First Impressions

Cooper230395

When a player we know little about comes into the team, most of us think we know enough about fitba to make a judgement on whether he's good enough after only 90 mins. Bert Konterman is probably one of the best examples and I reckon first impessions are right 90 % of the time.

Since the Souness era, what players have proved you wrong and gone on to become memorable Gers players?

Big Hateley is defo one but I can't think of many more - Any Offers ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally Dawson had a fantastic debut, that was his best game for us by a mile.

I remember Ally, he looked like being a great left back. But didn't he get a bad head injury in Canada? Then was never the same player.

Ah the John Greig years. You kids know nothing of suffering. :)

I'm surprised Ricksen hasn't been mentioned yet.

I would agree with Foster, he wasn't brilliant for us as he was inconsistent but it did take him a few games to bed in for us.

As for Aluko, he did cost us a goal on his debut but his overall contribution that day wasn't too bad, although our team as a whole was poor that day he was our probably our best player.

Sasa Papac. I thought he'd be out the door pretty much as soon as Walter Smith arrived. Still slightly amazed at how great he's been over the last 5 years or so. Another one is MArvin Andrews, didn't he looked great at all when I saw him in a friendly against Newcastle but I thought he was a revelation during the helicopter season.

Willie Henderson....and I'm serious. How the fuck could a blind snotty nosed wee bugger from the 'Cruix take over from the incomparible Alex Scott????? Well he did it, and as they say...The rest is history, folks! :sherlock:

Pedro Mendes could have stamped his authority over the SPL as the best DM, but he couldn't really be bothered.

Kenny Miller, twice. Thought we had found a new McCoist first time and signed a journeyman the second. Totally wrong on both points. His goal against Monaco though. :drool:

Sort of Souness era (ie not signed by him) - but Ally was poor when he first came here and Souness did not see him as first choice.

But there have been loads slated that came on to a game - Hutton is already mentioned - I didnae think Davie Robertson was good enough when I first saw him and when we signed Klos I wondered why we had signed sucha small keeper (cause small keepers are shite !!! ) (shows why I aint the manager :pipe:)

.. oh and Kerkar!