Would You Want Kris Boyd Back?

MrT

Would You Take Boyd Back?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. With Boyd Leaving Turkey, would you like to see him back at Ibrox?

hopefully he stays on the treadmill for the next 3 years before we consider him

was a lazy bastard who struggled to make basic runs with the ball at his feet and spend about 50% of each game on his arse moaning to the ref.

so it's a no, glad to see this cunt struggling now, why would we want a player back who was shite in England and Turkey? if we do Europe next year will be dream we struggle to come close to.

i never get the when fans say things like the bit in bold

fair play , you dont want him back at rangers but why the personal hate towards him.

he signed for £400k and more than paid us back with his goals then he left for a new challange (yes i know it was more money as well) and it didnt work out how he planned . but to actually want to see a guy who done more than just play his part in 2 league titles and helped us to 4 cups ( 2 of which we wouldnt have won had it not been for him) struggle/fail sickens me

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many Boyd would score if he had to depend on himself to fashion a few chances per game.?

If a player like Boyd has to create and score the goals the said team has no chance. The current team would provide Kris Boyd the chances he needs just like before.

Put it this way then.

Name a great (or even good) striker who did fuck all else except wait for chances to drop at his arse?

No modern team can afford a player who contributes nothing else. Certainly not the present Rangers team.

Christ, even the best poachers who ever lived, like Muller, Greaves, etc. used to pull defenders all over the shop, in between grabbing their goals. Boyd couldn't pull my foreskin back.

Put it this way then.

Name a great (or even good) striker who did fuck all else except wait for chances to drop at his arse?

No modern team can afford a player who contributes nothing else. Certainly not the present Rangers team.

Christ, even the best poachers who ever lived, like Muller, Greaves, etc. used to pull defenders all over the shop, in between grabbing their goals. Boyd couldn't pull my foreskin back.

So every goal Kris Boyd the spls top ever goal scorer scored droped at his arse? :lol:

Not a fan of Boyd mate lets agree to not agree ;)

i never get the when fans say things like the bit in bold

fair play , you dont want him back at rangers but why the personal hate towards him.

he signed for £400k and more than paid us back with his goals then he left for a new challange (yes i know it was more money as well) and it didnt work out how he planned . but to actually want to see a guy who done more than just play his part in 2 league titles and helped us to 4 cups ( 2 of which we wouldnt have won had it not been for him) struggle/fail sickens me

1. Because he was never a great player, anyone else could have scored the goals he was putting in, he was hardly willing to come back any distance when we were defending cause he knew if he took the ball at the half-way line he wouldn't come close to scoring.

2. The way he left the club sickens me, Waits until he can leave on a free and get a larger salary than to get the club to put him on the map any kind of fee.

I respect your views but I don't think he deserves any more success, and was lucky to get the amount that he did.

1. Because he was never a great player, anyone else could have scored the goals he was putting in, he was hardly willing to come back any distance when we were defending cause he knew if he took the ball at the half-way line he wouldn't come close to scoring.

if thats the case then where are these players, lafferty has all the attributes you mention about coming deep and working hard, yet he is fucking howling at times in front of goal, infact in the penalty area lafferty is one of the worst strikers ive ever seen

2. The way he left the club sickens me, Waits until he can leave on a free and get a larger salary than to get the club to put him on the map any kind of fee.

I respect your views but I don't think he deserves any more success, and was lucky to get the amount that he did.

considering we tried to offload him at every given opportunity then is it any surprise that he wasnt as loyal to the club as we hoped

Really, no thanks. Yes he scored a lot of goals for us over four years, but he is a lazy bastard and its obvious his attitude has not changed. He failed in the english championship and it appears, if the reports are correct, he has failed in the Turkish league.

He is now older and obviously no better for probably a lot more money. Would rather have KM back.

I think if his desire and ability comes through the gates before his attitude and stubbornness then it could be the best return since miller. Would immediately make Jela up his game too. If the Championship flop is seen to be better than Jela then he knows that his premiership ambition is gone.

Could be a very good thing for the club. Just depends which Boyd is coming back from turkey

Boyd has freely admitted in the past that he made a mistake in leaving in the first place, in all honesty he must know that his reputation is in tatters and that in order to prove that he is not finished as a footballer he might be forced to accept a deal that is not necessarily in his best long-term interests otherwise he will find himself plying his trade in League 1 or the like within a year or two

Really? dont remember that.

