A positive

garycassidy1802

I believe there has been a huge improvement. Just the two numpties I heard today singing sectarian songs and swearing. Coming from a mixed religion family, and not being religious myself, I hate hearing sectarian songs/abuse from either half, having been subjected to it myself by the other half of the old firm. Even today, having posted about going to the match, I got called a 'filthy h*n c*nt' anonymously.

Ibrox is starting to seem a much more family friendly place. Today was the first time I've been to a match in a year, due to unemployment and not being able to afford tickets, or having a Saturday job.

I just wanted to commend fellow bluenoses for making Ibrox a much more enjoyable place to go to - and, hopefully getting us into less trouble with UEFA.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there has been a huge improvement. Just the two numpties I heard today singing sectarian songs and swearing. Coming from a mixed religion family, and not being religious myself, I hate hearing sectarian songs/abuse from either half, having been subjected to it myself by the other half of the old firm.

Ibrox is starting to seem a much more family friendly place. Today was the first time I've been to a match in a year, due to unemployment and not being able to afford tickets, or having a Saturday job.

I just wanted to commend fellow bluenoses for making Ibrox a much more enjoyable place to go to - and, hopefully getting us into less trouble with UEFA.

Maybe in a year you can take your packed lunch and have a wee picnic ya fucking blouse

I believe there has been a huge improvement. Just the two numpties I heard today singing sectarian songs and swearing. Coming from a mixed religion family, and not being religious myself, I hate hearing sectarian songs/abuse from either half, having been subjected to it myself by the other half of the old firm. Even today, having posted about going to the match, I got called a 'filthy h*n c*nt' anonymously.

So you were offended by songs... why go to Football then?

Nae need for that really is there.

The game from the stream i watched seemed to be at its best when the loyalist songs were blared out. Stop trying to diliute the game further. Sticks and stones ffs. Im sick of people complaining and getting anpyed over something that in truth is only people letting off some steam at the game.

We managed for nearly 100 years without this mock offended shite.

Ps i was only not at the game due to work :sherlock:

So you were offended by songs... why go to Football then?

I go to football because I support Rangers and have since I was a kid.

I don't find them offensive personally, but I don't like hearing them sung when there's kids and that about.

I used to go with my Grampa as a kid, and didn't take much notice until I grew up. My Dad is a Celtic fan (unfortunately) and catholic, I used to be a ballboy, and go to other games by myself as a teen when my Grampa passed away. My Dad's of the same opinion of me too. But he'd come collect me from games and we'd get "orange bastards" and whatever shouted at us by you know who.

All I was saying is, it's good, both for fans with kids who aren't religious, and for the club in terms of UEFA fines.

You knew the baggage that comes with our club when you started supporting us.

I go to football because I support Rangers and have since I was a kid.

I don't find them offensive personally, but I don't like hearing them sung when there's kids and that about.

I used to go with my Grampa as a kid, and didn't take much notice until I grew up. My Dad is a Celtic fan (unfortunately) and catholic, I used to be a ballboy, and go to other games by myself as a teen when my Grampa passed away. My Dad's of the same opinion of me too. But he'd come collect me from games and we'd get "orange bastards" and whatever shouted at us by you know who.

All I was saying is, it's good, both for fans with kids who aren't religious, and for the club in terms of UEFA fines.

I don't agree, I think this crackdown on "offensive" chanting is ruining the game and sucking out the last of the fun.

I'll never understand your point of view but it's not my place to oppose it.

Christ, alot of abuse a guy is getting for stating that our club has moved FORWARD in stopping behaviour which is deemed unacceptable in current times.

Don't think he said anything against Derrys Walls or Buld my Gallows.

"baggage" think most of that is long gone, sorry to dissapoint...

Christ, alot of abuse a guy is getting for stating that our club has moved FORWARD in stopping behaviour which is deemed unacceptable in current times.

