***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

Ben, he has been here about 15 games. why should Davis have it took of him? Smith give it to him! What would of been the difference today? The only player played well today was Shagger.

The front 2 were trying but had absolutely no help from anyone in midfield. Fleck showed desire when he came on, the back 5 had another shut out. Midfield is where our problems always seem to stem from.

Ben, he has been here about 15 games. why should Davis have it took of him? Smith give it to him! What would of been the difference today? The only player played well today was Shagger.

Correct he has been here for a small amount of time, but does it not say something that after that short amount of time we've already seen him become our leader? Was Bocanegra there when Smith handed the captaincy to Davis?

This is not a dig at Davis he is a fantastic footballer when ontop form, but that doesn't mean he should be our Captain. We did not have anyone last Season to step into the shoes of Weir. Now we do.

Walter made mistakes, and plenty of them. (tu)

You wouldnt see Boca hiding the way Davis does. He is a shadow of the player he was when he arrived.

So if Boca was captain today we would of win? fuck of you argumentative cunt. I find it ironic you saying this with your username.

Your the dick that came out with Lennon will chew ally up and spit him out. I cant take you serious when you spout shit like that.

Steven davis captain? You are having a laugh. He needs to sort his own game out before he can think about others. Yet again, boca was the only player on pass marks imo, saved us a few times. He should be our captain, not someone who plays a handful of good games a season. Inconsistent is an understatement when describing davis. I don't remember the last good game he played, dunfermiline away maybe?

Captain thing raises it's head after a bad result. Give each player a go for one game. Boca does not seem that vocal.

Lets be fair to me, i said he wasnt a captain before he got it and have been consistant with that opinion, win, lose or draw, nothing will change my mind, the evidence is clear.

(tu)

So if Boca was captain today we would of win? fuck of you argumentative cunt. I find it ironic you saying this with your username.

Your the dick that came out with Lennon will chew ally up and spit him out. I cant take you serious when you spout shit like that.

Who said that? :lol: You answered that for me and you call me argumentative? :lol:

Still a long way to go and 2 visits to the Brendanbeu to come. Only a clueless fool would rubbish that claim so early in the season and after 1 game of at leats 4 against the vhermin.

;)

Lets be fair to me, i said he wasnt a captain before he got it and have been consistant with that opinion, win, lose or draw, nothing will change my mind, the evidence is clear.

(tu)

Was agreeing in a roundabout way, he is not aggressive, forceful or vocal enough to be a captain. And if he was captain material the fact that he is out of sorts playing wise just now he would still be driving on hos team-mates.

Steven davis captain? You are having a laugh. He needs to sort his own game out before he can think about others. Yet again, boca was the only player on pass marks imo, saved us a few times. He should be our captain, not someone who plays a handful of good games a season. Inconsistent is an understatement when describing davis. I don't remember the last good game he played, dunfermiline away maybe?

i like this statement, Boca was the best. Boca was as bad as the other 9 players out there today. Shagger saved our embarrassment...... FACT

It's always disappointing to drop points especially at home but the performance today was piss poor & we can't complain about getting a point from the game.

Too many players never enough effort in to the game today & the midfield was non-existant in the second half. The majority of today's team need a kick up the arse & reminded that we have to earn the points as they wont just be handed to us.

We have started the league campaign well so we cut them a little slack however looking at the 3 games we dropped points perhaps points to complacency.

what a mess our midfield would be without him cannot even think about it. My point is if davis doesnt play well [today for example] neither do rangers,because we have no-one to step up to the play in midfield.Anyway credit to st.johnstone today they played well.

Who said that? :lol: You answered that for me and you call me argumentative? :lol:

Still a long way to go and 2 visits to the Brendanbeu to come. Only a clueless fool would rubbish that claim so early in the season and after 1 game of at leats 4 against the vhermin.

;)

Reading you posts is like doing a cross word. :lol: Lennon will chew Ally up and spit him out. You will never live that down. Thats why you shouldn't be taken seriously :lol:

So why does Boca deserve the armband? And if he had the armband today would we of win?

i like this statement, Boca was the best. Boca was as bad as the other 9 players out there today. Shagger saved our embarrassment...... FACT

Really? So it wasn't boca who stopped that ball going across the box to the st. Johnstone player in the last minute. He bailed both goian and broadfoot out many times today.

what a mess our midfield would be without him cannot even think about it. My point is if davis doesnt play well [today for example] neither do rangers,because we have no-one to step up to the play in midfield.Anyway credit to st.johnstone today they played well.

That's the problem mate, davis has only played a handful of good games this season. Your captain should be showing for the ball, driving the team forward. Against st johnstone, united and st. Mirren he hasn't done that.

The midfield we have is nothing without steven naismith. He is/was by far the best player in our team.

To be fair to davis though, he's playong alongside shite like edu and bedoya (yes he's new, but I see nothing in him), he can't be expected to run the show himself, but he could at least try.

That speaks volumes for the gaffer when we have 4 or 5 in midfield and only one who can make a difference, if that is true then it is scandalous mate.

Reading you posts is like doing a cross word. :lol: Lennon will chew Ally up and spit him out. You will never live that down. Thats why you shouldn't be taken seriously :lol:

So why does Boca deserve the armband? And if he had the armband today would we of win?

Is it. It may well be true, then what will you say. doh

Why bother asking me a question when you have already stated more than once i wont be taken seriously? doh

The overreaction from our support after games like this is actually quite comical at times...we're still 10 points clear with more than a month til Xmas, when was the last time we could say that???

Yes we need to invest in a replacement for Naismith in January to bring in that needed creativity from midfield but I can see today being a kick up the arse and us not losing any more points until at least the OF game...

The overreaction from our support after games like this is actually quite comical at times...we're still 10 points clear with more than a month til Xmas, when was the last time we could say that???

Yes we need to invest in a replacement for Naismith in January to bring in that needed creativity from midfield but I can see today being a kick up the arse and us not losing any more points until at least the OF game...

7 points clear after their game in hand. We've been riding our luck for weeks.

I'd agree with that usually, but not for today.

Our home form has been garbage..That's where most of the animosity is coming from. But it's to be expected at a Club who have a winning mentality like Rangers.

Dont twist what i said.............if you think i'm going to tow the party line of nothing being wrong and we are playing well then think again.We have been poor more than we have played well this season and thats a fact.

we are not going to win every game and the sooner you get over that fact the better it will be for u.

do I want us to win every game? sure

will we? no

will i accept playing piss and still winning the league? every day of the week.

I think there was another thread titled "if we win this game it will be out best start in 44 years"

so it just goes to show that other years have been worse (and some alot worse). so in reality Ally's team is probably playing above and beyond ATM.

and I dont knopw any party line that says nothing is wrong, sure we have got short comings as a team, but we also get results that matter, as long as we finish the league at the top at the end, then what happens in between in incidental to say the least (as lond as we beat the taigs 4 times that is :D)

That's because he's not captain material and never will be, unfortunately.

I agree, for me it should be Naismith when he returns.

I've never understood the hype surrounding Davis, great on his day but very inconsistent. Regardless of footballing ability hes not got the personality of a Captain.