Jordan McMillans contract situation

he isnt going to get his chance, for whatever reason....Broadfoot will be first choice RB :(

To be fair though... cant really blame McCoist. Walter didnt rate McMillan either. Think somewhere like St Mirren or St Johnstone would be his level.

he'd do a great job with us if hes given the chance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Walter's opinion should matter on youth players to be honest. Never understood why Smith seemed to think the best time to play youth players was in either a European cup match, an old firm match, or basically a match where something is on the line. Falkirk at home, 4-0 up - nope, leave the youngsters on the bench. Manchester United at home - perfect. seems like he wanted to destroy our youths confidence, since he never played them after they had played well.

Personally i'd like to see him given the amount of chances Whittiker has had this season.

Sounds a bit like Ally......Kyle Hutton MOM vs Chelsea and sent onloan.

Its as if McCoist forgets what its like to give everything to play , make an impact when you do get a chance, and have to sit on the bench every week.

If he was your son, would you tell him to sign it?

Seeing players as limited as Broadfoot and as error-prone as Whittaker being picked no-questions-asked before you must really frustrate.

Indeed, don't see why he hasn't got out of there already. If he wants to be a proper footballer, he should leave. Concerned he's just content being a Ranger. Would be rather pitiful if that's all he had

No wonder people think we should have a Rangers 'B' starting off in lower leagues.... decision to scrap reserves football was crazy. Players such as McMillan would be able to show what they could do every week....ok in a 3rd division, but still....

No wonder people think we should have a Rangers 'B' starting off in lower leagues.... decision to scrap reserves football was crazy. Players such as McMillan would be able to show what they could do every week....ok in a 3rd division, but still....

Absolutely, that would be ideal.

Does the argument of "Not picked by three managers" not become redundant when speaking of youth players when you take into consideration the 3 men in question at the helm?

PLG - When you consider how long ago he was here, Fleck was a young pup and never considered, McMillan never made an appearance under him but was only 16/17 at the time so realistically it's only two managers?

Walter - For all I am thankful to the great man for 9iar and his 2nd coming he has never been reknowed for promoting youth extensively, as has been said previously he was prone to flinging a kid into a high pressure game but when we were cruising he'd throw on an experienced player for reasons unknown!

Ally - Would love for him to be a success but what can be expected of players of a certain generation who have learned from guys a generation or two older than them? Obviously their teachers learned from era's long gone but that has a knock-on effect on next generations and so on. All Ally knows from a success point of view is the Walter way and if he didn't want to put belief in youth why would Ally?

Sounds a bit like Ally......Kyle Hutton MOM vs Chelsea and sent onloan.

Its as if McCoist forgets what its like to give everything to play , make an impact when you do get a chance, and have to sit on the bench every week.

That is a concern I have with McCoist. I really want him to succeed, but he has to start giving these players a chance - particularly when they show some promise. and lets be honest, they dont all have to be Messi-like, they just have to be as good, or better, than who we currently have. and it solves our wage issue.

Won't blame him if he wants to move on to get games. Although I would prefer him to stay and challenge for the RB slot.

I like Jordan McMillan and have always said he would do a good job for us but in recent weeks there has been a huge overreaction to him. If he does get a chance it seems some people expect him to be Cafu.

That is a concern I have with McCoist. I really want him to succeed, but he has to start giving these players a chance - particularly when they show some promise. and lets be honest, they dont all have to be Messi-like, they just have to be as good, or better, than who we currently have. and it solves our wage issue.

I think most people would agree that Ness and hutton offer more than McCulloch and Edu, Mckay.....just baffles me, Australian player of the year....MUST mean something. Imagine the laughter if Ferguson or Thomson for example didnt get a game in...say, Holland after joining their champions being scottish player of the year...different scenario I know, but...its soooo weird! and to say things like McKay etc dont show enough in bounce games to warrant a starting place <cr>

God knows whats wrong with Ness...but should be starting when fit. Hutton should be atleast making sub appearences....I remember the Newcastle game when our subs were all kids, and Wylde , Hutton and Ness all came on and changed the game. ...Very bizarre,considering McDowall was a YOUTH coach fs <cr>

Won't blame him if he wants to move on to get games. Although I would prefer him to stay and challenge for the RB slot.

I like Jordan McMillan and have always said he would do a good job for us but in recent weeks there has been a huge overreaction to him. If he does get a chance it seems some people expect him to be Cafu.

Yea thats what I think - he's the only fit right back at the club. If he cannot show enough in training to convince Ally to play him, maybe it's McMillan that's the problem. Hope he gets a shot, im sure he'd do fine for us

He said: "The discussions are ongoing, that as far as we are right now, we are at the table talking but I just want to get on with my football.

"My agent is dealing with everything so I'll let him get on with it.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120106/opportunity-knocks_2254024_2568836

We couldnt afford to run another team.

Good post, would also add that Walter paid £2 million for Whittaker, so he was also going to get picked before McMillian. Whilst Jordan was often sent out on loan to gain experience.

Ally is the only one that has actually been in a real position to play Jordan in the first team and for some unknown reason Ally would rather play the likes of Broafoot, Whittaker and Bartley. Suppose Whittaker getting a new bumper deal is a major factor in him playing even when playing horrible.

I'm probably in the minority on here but I think Whittaker is a very good footballer, although admittedly ropey in a defensive aspect! I can see why he could be deployed there before McMillan in normal circumstances but when you take into account SW's poor form I can't understand why he wasn't taken out of the firing line and JM given a run to prove he could handle it in the short term.

I think there could be something in the fact that when Kyle Bartley is available he plays, he has played in a variety of positions without being given a sustained run in any so therefore if a position such as RB is up for grabs he gets the chance to prove himself - I don't have an objection to this per se as he proved last week he could play RB and provide a bit of defensive freedom to Aluko which helped us in an offensive position.

The issue is with Broadfoot getting a chance before McMillan, this one I cannot grasp other than from the position that Ally has learned from Walter to play experience over youth if in doubt. I'm not alone in seeing that the youth players bring a quality that so many of our experienced players lack - ie movement, touch, technique, flexibility - something that the youth teams coaches should be getting applauded for and the first team coaches being slated for in that they don't appear to want to harness those qualities for the first team.

I think most people would agree that Ness and hutton offer more than McCulloch and Edu, Mckay.....just baffles me, Australian player of the year....MUST mean something. Imagine the laughter if Ferguson or Thomson for example didnt get a game in...say, Holland after joining their champions being scottish player of the year...different scenario I know, but...its soooo weird! and to say things like McKay etc dont show enough in bounce games to warrant a starting place <cr>

God knows whats wrong with Ness...but should be starting when fit. Hutton should be atleast making sub appearences....I remember the Newcastle game when our subs were all kids, and Wylde , Hutton and Ness all came on and changed the game. ...Very bizarre,considering McDowall was a YOUTH coach fs <cr>

i totally agree with the Ness, Hutton midfield idea - i think that really has to be our future. Throw in Fleck, MacMillan and maybe Hemmings in the team, and you have some players that could be with us for 10 years. I keep thinking about what Man Ure did in the 90`s. that`s something i think we should try and emulate.

i totally agree with the Ness, Hutton midfield idea - i think that really has to be our future. Throw in Fleck, MacMillan and maybe Hemmings in the team, and you have some players that could be with us for 10 years. I keep thinking about what Man Ure did in the 90`s. that`s something i think we should try and emulate.

I don't think Hutton will even be here in 2 years. Ness would be if he could stay fit, not confident that'll happen mind. Think all our young players can do us a job but not convinced they are gonna become anything other than decent SPL players, other than Ness