Im talking about this new breed of fan who enjoy the happy clapping la dee da shite we get now. As i say the stadium sounded excellent on my stream when the loyalist songs were being sang.

The attendances everywhere are down due to 3 things, pricing, quality and fear of arrest for "offending" folk. Fuck them its 90 mins its not going to kill anyone

Cheers man, and na I did not, my only problem is hearing the word 'f*nian' as much as I hate the word 'h*n', but at the same time I'm big and ugly enough to deal with it.

I was really just stating that I think we've moved forward as a club, and I think it benefits everyone.

Cheers man, and na I did not, my only problem is hearing the word 'f*nian' as much as I hate the word 'h*n', but at the same time I'm big and ugly enough to deal with it.

I was really just stating that I think we've moved forward as a club, and I think it benefits everyone.

Maybe you should have stuck in at school and you would understand the meaning of the word.

I had a run in with "fenians" today marching our highways on the road heading down to the gallowgate when i was at work.

Your dad may unfortunatley be a kaflik and a tim but ffs settle petal.

Im talking about this new breed of fan who enjoy the happy clapping la dee da shite we get now. As i say the stadium sounded excellent on my stream when the loyalist songs were being sang.

The attendances everywhere are down due to 3 things, pricing, quality and fear of arrest for "offending" folk. Fuck them its 90 mins its not going to kill anyone

Going by some of the songs I hear now, guess we would have to class TBO and UB in that then :lol:

A 90 minute free for all then for folk to say and sing whatever they want, I'd rather watch a game of football to be honest.

I heard some bastard singing 'The Bluebells are Blue' in the Main Stand today.

He was almost silent, sort of humming it, but I called the grassline anyway and got him chucked out.

You really can't be too careful these days.

Somebody might have been offended!

Maybe you should have stuck in at school and you would understand the meaning of the word.

I had a run in with "fenians" today marching our highways on the road heading down to the gallowgate when i was at work.

Your dad may unfortunatley be a kaflik and a tim but ffs settle petal.

Stuck in at school... You don't know my educational background. I know the meaning of it, same with the meaning of h*n. However, those meanings have been misinterpreted and changed over the years.

I was only posting an opinion though, not wanting a religious debate. I was merely claiming, that in this day and age, our club has moved forward. Considering the problems we were getting into due to 'sectarianism'.

Going by some of the songs I hear now, guess we would have to class TBO and UB in that then :lol:

A 90 minute free for all then for folk to say and sing whatever they want, I'd rather watch a game of football to be honest.

Well go sit down and sit in fucking silence. Dont moan about the rest having the balls to create an atmosphere in the morgue known as Ibrox. The game is dying here rapidly and people want to get on their high horse about songs.

Well go sit down and sit in fucking silence. Dont moan about the rest having the balls to create an atmosphere in the morgue known as Ibrox. The game is dying here rapidly and people want to get on their high horse about songs.

I wasn't getting on my high horse. Merely stating an observation, and what I thought was a positive, in amidst all the negative posts today.

I don't think that's why it is 'morgue-like' though.

Stuck in at school... You don't know my educational background. I know the meaning of it, same with the meaning of h*n. However, those meanings have been misinterpreted and changed over the years.

I was only posting an opinion though, not wanting a religious debate. I was merely claiming, that in this day and age, our club has moved forward. Considering the problems we were getting into due to 'sectarianism'.

Tell me something then, if you know the meanings. Do we claim to be H***? Do we have anything in common with the H***?

Then tell me how the self proclaimed f****n army of paddy mcourt along with their songs of "freedom" can be labelled as "fenians"

As i say grow a set ffs, people like to let off some steam at the football and you will hear naughty words. Get over it. You will hear worse from some of the players on the park btw

YOu're jumping from one side to another :lol: You were saying you don't want some of the "la dee da" songs that are at Ibrox now, but want the traditionals. Can we all meet in the middle perhaps?

And in my defence, I sit in GR, I'm one of few who join in with songs, but would probably get kicked out if I tried to start one up there!