***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

Very very very very poor. Midfield missing. Defence all over the place. Upfront toothless. One and only positive from today is Flecks performance when he came on. Naismiths replacement imo.

Well said mate, to many people on here blaming certain players when they cant see the bigger picture.

suppose Davis was to blame for the long balls aswell? every outfield player was shocking! lets not go there.

i would expect more from a captain of the team regardless of form - no sense of urgency.

apart from mcgregor and boca the whole team was gash. did kirk broadfoot even complete a pass in the second half?

The lad may have a point, about International football.

Cast your mind back to the last time Internationals were on... we drew 1-1 with St. Mirren at Ibrox. This time around we have drawn 0-0 with St. Johnstone at Ibrox. After we drew with St. Mirren we won our next game fairly easily. Next week I wouldn't be surprised if we put 3-4 past Kilmarnock.

We have played the way we played today for weeks but nobody cared because we were winning. International break had nothing to do with it. We were pish before it, and we will continue to be pish until Mccoist alters that midfield drastically.

suppose Davis was to blame for the long balls aswell? every outfield player was shocking! lets not go there.

When Davis, our main midfielder is fucking hiding all match and finding himself lost up the park then yes I can blame him partly for the long balls.

If there is nobody there to pass to what are the defenders going to do? Lump it obviously.

Again? :blink:

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Davis hasn't stamped his authority on a game for weeks. And Edu just goes through stages of being less shit than usual. He was back to his old self today.

Our only tactic today was give the ball to Broadfoot, let him cut inside and launch a long ball in the general direction of the strikers. It was embarrassing. And to be dominated on the possession stats at home against St Johnstone is truly dreadful. They are just a hard-working team, no more than that.

I know this isn't popular but i don't agree with McCoist as manager,there have been too many shite games this season and he has defo been helped with the fact Celtic have been even worse.Hate saying it but its just how i feel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was no midfield though which lets to more pressure on the defence and no support for the forwards. No idea how many actual chances we created today but it wasn't very many. Davis is as much to blame as anyone else.

Yet again Steven Davis has been shite! That's 4 games on the trot he has been awful.

Fleck showed more in the 20 or so minutes he was on than Davis did all game.

Piss poor overall.

Most over-rated player in the squad is our Captain, certainly on RM anyway. Plays the invisible man role far too often, although it always seems to be the fault of whoever he is playing with in midfield, be it Edu, McCulloch or anyone else.