english clubs away support in CL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not selling out though, for a club in it's first season of the CL is pretty poor.

They couldn't even sell out their allocation against United in the community shield, that's also dire.

don't want to burst your bubble, but united also did not sell out their allocation, and i know as i was there, and seen the rows of empty seats, yes theyhad more fans in the stadium, but when you are paying £80 to £100 train and not just £5/£6 on a London Transport Travel card it a big difference, the crowd for City's "first" game in the champions league was 44,026 not bad for a stadium that holds 45,000 for the champions league, ps last season united did not sell out the away for the derby at Eastlands, but it was on a Wednesday night and get to and from Manchester on a midweek night is a pain in the arse for some

I wouldnt say its quite as simple as that.

HSV had a good support at Parkhead recently.. Do you think they were all Germans? lol

Different set of circumstances, it's well known that Rangers and HSV have a connection, United don't have any connections like that with other clubs.

Lets not forget most Man Utd fans arent from Manchester, lol. Glory Hunters latch onto the club and a portion of their away support will actually be locals i reckon.

While all Rangers fans are from Glasgow.

don't want to burst your bubble, but united also did not sell out their allocation, and i know as i was there, and seen the rows of empty seats, yes theyhad more fans in the stadium, but when you are paying £80 to £100 train and not just £5/£6 on a London Transport Travel card it a big difference, the crowd for City's "first" game in the champions league was 44,026 not bad for a stadium that holds 45,000 for the champions league, ps last season united did not sell out the away for the derby at Eastlands, but it was on a Wednesday night and get to and from Manchester on a midweek night is a pain in the arse for some

Either you're joking or just talking bollocks.

My mate is a Manc tout and was selling tickets in the away end for silly money.

I'd say United would have about 250,000 different people attend home matches each year, alot of those may be fan's who are not from Manchester, but they'd only be there for 2 or 3 matches usually, where as around 50,000 each week would be from the Greater Manchester area. Say 5% of those go to away games, thats about 2,500 people.

Did you guess this or is there some evidence for it?

To be fair it's technically not a friendly, it's an official FA trophy regarded as the super cup. Not to mention it was a derby match.

There was about 7700 more fans at the Man United vs Portsmouth 'friendly' than this 'Manchester friendly'....

Could be a distance matter. Pompey isn't too far away from Laandon.

We do have a brilliant away support, I suppose English clubs are used to playing bigger teams on a more regular basis than we do in the league but I still don't see why that would mean less people would want to travel away for games. Especially when its against big teams and in need of results.

Man Utd have one of the best away supports in England, and by that I mean vocal and loyal. Listen to them next time and you have to admit the songs are in a Manc accent. Old Trafford might be a mish mash of glory hunters but their away support is not.

Sounds familiar.

Either you're joking or just talking bollocks.

My mate is a Manc tout and was selling tickets in the away end for silly money.

The attendance for last seasons Manchester derby at Eastlands was 47,228 with 2,617 united fans ! so if the away end was " full " how did Liverpool 2,698, Chelsea 2,844 Arsenal 2,819, Everton 2,815, Blackpool 2,846 Wolves 2,843, and Spurs 2,817 have more fans ?

maybe you should stop listening to "bollocks" off united fans

Why would it burst my bubble? I can't stand Man United. :lol:

United had a shit group yet got crowds of 74,853(Benfica) 74,847(Galati) 73,115(Basel) and have been in CL for years and fans know they normally play a second string. That's a higher full house % than City who as I mentioned before are in their first CL season and had three fantastic matches in the group stages.

not bad crowds for 'reserve' games as you put it, City can't beat that, especially as Eastlands only holds 45,000 for champions league games. the two attendance's for our two home games was not bad at 44,026 v Napoli and 42,236 v Villareal.

I heard the crowd verse Napoli at Eastlands was the best attendance for a English team making it's debut chanpions league ? so not all bad

ps if you can stand united, you make a good job of hiding it !

I'd imagine Manchester derbies have more seats segregating the fans.

maybe, but some of the other teams mentioned are not " friends " of City ! The away end holds 2,846 for every game, if the segregation was made bigger, the seats lost would be in the City ends.

The attendance for last seasons Manchester derby at Eastlands was 47,228 with 2,617 united fans ! so if the away end was " full " how did Liverpool 2,698, Chelsea 2,844 Arsenal 2,819, Everton 2,815, Blackpool 2,846 Wolves 2,843, and Spurs 2,817 have more fans ?

maybe you should stop listening to "bollocks" off united fans

There is no way in a million years they wouldn't sell it out. I'd love to know the last time they failed to sell out a domestic away game actually.

If there were unsold tickets, why were people paying £200 plus off touts?

I know they regularly have their allocation cut as they always stand in the aisles and refuse to move, so Citeh may have cut it by a couple of hundred to allow for that.

There is no way in a million years they wouldn't sell it out. I'd love to know the last time they failed to sell out a domestic away game actually.

If there were unsold tickets, why were people paying £200 plus off touts?

I know they regularly have their allocation cut as they always stand in the aisles and refuse to move, so Citeh may have cut it by a couple of hundred to allow for that.

"citeh" letting your true colours show "rag" , maybe united sold all their tickets but, the M6 was chocker and a couple of coaches got stuck and missed the game ?

and why cut your allocation by a couple of hundred and not half ? also how did all the touts have so many tickets ? all friends of Fergie ?

In what way? By saying Man City have shit fans? :lol:

so your a expert on City fans ? 800 not a bad turn out for a match in Naples with it's reputation of visiting fans getting stabbed, how many did we take Munich ? or didn't the united message boards or papers cover that, like i said 800 not bad at all, it still costs money and time off work to get there, and we all don't eat pawn sandwiches

Lets not forget most Man Utd fans arent from Manchester, lol. Glory Hunters latch onto the club and a portion of their away support will actually be locals i reckon.

That said, i concede nothing compares to Scottish fans in terms of dedication. Our travelling fans over in Barcelona for example almost brought a tear to the eye.

Just like most of our fans arent from Glasgow pal.