Jordan McMillans contract situation

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, so if so I apologise and Admin can merge.

Just read today that McMillan has rejected an offer of a new contract as he wants to play first-team football. In my opinion he is right to do so, but with a lot of people naming him in their preferred line-up for tomorrow would you expect to see him in the side with this refusal to sign a deal? I won't be surprised at all to see him follow Bendiksens example and go off to pastures new in search of a game, possibly even during this transfer window.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ally wants him to stay, he'll play him more often. I can see the lads mindset; why sign a contract if he's never given a chance? He was offered a new contract, so must be part of mccoists plans. Ally needs to give him atleast a chance.

I think he'l be away sooner than later.

23 years old - not a kid no more

Hasn't been able to break into the 1st team for 3 different Rangers managers

Loan spell at Wrexham - there he also failed to hold down a starting place.

He obviously isn't good enough as he is now 4th choice RB behind Bartley, Whittaker and Clubfoot....

If he wants 1st team football then it seems to be with another team....

If he's got a set of balls on him he'll leave. Been here for years without breaking through, should have left sooner if he truly wanted first team football. Think he's decent but not overly fussed - has been made into a better player by people's dislike for Whittaker and Broadfoot, not that I can blame people for that dislike

I think hes signed a new deal.

When hes training, he wears a jumper, jacket etc with JM on it.

Normally only people who have signed contracts get these.

That's what was said about Bendiksen when Willi Vass took a picture of him at training...Two days later he was off to Tromso :craphead:

or wherever the fuck he went to.

The only football team where he is first pick RB is the RM pre match team selection - but at 23 if he had a chance of making it Ally would have chosen him over Bartley (a loan player) last week - a step down the when he leaves is the likely outcome!

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, so if so I apologise and Admin can merge.

Just read today that McMillan has rejected an offer of a new contract as he wants to play first-team football. In my opinion he is right to do so, but with a lot of people naming him in their preferred line-up for tomorrow would you expect to see him in the side with this refusal to sign a deal? I won't be surprised at all to see him follow Bendiksens example and go off to pastures new in search of a game, possibly even during this transfer window.

no youth that's not staying should play tomorrow.

The boy supports rangers and dosent want to leave but to be honest if 3 managers haven't given him his chance is he good enough?? Or is it down to playing the big earners regardless???

If he doesn't leave soonish, he's clearly got more of an interest in being a rangers fan than he is of being a professional footballer. He seems good enough to carve out a decent living for himself elsewhere. Just get out there

he isnt going to get his chance, for whatever reason....Broadfoot will be first choice RB :(

To be fair though... cant really blame McCoist. Walter didnt rate McMillan either. Think somewhere like St Mirren or St Johnstone would be his level.

he isnt going to get his chance, for whatever reason....Broadfoot will be first choice RB :(

To be fair though... cant really blame McCoist. Walter didnt rate McMillan either. Think somewhere like St Mirren or St Johnstone would be his level.

He'd do fine in the championship. Hell, he'd do fine for us I'm sure. He just needs to leave if he has any aspirations of being a proper footballer rather than just a rangers player

I'm not sure Walter's opinion should matter on youth players to be honest. Never understood why Smith seemed to think the best time to play youth players was in either a European cup match, an old firm match, or basically a match where something is on the line. Falkirk at home, 4-0 up - nope, leave the youngsters on the bench. Manchester United at home - perfect. seems like he wanted to destroy our youths confidence, since he never played them after they had played well.

Personally i'd like to see him given the amount of chances Whittiker has had this season.