Rangers shares suspended from trading on PLUS

MCLACHLAN1

Come on BP, when posters arrive with low posts and no all about our tax case it usually means the have attended the Phil ma arse in school of accounting on KDS.

We are so lucky to have so many experts on here.

No offence TWM and Boss etc (tu)

So pointing out a factual error in a post makes me a tim. Think what you want but ive had a st at ibrox for nigh on 30years.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But we've already failed to file. I don't think Whyte saying he hopes they'll be done around 31st January is binding to Companies House.

Nothing is binding to Companies House mate other than when the final accounts are submitted.The point i was making though is that he told the fans and shareholders at a meeting with RST that he was expecting them to be finalised October time.He then in the unaudited accounts issued in a rush to meet PLUS market rules on the 30th November said they would be audited on time for 31st December.Now he is saying it will be 31st January after we hear the outcome of the tax case.

Whats the next statement?

Nothing is binding to Companies House mate other than when the final accounts are submitted.The point i was making though is that he told the fans and shareholders at a meeting with RST that he was expecting them to be finalised October time.He then in the unaudited accounts issued in a rush to meet PLUS market rules on the 30th November said they would be audited on time for 31st December.Now he is saying it will be 31st January after we hear the outcome of the tax case.

Whats the next statement?

Having failed to meet the only deadline that counts, I don't really think it matters, do you? Obviously we want to see them, but it seems like they won't be audited until we know the outcome of the tax tribunal. I don't think Whyte saying 31st December changes that, tbh.

What you are saying is you don`t know the bill or if there is even a bill !

so even talking about liquidation shows you up for what you are.

WE WILL NOT GO INTO LIQUIDATION ! if we do I`ll never post again !

you do the same if its the other way round.

so why are you "who doesn`t even know if there is a big bill " talking about liquidation ?

I understand what you are saying and I believe you are saying it for a reason. I`d have kicked you from the site months ago.

There is a tax assessment.The club have confirmed this.You can take that to the bank(not Lloyds though)

If things were so plain sailing, why would we have already been in a tribunal for the best part of 6 weeks.Something isnt straight-forward.

People were discussing what would happen with our club if it was forced into liquidation and i confirmed re history etc.Shoot me.

What reason could i possibly be saying these things for other than to attempt to give some information out to people who actually want to gain some knowledge on it.

On what basis would you have chucked me from the site.Because you are wrong and dont agree with me. :lol:

Having failed to meet the only deadline that counts, I don't really think it matters, do you? Obviously we want to see them, but it seems like they won't be audited until we know the outcome of the tax tribunal. I don't think Whyte saying 31st December changes that, tbh.

Of course it matters.The longer they go unaudited, the more we get fined.As i said the other day, its a criminal offence to not submit the accounts by 31st December and although im sure not many people have been taken to court over missing deadlines by a few weeks or months, there will be a point in time where action will be taken.

And thats not withstanding the fact we need to have them submitted by 31st March or we can forget European football next season. (tu)

Shares in Scottish champions Rangers suspended

The shares of Scottish champions Rangers have been suspended from trading on the stock exchange after submitting unaudited accounts, the club confirmed on Monday.

Rangers, who have been Scottish champions 54 times and are bidding for a fourth successive title, also confirmed in a statement to the PLUS Stock Exchange issued on their website (www.rangers.co.uk) that they were considering delisting their shares in May.

The club released their annual financial figures on Nov. 30, but did not get them signed off by an independent auditor as required by exchange rules because of financial uncertainty caused by their ongoing case with Britain's tax authority, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

HMRC say Rangers owe around 49.0 million pounds ($75.50 million) in unpaid taxes.

The statement continued: "The delay has been caused as a result of finalising the audit, which the board believe will be complete on or around January 31, 2012. The delay in finalising the audit is principally related to the ongoing HMRC tax tribunal.

"Given the structure of the shareholding in the club, there is very little, if any, tangible benefit for the club to be a listed company."

Owner Craig Whyte, who took over the club from David Murray last May, has described the tax case, as a "dark cloud hanging over the club" and he has refused to rule out the possibility of administration if Rangers lose their dispute.

($1 = 0.6490 British pounds)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09012012/2/shares-scottish-champions-rangers-suspended.html

This might clear up why were going to court.

Come on BP, when posters arrive with low posts and no all about our tax case it usually means the have attended the Phil ma arse in school of accounting on KDS.

We are so lucky to have so many experts on here.

No offence TWM and Boss etc (tu)

Agree the amount of low count posters advising us on financial issues is very shady indeed.

BP - Its not the PLUS market that worries me.Its Companies House and the possible sanctions available to them for failure to file. (tu)

Let me know when you find a company whose directors have been prosecuted for delivering accounts 1 month late where there has been no history of late submission by that company.

Good luck.

If that is your worry (and you say that it is) I suggest you stop worrying.

at the moment we have NO tax bill, we need to wait till the case is fully heard. at no point have we been found guilty of anything

AFAIK

stop taking your info from taig infested websites.

I wouldnt quite say that RM is quite taig infested but yes i believe some of the scum from the east end do come on here to noise us up, post bs and cause infighting just the way some of the bears go onto their sites and feedback to us the shit storm they have created.

I agreed to a post, claiming from the outset that Im no expert on this subject but I also gave my 'personal' opinion at the end with the use of an analogy.

Im also find the paranoia on this board laughable especially when people cant reply or justify their accusations with a decent answer or any answer.

Low post -12 reps, wont be posting after 4 in a row.

Brilliant, you couldnt make it up.

I stand corrected, we were served an assessment, NOT a bill.

So we are liable for the assessment, which we appealed.

Regardless of the legal definition or if you are right or wrong on the terminology we basically have a figure from HRMC and the tribunal process is the negotiations which hopefully will be a lot lower than this assessment.