Rangers reject bid from Sochaux for Edu

Brian Laudrup

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this bid batted out the park. Edu is having his best season for us so far and is starting to show the promise that Mo Jo said he would when we signed him. I wouldn't want to see us let him go as I think he is a big player for us

Anyone else find it funny how folk on here are offended by this offer, yet don't think he's good enough for our starting 11.

Pedro isn't good enough for Barcas starting 11 but that doesn't mean he is worth £3m.

I think he is good enough anyway, only other person I'd start in front of him just now is Ness and he's injured.

Pedro isn't good enough for Barcas starting 11 but that doesn't mean he is worth £3m.

I think he is good enough anyway, only other person I'd start in front of him just now is Ness and he's injured.

Comparing Barca's squad to ours. Mon tae fuck mate. If Edu is worth 3 million, then he deserves to be in our team week in week out.

Comparing Barca's squad to ours. Mon tae fuck mate. If Edu is worth 3 million, then he deserves to be in our team week in week out.

I'm not comparing the barca squad to ours ffs.

I'm saying your point is completely irrelevant to Edus worth. A players value doesn't go down 80% because some fans don't think he's good enough to start every week.

And for the second part of the post, Edu has been starting week in week out.

25 year old former MLS Rookie of the Year, who has won the last three league titles and two league cups at his club, while becoming a regular for USA, who he has represented 30 times.

Yeah, 500k sounds about right. If you've got two buttons and a piece of string then Jelavic is your's too. :rolleyes:

I'm saying your point is completely irrelevant to Edus worth. A players value doesn't go down 80% because some fans don't think he's good enough to start every week.

No he's not, he was dropped for StMirren and Celtic.

So Edu, the 3 million pound player, is good enough for Rangers? I agree, so I don't expect to see moaning in the match threads when he starts ahead of Hutton, Ness etc.

No he's not, he was dropped for StMirren and Celtic.

So Edu, the 3 million pound player, is good enough for Rangers? I agree, so I don't expect to see moaning in the match threads when he starts ahead of Hutton, Ness etc.

This post sums up a lot for me. Week in week out everyone says he is pish. The we get offered half a million and people are laughing saying they want £2-3 million. So £3 mil for a shite player? <cr>

Clearly not football fans. Edu has been our best midfielder this season, he cemented his place in our team and is now an established international. If he played for Seltic, how much do you think the mhedia would be touting him for and how much do you think the club would value him at? I am guessing at least 10 times that offer.

Edu has improved while at Rangers and there is no way we should be taking a loss on the £2.8m we paid for him. Especially with his best years ahead of him.

Clearly not football fans. Edu has been our best midfielder this season, he cemented his place in our team and is now an established international. If he played for Seltic, how much do you think the mhedia would be touting him for and how much do you think the club would value him at? I am guessing at least 10 times that offer.

Edu has improved while at Rangers and there is no way we should be taking a loss on the £2.8m we paid for him. Especially with his best years ahead of him.

I think he will double in value in years to come he has the technical ability to be a very good player. My point is the guy takes a ton of abuse then the same people want 3 mil lol.

He's always been an easy target for the boo boys due to his style of play, at times his legs seem to make decisions before his brain has :lol:

But by no means is he only worth 500k, this is something even people who don't like him should be able to see. The fact that his country continues to cap him should at least show this.