Grant Holt

Thommo

I was guessing at the fee Scott but mainly because we were told in the press previously it was going to cost around 2mill. The only thing i was told was it would be a take it or leave it bid for him

I imagine it will be about that, its just a lot for a player with no sell on

Although if he gets us into Europe he pays for himself

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it will be about that, its just a lot for a player with no sell on

Although if he gets us into Europe he pays for himself

I dont know Scott there is just something about him, i just think he is a fantastic striker.

If he came and we win the leauge then it would be worth it

2.2 on a 30 year old

Really?

Not saying he wouldnt be good , but business wise

We've done good business in getting Celik and Aluko for next to nothing, so I think if you put it more like £2.2m for Aluko, Celik and Holt it sounds a whole lot better.

Is this going to happen?

Id imagine it all comes down to Norwich saying he can go mate.

I dont think we would have remained interested if we thought he wouldnt be up for it. I think in our drunkeness on Saturday we discussed this just after a rendition of NPOR :crabflute:

Business-wise, by far the most important thing for the club is getting Champions League revenue. Winning the league trumps all other considerations. If the board think that Holt would significantly increase our chances of getting that, then he's worth more than £2.2m to us.

That said, I'm in the 'can't really see this happening' camp. Love to be wrong.

2.2 on a 30 year old

Really?

Not saying he wouldnt be good , but business wise

Southampton got Billy Sharp for a reported fee of around £1.9m so I agree £2.2m on a player reaching the latter stages of his career isnt what I was expecting.

Also from what i'm seeing in the goals clips a large majority of his goals have came from crosses into the box, i.e good service. Some on here were suggesting that signing Boyd would be a bad idea because he requires good service (which we cant provide) so why isnt anyone using this same negative when it comes to Holt. From what I am seeing he's not going to create many chances for himself and as he gets older he's just going to get slower.

Business-wise, by far the most important thing for the club is getting Champions League revenue. Winning the league trumps all other considerations. If the board think that Holt would significantly increase our chances of getting that, then he's worth more than £2.2m to us.

That said, I'm in the 'can't really see this happening' camp. Love to be wrong.

I agree...we have to win the league so spending a little to make sure is worth it IMO

Lads once again i only knew we were offering a take it or leave it if Jela went.

I dont know if its 2.2 i just imagined it would be around that as the previous mention of a fee was around 2mill. It could be much less.

We will or now reportedly have made an offer. Ally rates him and lets be honest Aluko and Celik providing balls into the box is perfect imo

Holt would certainly be a good addition to the squad but i'd rather see that kind of money spent on a younger striker with potential.

Disagree with that tbh.

The club are in no position whatsoever to be splashing that kind of money on someone on the basis of 'potential'. You just need to look at Kyle Lafferty.