Did it ever say, "Aye Ready"

nemisis

There was a photo for our old stands on another forum fairly recently a few weeks ago - it shows the crest quite cleaLry with the words simply as "Ready"

I was sure that it was 'Aye Ready' seem to remember seeing it on the West Enc circa late 1960's. Yet I have searched over Google and gone through half a dozen Rangers books. Including The New Era published in the mid60's and cannot find a trace of Aye Ready.

D'art if you find the pic please post and put me out my misery.

Originally it was 'Aye Work Awa', which was then changed to 'Ready Aye Ready', subsequently shortened to 'Aye Ready' and in 1966 to 'Ready'. :sherlock:

Are you sure it was changed in '66 . . . I remember it quite distinctly saying "Aye Ready" which would make me a geezer . . . :pipe:

Just shows how the mind/memory can play tricks on you. I started going to Ibrox in the late 1950's and was certain it said "Aye Ready" on the Copland end of the main stand. A few years back there was the same discussion on FF, the Rangers historian and others said it was never the case that "Aye Ready" was on the main stand. I still have doubts though, old age does not come alone!

Just shows how the mind/memory can play tricks on you. I started going to Ibrox in the late 1950's and was certain it said "Aye Ready" on the Copland end of the main stand. A few years back there was the same discussion on FF, the Rangers historian and others said it was never the case that "Aye Ready" was on the main stand. I still have doubts though, old age does not come alone!

I'm from that era and my memories are exactly the same," Aye Ready".

Those pics were taken in 1929 TA - so its not beyond the bounds of possibility that it has been changed and then changed back again as Peter's most recent photo shows.

Either that or a lot of you are suffering from mass hallucinations !

Those pics were taken in 1929 TA - so its not beyond the bounds of possibility that it has been changed and then changed back again as Peter's most recent photo shows.

Either that or a lot of you are suffering from mass hallucinations !

I seem to remember that the badge was changed in the 70's? from Aye Ready to just Ready. Or maybe I'm still tripping!!

Spot on Bud,,,,, was on both ends of the mainstand.........I mentioned earlier i am sure a transport company went and got the aye ready as a copywrite and that's when it changed. As you said I also would say in the 70s.

Has no one else noticed that the Lion has changed round as well?

The first old photo is maybe the wall at the other part of the building which means both lions are facing outwards. I couldn't see which way the lion was facing on the 2nd old photo.

Spot on Bud,,,,, was on both ends of the mainstand.........I mentioned earlier i am sure a transport company went and got the aye ready as a copywrite and that's when it changed. As you said I also would say in the 70s.

Sorry, but you're both perfectly wrong - as is Historian Robert Mcelroy.

I have researched this extensively and have also spoken to Club Historian David Mason who also confirms that the crests have always said READY.

Photographic evidence along with YOUTUBE footage also confirm this.