The point I'm trying to make is hes not being forced to accept a deal thats not in his long term interests....he already had a long term deal worth 50k a week and allegedly ripped it up, that would suggest to me he already has another long term deal in the offering. I dont believe for a second that his agent would allow him to rip up a long term deal without a back up, I'm sure hes already got offers on the table.

People keep saying give him a 6 month contract, in my opinion it will take no less than a three and a half year deal to sign him costing a club about 3.5 million in wages.... and for that reason I'm out!

If we had offered that contract 12 months sooner and not tried to punt him in the previous transfer windows then I would agree.

This. We tried to punt him then waited till the last minute to offer him a realistic contract then acted all offended when he left. The guy scored goals for fun when he was confident and happy. When he is not confident and unhappy he doesn't score goals. We struggle badly to score goals against teams we should be putting 3 or 4 past.

He is exactly what we need and if the worst happens and Jelavic is sold in January we will atleast have somebody that we know can score in the SPL. Better strikers than Boyd have gone through barren patches.

Just got a gut feeling he'd be pish if he came back. Probably lost a yard or two of pace and hasn't done anything to suggest he can play football at a decent level since he left.

He scored a lot of goals for us for sure but the way the team was set up, it was either he scored or no-one did. We need more players with technical ability otherwise we're never going to get back into Europe.

He'd probably not be the worst signing in the world, but I'd really like to think we're aiming a bit higher than Kris Boyd.

Are you really that naive to think someone with no contract would sign up for six months somewhere... what security does that give him if he picks up a long term injury?

I find your post more naive than the one you criticise. Boyd has failed since leaving, has no job, no income and seems to be the homesick type.

I'm not convinced he'll be anywhere near fit enough to even tap in a few sitters, given his huffy, moody and lazy attitude.

Offering a longer term contract to such a potential liability is an insanely naive idea. He has a lot to prove before justifying a contract of any duration.

Pay-per-play is the only basis on which I'd take him. I reckon his arrogance would make him reject that, but I'd consider that no loss.

Miller, however, I'd take in a hear beat. He always made the front line work, even on his own. Boyd was only of use if he was fit and we were creating many chances, but we're not.

Why oh why are we always looking to the past with regards players coming back? Jim Baxter, Willie Johnstone, Derek Johnstone, Richards Gough, Mark Hatlely, Barry Ferguson.... There was talk of Kenny Miller coming back for a 3rd time and now Boyd. Instead of looking back and wasting money on a poor and lazy player why not show more imagination in the transfer market and have more faith in the young players?

Given how shite he is, according to folk on here, I'm surprised we actually managed to win anything with him in the team. Or that he ever managed to score any goals for us.

Football's about results and Boyd was far less of a match winner than Miller was

Football's about results and Boyd was far less of a match winner than Miller was

Boyd scored a good few matchwinners himself.

My point was really that folk are belittling his achievements and what he did for us because they are unhappy at how they left.

He has certainly regressed since he left, but I don't intend rewritting history to pretend that he was shit for us or that he was some sort of hinderence.

I don't think he is the answer to our problems now, but he was a good player for us previously, and made a massive contribution to our success which he was here, to suggest otherwise is complete bollocks.

Boyd scored a good few matchwinners himself.

My point was really that folk are belittling his achievements and what he did for us because they are unhappy at how they left.

He has certainly regressed since he left, but I don't intend rewritting history to pretend that he was shit for us or that he was some sort of hinderence.

I don't think he is the answer to our problems now, but he was a good player for us previously, and made a massive contribution to our success which he was here, to suggest otherwise is complete bollocks.

Boyd is the last player we need in our current set-up. We are creating very little at the moment and that renders Boyd useless as he cannot link play and has very basic skills. I's rather a guy like Sandaza than Boyd. He can hold up the ball, he is strong and direct as well as being very skillful on the deck

I have no hate (and little time) for Boyd, but lets nail the myth he ‘paid us back with his goals' right now - Rangers players are paid (fabulously so) for doing their job.

With that thinking, would you say that no player ever pays us back, as they are simply doing their job?