Jelavic Gone?

RFC55

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jela wasn't missed one little bit today and has been a passenger for months so I think it's good news he's leaving - his heart already left Ibrox a while back. :( As long as we get the right price and have a decent replacement lined up that can add goals and fight to the side then he will be no great loss.

Having said that - the best of luck to him wherever he goes. (tu)

To be honest I'm not too upset, although it all depends on how much the fee is.

He's been poor this season, and if it means we can add 2-3 players to the squad then it will be worth it.

One man doesn't make a team.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I would say that one man can break a team.

I doubt we'd accept anything less than £6m, in all honesty, anything around the £7-8m mark would be a pretty decent turnaround. Sad to see him go but there ya are

I think that's being a bit hopeful in all honesty, I think we'll probably end up breaking even unless a decent prem side is willing to pay.

I think that's being a bit hopeful in all honesty, I think we'll probably end up breaking even unless a decent prem side is willing to pay.

I guess we'll see. I'd be scunnered if we sell him for anything less than we bought him for. £6m at the very least, even if that comes in installments

My guess is that Rangers was nothing more than a stepping stone for Jelavic on to bigger things.The fact we were regularly competing in the Champions League was seen by him as an opporunity to sell himself to a wider audience.When we went out of Europe so early his plans went awry and his performances since then for us were reflected in his general poor play.If you think about it there was never any demonstrable affinity between the Player and the fans.He always played it low key in the Media saying just enough to keep us happy.

My guess is that Rangers was nothing more than a stepping stone for Jelavic on to bigger things.The fact we were regularly competing in the Champions League was seen by him as an opporunity to sell himself to a wider audience.When we went out of Europe so early his plans went awry and his performances since then for us were reflected in his general poor play.If you think about it there was never any demonstrable affinity between the Player and the fans.He always played it low key in the Media saying just enough to keep us happy.

Hard to be critical of all that though. I'd probably be sadder to see a top player spend his best years playing in a footballing backwater. I'll wish him good luck when he goes

im hoping now we can get 5-6 for him and dorrans on loan if west brom is the club seems likely with hodgson watching him wednesday and ally saying he liked dorrans as a player if its liverpool ill settle for suarez on loan dont think english bans apply up here do they? :craphead:

Agent_ITK Agent_ITK

Jelavic refused to play today. He wants out of the club. Subject of 3 firm bids, 2 from England, 1 from abroad. #rangers #RFC #spl #football

47 seconds ago

Take of that, what you will from the twitter.

Had he fell in love with this club the way Dado and Nacho did, he'd have done us 40+ goals a season.

he didnt come to the club with the same outlook mate, dado seen us as a last hurrah as a massive club, and novo seen us as the only big club he'll likely ever play for

jelavic knew that one good season with us and he could be down south

Agent_ITK Agent_ITK

Jelavic refused to play today. He wants out of the club. Subject of 3 firm bids, 2 from England, 1 from abroad. #rangers #RFC #spl #football

47 seconds ago

Take of that, what you will from the twitter.

I'm reasonably sure that guy has previous of talking utter pish, so hopefully he is continuing on form. That said, would it really be that surprising given that Jelavic did the same thing to force through his move to us?