***The Official Arbroath v Rangers Thread***

Thommo

(4-2-3-1)

Alexander

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Papac

Edu McKay

Aluko Fleck Wallace

Healy

McMillan deserves his shot at right back, no Broadfoot please. Wallace to continue in wide left role for his ability to get up and down the park. Chance for Matt McKay to shine although wet and windy Arbroath is probably as far from sunny Brisbane as he could get. Hutton to get a run out later on with subs places also for Bartley, Bedoya, Wylde and McGregor. Struggling with strikers though aren't we? Could've been a shout for Kal Naismith although he's now away on loan again.

If Jelavic is fit, then stick him in for Lafferty, and put Fleck in Davis position, with the rest of it as it was last week and lets try and get a run going and build up some momentum.

:Alexander:

:McMillan: :Goian::Bocanegra: :Papac:

:Aluko: :Edu: :McKay::Wallace:

:Fleck:

:Healy:

I know it's only the Cup but we need consistancy of selection and a repeat of the passing system that was adopted V Motherwell.

If McKay does not start in this game I will be raging

Jelavic should be wrapped in cotton wool for this game, we can't afford for him to get injured.

If the Club are intent on selling him, and he is willing to go - then I'm surprised that Ally was telling the press conference that he is fit again and back in contention for the Arbroath game.

Could have strung everyone along with the "still injured" line rather than feed the trolls in the media if he doesn't feature during the game.

Just to add - if he is staying - then still don't play him, he should not be required for this game.

If the Club are intent on selling him, and he is willing to go - then I'm surprised that Ally was telling the press conference that he is fit again and back in contention for the Arbroath game.

Could have strung everyone along with the "still injured" line rather than feed the trolls in the media if he doesn't feature during the game.

Just to add - if he is staying - then still don't play him, he should not be required for this game.

Wouldn't be the first time our club have declared a player fit, then sold them.

Either way, we shouldn't be risking him against Arbroath.

Nothing wrong with that imho mate. Until he's sold, he is fit and in contention. Being a manager is 99.9% politics (with the media anyway). We should not need Nikica vs Arbroath anyway (with the greatest of respect to Arbroath). 00000042.gif

Nothing wrong with that imho mate. Until he's sold, he is fit and in contention. Being a manager is 99.9% politics (with the media anyway). We should not need Nikica vs Arbroath anyway (with the greatest of respect to Arbroath). 00000042.gif

You're right - and I shouldn't really be giving a toss what the papers write anyway. (tu)

Back to the game - this should be a chance for some of these "fringe" guys to show up or ship out.

This includes Ortiz, McKay, Bedoya, Weir and dare I say Fleck and Healy.