Aluko must start

loch71

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being realistic. We haven't kicked a ball since beating Celtic and we are now without one of our best and more influential players for the rest of the season. We need to find an answer to this problem and find it quick

As for "let's see how things go...". What does that mean? I'm sicking of us "seeing how things go" with new signings. You sign players becuase you think they will do a job in your team (not just warm the bench), therefore get them in and see what they can do.

I recall last year when the Mhanks signed Commons and threw him right in despite their team playing well and them having a massive sqaud. He made a real impact at the time and I couldn't help thinking that if we had signed him we would "see how things go" by using him as a sub for the last 15 minutes for a few games and then eventually play him in a home game against lesser opposition, where we would be expected to have a lot of the ball. Where does this attitude come from? I feeking hate it. Just play him and see what they can bring

Commons had been playing for Derby, Aluko has been sat in the house playing with himself!

Unless he did pre-season and has been training fully with someone, his fitness will be miles away from starting.

There is a world of difference between playing a bounce game and starting an SPL match.

Exactly, the comparison is stupid. Celtic were also on a 12 game unbeaten run before Commons signed which included the new year win against us.

The comments from some on here about Aluko and how he can change our fortunes is unbelievable, you would think he was as talented as Laudrup or something. Yes we have dropped some stupid points lately but we are still unbeaten in the league.

Some people want Aluko to start over Wylde, one of the key players in our winning run this and last season. :anguish:

I agree the Commons comparison is a maybe a bit OTT but it's not a straight comparison mate. I'm just using it as an example of how a new face can have an impact. Celtic might have been on unbeaten run but remember they did draw 4 of those games. Anyway I I still think he wouldn't have walked into our team.

With regards to Aluko I think the reaction has more to do with the way we are playing at the moment. We might still be unbeaten but we have been relatively poor and shapeless over the last 5/6 games and I think that is a concern. We need to sort out our form big time and maybe a new face might help.

Fair enough bud.

Agree about the team's balance and performances, this has been a case often this season. To be quite honest it's also occurred the last couple of years in certain stages throughout each season. We've had an issue to perform in the first 45 minutes for two years now.

Agree with regards the last few seasons but don't you feel that the players look better and happier when we get the ball down and attack with pace? We know we can do as we did it at the end of last year. Not sure what's going on at the mo

Really doubt he's going to start a game any time soon, he's been without a club for 4 months ffs. He'll probably make the bench and if lucky he'll get the last 5 mins. I agree with putting 3 men in centre mid coz our midfield has been terrible recently.