Would You Want Kris Boyd Back?

MrT

Would You Take Boyd Back?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. With Boyd Leaving Turkey, would you like to see him back at Ibrox?

Boyd is the last player we need in our current set-up. We are creating very little at the moment and that renders Boyd useless as he cannot link play and has very basic skills. I's rather a guy like Sandaza than Boyd. He can hold up the ball, he is strong and direct as well as being very skillful on the deck

I agree, although it has pretty much nothing to do with the post I made. :D

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that thinking, would you say that no player ever pays us back, as they are simply doing their job?

Every single last one of them.

I remember the day I realised it - John Greig’s testimonial. We, the support, were encouraged to come out in numbers (we duly did) to ensure Greig was financially secure after all he had done for us. Before the match even started, each player was handed an expensive watch from Greig to 'thank them’ for appearing. The support’s ’thanks’ must have been in gratitude for paying for these watches.

Pfft. I’ve never been near a ‘testimonial’ since. And I have no qualms in accepting professional footballers for what they are - hired hands doing a job.

Boyd scored a good few matchwinners himself.

My point was really that folk are belittling his achievements and what he did for us because they are unhappy at how they left.

He has certainly regressed since he left, but I don't intend rewritting history to pretend that he was shit for us or that he was some sort of hinderence.

I don't think he is the answer to our problems now, but he was a good player for us previously, and made a massive contribution to our success which he was here, to suggest otherwise is complete bollocks.

I didn't reallly rate him before he left. I always got frustrated at his inability to change play. Do we, or could we even, given him the sort of service he requires?

For me Cousin, Miller and Novo were better contributors.

true but it hasnt stopped miller becoming a hero with the club for the same thing

What Miller did or didn't do matters little with what Boyd did, Miller wasn't a Rangers fan playing for his boyhood idols. To try and drag Millers situation into this one just seems like a pretty poor way to try and justify what Boyd did.

And never the less, Kenny Miller is anything but a hero to to the Rangers support.

Really? dont remember that.

The point I'm trying to make is hes not being forced to accept a deal thats not in his long term interests....he already had a long term deal worth 50k a week and allegedly ripped it up, that would suggest to me he already has another long term deal in the offering. I dont believe for a second that his agent would allow him to rip up a long term deal without a back up, I'm sure hes already got offers on the table.

People keep saying give him a 6 month contract, in my opinion it will take no less than a three and a half year deal to sign him costing a club about 3.5 million in wages.... and for that reason I'm out!

First of all

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2011/03/15/kris-boyd-admits-joining-boro-was-a-mistake-84229-28337923/

And secondly, the whole reason he has ripped up his contract is the fact that he is not getting paid or that payment is being delayed. He knows that there are no clubs in Britain who would be willing to pay him anything like what he is on in Turkey. Yes his agent will know that he will not necessarily struggle in finding a new club. What I am saying is that if he were only available on a long-term deal on big wages then I wouldn't go near him either, but if a good deal could be done then I wouldn't be averse to doing a deal

Was speaking to a sheep supporter at work today and he said he was at their agm last night. After words he asked Broonie if he would sign Boyd since he's now a free agent and his reply was never. When asked why broonie said he'd had a word with one of Boyds managers in England about him and he said he was lazy, always late for training and a bad influence in the dressing room and it was his biggest mistake ever in football by signing him.

i'd still have him back though

Perhaps he should sign for Liverpool. When you play with Rangers you can eat what you like, have a few tyres round your waist, but with Liverpool you can put away the monster munch, burst those tyres, and then get fitter and faster and everyone can say how unfair the coaching staff and fans were to you and how blind they were to your world class performances.

Was speaking to a sheep supporter at work today and he said he was at their agm last night. After words he asked Broonie if he would sign Boyd since he's now a free agent and his reply was never. When asked why broonie said he'd had a word with one of Boyds managers in England about him and he said he was lazy, always late for training and a bad influence in the dressing room and it was his biggest mistake ever in football by signing him.

i'd still have him back though

I doubt this tbh mate, No manager outside the Old firm, would knock KB back if offered him, the real answer was prob that we canny afford him.

Aye, because that was all that the greatest strikers ever did.

We'll need to remind the likes of Muller, Puskas and Di Stefano, along with Rangers greats like Stein, Johnstone, Hateley and McCoist, that all they really needed to do was stand about waiting for the other players in the team to stick chances on a plate for them.

this is exactly what super ally done :P

1. Because he was never a great player, anyone else could have scored the goals he was putting in, he was hardly willing to come back any distance when we were defending cause he knew if he took the ball at the half-way line he wouldn't come close to scoring.

2. The way he left the club sickens me, Waits until he can leave on a free and get a larger salary than to get the club to put him on the map any kind of fee.

I respect your views but I don't think he deserves any more success, and was lucky to get the amount that he did.

in regards to number 1. totally disagree with you, there is no way any striker could have scored allthe goals boyd scored....if it was possible then every team would have a player that scored 20 to 30 goals per season.

number 2 is bullshit too, people have short memories when it comes to boyd, remember he played out his whole contract and we did not do enough to keep him at the club due to the finincial restraints we were under at the time, i genuinley believe that if we had been taken over before he left then we could have offered him enough money to stay with us.

Boyd is the top goalscorer in SPL history, seriously guys i think some of you forget this, we are struggling to put goals past the shit teams right now...that was boyds bread and butter.

to be fair, Ally was played against celtic, lot easier to score when you get a game :)

He got chances on many occasions and fluffed his lines. I think his attitude to his fitness leaves a lot to be desired. He is 28, not 68, why should he not make himself faster and fitter? I can understand why you would want him, but our midfield already has the pace of a snail without Boyd adding to that