Alan Hansen "coloured players"

Talking shite? The BBC have issued an apology over it FFS. That would suggest that it is deemed offensive! Why are you trying to argue otherwise?

On a personal level I'm not that bothered by it but fact is describing a black person as coloured is taboo and you can moan all you want but that's just the way of it!

Yes, talking shite.

An apology is issued to get moaning bastards like you to shut the fuck up.

People like you, who 'deem it offensive' then think it's some great point (so good it's worthy of an exclamation mark) that it's been 'deemed offensive'.

Then ask why would somebody 'try to argue' with a great intellect like yourself.

Just fuck off.

You offend me.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear filled apologists!! You obviously have some kind of agenda here regarding the matter. I'm not part of the pc brigade but am aware of what's deemed correct now a days and was attempting to explain the thinking behind it!

I've never heard of that organisation before and would be surprised if they still go by that name. I am struggling to understand why you deny there's an issue with using the term coloured when Alan Hansen has just been caught up in a shitstorm for using it!

There you go again 'deemed correct' and 'attempting to explain'. You're 'surprised'. You're 'struggling to understand'.

Work on educating yourself before others...

How has this ended in a fourteen pager?

Calling someone 'coloured' is racist. Simple as that, no argument to be had for any normal person.

Jeezo doh

Abnormal person here.

Care to tell me why calling somebody coloured is 'racist'.

Not a lot to ask if it's so obvious.

Abnormal person here.

Care to tell me why calling somebody coloured is 'racist'.

Not a lot to ask if it's so obvious.

That's already been answered in the thread. As papaguy says, there is no argument over the use of the word - you are just way out of touch and out your depth here. Accept that the world of our grandparents has moved on, we won't hold your ignorance against you. (tu)

Alright then.

I don't think Hansen is a racist.

If he was saying this because he wanted to insult black people, then he'd be racist. He's saying it because that's just what people used to say.

He needs to apologise first, then get with the times.

I don't think Hansen is a racist.

If he was saying this because he wanted to insult black people, then he'd be racist. He's saying it because that's just what people used to say.

He needs to apologise first, then get with the times.

Of course he's not a racist. Well of course he isn't for using the word coloured, all he's done is offend some morons.

But then he might well be racist for other reasons, I don't know the man. But ask around. There's some real whizzes on this thread who will unearth racism where nobody else would find it. Go them!

And yes, he needs to apologise because some idiots are offended. Such is the way of the world in which we live. Our ancestors are turning in their graves.