***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

Must have been hell for them against a ten man bottom placed side.10310.gif Agree that blaming the international break just sounds weak though, we're just a bit out of sorts since Naisy's injury and that will have to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

We have dropped points and lost with him in the team too. Naismith missing is not the reason we dropped points.

Midfield was anonymous today. Barry Ferguson may not have ended his gers career in a blaze of glory but he ALWAYS wanted the ball.

The same cant be said about our current midfield. I'm really pissed off about this result, and thinking about the way the match went we were lucky to get a point.

Very VERY one paced today.that goes for the entire side.

This genuinely isn't a knee jerk reaction, but I think Boca needs to take the Captains armband.

Davis needs to buck up his ideas, I have no idea what's going on in his mind. We cannot have someone so inconsistent in the middle of our park, especially with Naismith out.

Today was a mix of an international hangover and the post Naismith era beginning.

Players need to get their houses in order, and that was all of them today apart from McGregor and the back two.

Gutted. Cant believe all our dropped points have came at home to so called vastly inferior teams (Hearts aside). You would have thought with the tims winning earlier the lads would have went all out for the win and to keep our cushion at the top, now we have let the 2 teams behind us gain points whilst we looked abject to a very mediocore team. A bit worrying tbh

This genuinely isn't a knee jerk reaction, but I think Boca needs to take the Captains armband.

Davis needs to buck up his ideas, I have no idea what's going on in his mind. We cannot have someone so inconsistent in the middle of our park, especially with Naismith out.

Today was a mix of an international hangover and the post Naismith era beginning.

Players need to get their houses in order, and that was all of them today apart from McGregor and the back two.

I have been thinking this as well.

We have dropped points and lost with him in the team too. Naismith missing is not the reason we dropped points.

Naisy being injured is the reason we lacked anything between midfield and attack which resulted in basically no chances created which obviously contributed heavily to not winning today.

I agree its today was not all about Naisy being out but I don't think that factor can be underestimated.

Sorry this International hang over really don't get this excuse! We are for ever hearing players say they would rather play then train. So they played , travelled back and no doubt relax when back at training , so when the whistle goes they should be up for it and no excuses.

Naisy being injured is the reason we lacked anything between midfield and attack which resulted in basically no chances created which obviously contributed heavily to not winning today.

I agree its today was not all about Naisy being out but I don't think that factor can be underestimated.

I disagree to an extent Gary, he is not a 4 man midfield, our entire midfield today, again, were dreadful. Thats why there were no chances, no edge of seat stuff, no entertainment, no service, nothing. Midfield as a whole is absolutely shite just now and our wee captain is at the heart of this dross.

How does he need to take the captains armband ? he only here on a lunch break FFS. :lol: Ben51! more like Ben 10

I disagree to an extent Gary, he is not a 4 man midfield, our entire midfield today, again, were dreadful. Thats why there were no chances, no edge of seat stuff, no entertainment, no service, nothing. Midfield as a whole is absolutely shite just now and our wee captain is at the heart of this dross.

I agree that our midfield as a whole were awful, there is not disputing that. I do however believe that Naismith's role in the team helps both the forwards and midfielders get involved more and brings them into the game. Even when he is having a bad game his movement creates space for his teammates.

We should have enough in our team to beat St Johnstone without him thats for sure.

another great fan of the gers...

think we are only TOTL cause Celt*c are shite?

granted we have had some bad performances, but credit where credit is due, Ally is doing all he can with what he's got.

WE are in control of our destiny regardless of what that mob do, pity you canr feel or see that for yourself

Dont twist what i said.............if you think i'm going to tow the party line of nothing being wrong and we are playing well then think again.We have been poor more than we have played well this season and thats a fact.

I agree that our midfield as a whole were awful, there is not disputing that. I do however believe that Naismith's role in the team helps both the forwards and midfielders get involved more and brings them into the game. Even when he is having a bad game his movement creates space for his teammates.

We should have enough in our team to beat St Johnstone without him thats for sure.

Spot on mate.

Yes, I think Bocanegra should have the captains armband.

He is here only a few weeks and you think he deserves to take the armband off Davis? tut tut, Davis has been superb player for us and He along with Jelavic is the most important player in our team. Davis grew up a Rangers fan and is quality player.

Edit to add, shagger as-well :crabflute:

He is here only a few weeks and you think he deserves to take the armband off Davis? tut tut, Davis has been superb player for us and He along with Jelavic is the most important player in our team. Davis grew up a Rangers fan and is quality player.

Edit to add, shagger as-well :crabflute:

That has nothing to do with being a captain. You don't give a player the Captains armband because he's your best player, nor because he grew up supporting the Club. None of which I doubt. But I've never believed Davis has the traits of being a Captain.

Bocanegra is an experienced Captain who could lead from the back. I do not doubt when Davis turns up he is our best player, but he is not a Captain. Not for me.

On McGregor I'm not a fan of Goalkeeping captains.

That has nothing to do with being a captain. You don't give a player the Captains armband because he's your best player, nor because he grew up supporting the Club. None of which I doubt. But I've never believed Davis has the traits of being a Captain.

Bocanegra is an experienced Captain who could lead from the back. I do not doubt when Davis turns up he is our best player, but he is not a Captain. Not for me.

On McGregor I'm not a fan of Goalkeeping captains.

Them long balls that came from the back today weren't leading for me. Boca has enough experience to lead without the armband. You have to earn the armband at Rangers! not hand them out at every opportunity.

Walter Smith handed out the armband to Davis when Weir wasn't fit!i think i will trust Smiths judgment.

Them long balls that came from the back today weren't leading for me. Boca has enough experience to lead without the armband. You have to earn the armband at Rangers! not hand them out at every opportunity.

Walter Smith handed out the armband to Davis when Weir wasn't fit!i think i will trust Smiths judgment.

What has Davis done to earn it? If you go by your logic then McGregor should be captain, not an appointment i would support either.

Bocanegra is a born leader and a real captain, Davis is not. (tu)

So you agree he can lead us? Bocanegra hardly plays a high ball and when he does it's a pass..Not a needless hoof up the park, he's always the one going short at GKs looking to pass the ball out.

Not that that makes a difference anyway. Boca has shown me every quality Davis hasn't to be the Captain..Take a random punter off the street, let him watch the game, then ask him who our natural leader is.

What has Davis done to earn it? If you go by your logic then McGregor should be captain, not an appointment i woudl support either.

Bocanegra is a born leader and a real captain, Davis is not. (tu)

Walter Smith give him it! i trust him before i would trust anyone on this site.

So you agree he can lead us? Bocanegra hardly plays a high ball and when he does it's a pass..Not a needless hoof up the park, he's always the one going short at GKs looking to pass the ball out.

Not that that makes a difference anyway. Boca has shown me every quality Davis hasn't to be the Captain..Take a random punter off the street, let him watch the game, then ask him who our natural leader is.

Ben, he has been here about 15 games. why should Davis have it took of him? Smith give it to him! What would of been the difference today? The only player played well today was Shagger.