Press conference

rfc1990

McCoist says that he has sat with Craig Whyte and both agree that the squad needs additions, particularly up front.
Nikica Jelavic trained this morning and is fit for Sunday. The gaffer hopes that he will stay at the club.
Asked about Kris Boyd, the gaffer says that he had a fantastic period at Rangers. He can't rule anyone in or rule anyone out.
The gaffer says that Chris Birchall is a player we are aware of, but it is not something we are persuing at this time.
"I've played there before and it's certainly a place you remember." adding that Arbroath is always a very welcoming and friendly place.
McCoist says he imagines that Healy is really looking forward to the next match, adding that he was very impressed with his 'Well display.

McCoist confirms that he hasn't decided on a captain for Sunday.
McCoist confirms that one or two clubs are interested in John Fleck, but with the situation as it is, he won't be going anywhere.
McCoist confirms a rejected bid for @MauriceEdu from Sochaux, adding he'd much rather Mo signed a new deal with Rangers.
The gaffer says that he is disappointed to have lost Bendiksen to Norway, but wished him all the best for the future.
Scott Sutter is a player we have looked at and has impressed us, but there has been no moves made and he doesn't expect there to be soon.
Asked about Papac, McCoist says he hopes that he can talk him into staying at the club.

I can't imagine Jelavic will stay!

There sould be no other choice than Bocanegra for captain! Definitely not McGregor!

Why? Shagger has saved us many times this season, longest serving player knows what's expected of The Rangers. He is miles ahead of anyone else IMO.

As for Jelavic going, I agree It's out of Ally's hands

Why? Shagger has saved us many times this season, longest serving player knows what's expected of The Rangers. He is miles ahead of anyone else IMO.

As for Jelavic going, I agree It's out of Ally's hands

I don't think McGregor has the leadership qualities needed to be captain, the same goes for Davis. You need a captain that can talk players through games and lift the team when heads are down. Yes McGregor is a good player, is longest serving and knows what playing for Rangers is all about but I don't think his charachter suits being captain!

Even though Ally and Whyte have agreed additions are required, it does not say if any will actually be made! We desperately need a CF, 2 if Jelavic is punted. We also need a clear out of players who are no longer being considered or past it. We have squad members sapping the life out of an already tight wage bill. Its not rocket science really but i wont hold my breath for it to actually happen.

On a more positive note, the team that performed so well at Motherwell should be the starting 11 for the next league match, barring injury/suspension.