english clubs away support in CL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is quite frankly shite City have less than 1000 tonight and Arsenal had about 500 the other week.Chelseas wasn't great either. Utd seem to be the only who travel in numbers anywhere approaching our euro support

Lets not forget most Man Utd fans arent from Manchester, lol. Glory Hunters latch onto the club and a portion of their away support will actually be locals i reckon.

That said, i concede nothing compares to Scottish fans in terms of dedication. Our travelling fans over in Barcelona for example almost brought a tear to the eye.

I would expect the English teams support to grow as the competition goes on, they are expected to progress from the group stages, which may be a reason to the lack of support.

I'd imagine the City ticket prices are pretty high aswell.

I'd imagine the City ticket prices are pretty high aswell.

City cut prices for their first Champions League home game and still failed to sell out. That's a scandalous indictment on the club's support, and I've heard many times about City's support being considerably more dedicated than United's.

Lets not forget most Man Utd fans arent from Manchester, lol. Glory Hunters latch onto the club and a portion of their away support will actually be locals i reckon.

That said, i concede nothing compares to Scottish fans in terms of dedication. Our travelling fans over in Barcelona for example almost brought a tear to the eye.

Can't believe people still believe this, Manchester is roughly 50/50 City and United fans.

United have a brilliant away following. (tu)

Can't believe people still believe this, Manchester is roughly 50/50 City and United fans.

United have a brilliant away following. (tu)

I never mentioned anything about Manchester, lol. I was meaning their foreign fans who dont live in the UK.

They're bloody everywhere! lol and when they come to town the locals want to go and see them. Mainly travelling English Utd fans in the crowd of course but the locals will add to the numbers. Thats my theory on why their away support always tops any other English club on their travels. I could be wrong.

I never mentioned anything about Manchester, lol. I was meaning their foreign fans who dont live in the UK.

They're bloody everywhere! lol and when they come to town the locals want to go and see them. Mainly travelling English Utd fans in the crowd of course but the locals will add to the numbers. Thats my theory on why their away support always tops any other English club on their travels. I could be wrong.

So you think that fans of Man United, in a place like lets say, Milan or Valencia just turn up on the night, get a ticket for the away end and go to the match? Aye, i'm sure the police, UEFA and the home Club would love that. <cr>

I'd say United would have about 250,000 different people attend home matches each year, alot of those may be fan's who are not from Manchester, but they'd only be there for 2 or 3 matches usually, where as around 50,000 each week would be from the Greater Manchester area. Say 5% of those go to away games, thats about 2,500 people.

Some say that about us.

So you think that fans of Man United, in a place like lets say, Milan or Valencia just turn up on the night, get a ticket for the away end and go to the match? Aye, i'm sure the police, UEFA and the home Club would love that. <cr>

I wouldnt say its quite as simple as that.

HSV had a good support at Parkhead recently.. Do you think they were all Germans? lol

Still not selling out though, for a club in it's first season of the CL is pretty poor.

They couldn't even sell out their allocation against United in the community shield, that's also dire.

city will be a nightmare for a while fan wise, i know its daft but you might find a lot of old style city fans have fucked off because the team has lost a lot of its identity, they may need EPL success before they can constantly sell out their ground