can write that way.

its not hard.

I would never do it though cause it does my frontal cranium in.

:crabflute:

lol never gonna happen, everyone involved with the game knows we would destroy the league if this happened, if Rangers didn't refuse to play we would stop going to away games and put all the fuckers under. Having said all that it is a god awful article from ole Legless as usual.

A very poor piece by Leggatt IMO.

It regurgitates the sensationalism from weeks ago, about 3 x 25 point deductions, without even investigating how this would come about...except to say that Lawwell might get the best legal brains to come up with a way of doing it.

CM, Totally agree. As recently as Wednesday evening on live radio Doncater stated the pre-defined and only sanction for going into administartion was a 10 point deduction unless the club then chose to do a "Pheonix". He even stated that is that team then ended the season ahead of the rest of the league despite the deduction they would be crowned champions and go forward to represent Scotland in the Champion's League.

If this is true its just shows once again what shread , intelligent man Liewell really is.

To be able to think the SPL will survive without Rangers really is, thinking out the box.

Or to put it another way , retarded...

I really couldn't care what his plans are he put Lennon in charge of his beloved club , fucking Lennon.

Seriously the guy is a oxygen thief, a moron, a fucking bigoted, baised, paranoid, shrivelled balls tiny dicked symptom suffering, whole world against me cunt.

"Even my tiny dick" is caused by a dick chromosome defect built around anti catholic bais.

Fuck him and all that he does...

WATP.

If even half of this shit came true I think me and all other bears would happily say shove your points and yur league up your arse and fuck off to who ever would take us and let that fat bastard lawell rot in the spl with all the rest of the shite.I am preparing myself for some major changes in our beloved club i dont know what but i think its time we all do and accept.We have been constantly getting shafted by the sfa now for years and i think Mr wyhte feels the same and this guy has a plan but the plan is going to shake scottish football right up,some fans wont agree withit but i for one have had enough of the double stangards our club get in this shite organisation,IT TIME FOR CHANGE!! WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Sensationalist article, but I would be surprised if Celtic weren't looking at how to maximize the penalty this year if we did have to form a phoenix company. A 10 point penalty may well be insufficient to allow them to win the league.

If we did win the league while in administration it would be interesting to see if they would launch a bid to take our place in the CL qualifiers. Legally they might succeed, but the fallout would be massive