A positive

garycassidy1802

I wasn't getting on my high horse. Merely stating an observation, and what I thought was a positive, in amidst all the negative posts today.

I don't think that's why it is 'morgue-like' though.

Its morgue like because guys will not risk a criminal record for singing a song at football. We dont know what we can or can not sing ffs. There was a list saying teams couldnt sing in your glasgow slums. Thats how pathetic this "im offended" bollox has become

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me something then, if you know the meanings. Do we claim to be H***? Do we have anything in common with the H***?

Then tell me how the self proclaimed f****n army of paddy mcourt along with their songs of "freedom" can be labelled as "fenians"

As i say grow a set ffs, people like to let off some steam at the football and you will hear naughty words. Get over it. You will hear worse from some of the players on the park btw

I am over it, I said this, it doesn't offend me, but I see it as a step forward.

I know we do not claim that, but the original meaning of the word was "the enemy", however people have twisted it. I know that they claim it too, but in this day and age of political correctness and all that, it's about double standards. Not fair, I know, but it is taken as derogatory in certain contexts.

Like I said, I was merely stating an observation.

Its morgue like because guys will not risk a criminal record for singing a song at football. We dont know what we can or can not sing ffs. There was a list saying teams couldnt sing in your glasgow slums. Thats how pathetic this "im offended" bollox has become

Smart guys in my eyes (tu)

And that "list" was from the record, I wouldn't take that as the next 10 commandments...

Stuck in at school... You don't know my educational background. I know the meaning of it, same with the meaning of h*n. However, those meanings have been misinterpreted and changed over the years.

I was only posting an opinion though, not wanting a religious debate. I was merely claiming, that in this day and age, our club has moved forward. Considering the problems we were getting into due to 'sectarianism'.

doh

I just don't know where to start with this absolute bollox.

Are you friendly with graham spiers, the discredited journalist?

YOu're jumping from one side to another :lol: You were saying you don't want some of the "la dee da" songs that are at Ibrox now, but want the traditionals. Can we all meet in the middle perhaps?

And in my defence, I sit in GR, I'm one of few who join in with songs, but would probably get kicked out if I tried to start one up there!

No i am saying leave it be. Some only seem happy with the la dee da shite and i dont mean the new songs. I mean this new "jolly good goal chap" shite we get. You know the ones who just sit and clap when we score. Moan when nothing goes for us, get up 6 times for pies, drinks and a pish/shit. That shite.

Btw am working again the mora and thats why im being crabbit :lol:

Smart guys in my eyes (tu)

And that "list" was from the record, I wouldn't take that as the next 10 commandments...

Smart guys? None of us know what the fuck we can sing. Its not smart, its killing one of the few enjoyments we get in Scottish football

As an old basket i will stick up for what we want at rangers and that we move on ---

The fans have done their bit and changed the song sheet

but why are we not making a point and singing the great songs we have more vocally than ever .

The Parma game for me at Ibrox for me showed the world who we are and since that we

need that level again and power it to celtic and anyone we are the loudest fans and take us on.

No i am saying leave it be. Some only seem happy with the la dee da shite and i dont mean the new songs. I mean this new "jolly good goal chap" shite we get. You know the ones who just sit and clap when we score. Moan when nothing goes for us, get up 6 times for pies, drinks and a pish/shit. That shite.

I can assure you I'm not one of them. I sit/stand for 90mins, purely watching the football. I sing along with most of the songs, I go off my head if the ref makes an arse of it, and I scream and jump up and down when we score.

Like I said, merely an opinion, and if people disagree with that, that's fair enough, everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, as long as they're backing the team.

See what you mean, but happened all over Britain, with the old "prawn sandwich brigade". not gone that far at Ibrox, but obviously with ticket prices, teams success etc will mean a different type of fan will go to games.

I believe there has been a huge improvement. Just the two numpties I heard today singing sectarian songs and swearing. Coming from a mixed religion family, and not being religious myself, I hate hearing sectarian songs/abuse from either half, having been subjected to it myself by the other half of the old firm. Even today, having posted about going to the match, I got called a 'filthy h*n c*nt' anonymously.

Ibrox is starting to seem a much more family friendly place. Today was the first time I've been to a match in a year, due to unemployment and not being able to afford tickets, or having a Saturday job.

I just wanted to commend fellow bluenoses for making Ibrox a much more enjoyable place to go to - and, hopefully getting us into less trouble with UEFA.

here take a tissue and have a wee cry . you have a cheek to call them two fellas numpties i bet they have been there paying all season . you haven't fucking been there ibrox is fucking dead apart from the singing section . family atmosphere ? its fucking football .

here take a tissue and have a wee cry . you have a cheek to call them two fellas numpties i bet they have been there paying all season . you haven't fucking been there ibrox is fucking dead apart from the singing section . family atmosphere ? its fucking football .

or in other words a sport for all ages, or in other words a sport enjoyed by families etc.

<cr>

doh Think you're missing his point

So can I sing what I want then? Against catholics, jews, blacks etc. as I've paid all year. Infact, I've been paying for 15 years, what do I get to do because of that?

So can I sing what I want then? Against catholics, jews, blacks etc. as I've paid all year. Infact, I've been paying for 15 years, what do I get to do because of that?

My point was that they are numpties for doing something, which they know can get them arrested and get their club into trouble.

In my opinion, you should always do what is right for the club. But I don't want to start a big religious and moral debate.

It's due to morons like him we are NOT allowed to practice freedom of speech in the real sense. Sadly, some people do not have the intelligence to know what is right and what is wrong - that is when the government steps in and forces everyone to obey something which prevents the things considered wrong from happening.

Sadly when that happens the government get a taste for their new found power and are only too willing to restrict our rights more and more.

It's due to morons like him we are NOT allowed to practice freedom of speech in the real sense. Sadly, some people do not have the intelligence to know what is right and what is wrong - that is when the government steps in and forces everyone to obey something which prevents the things considered wrong from happening.

Sadly when that happens the government get a taste for their new found power and are only too willing to restrict our rights more and more.

[/quote\]

suppose you haven't sung the billy boys either?

That is a myth, for a start. Freedom of Speech doesn't exist, HOWEVER, like I said, I don't have a problem with it, I will never report someone for voicing an opinion.

I just said, that since it got the club into trouble, and saying that in front of kids, meaning they'll do the same. No matter if it is right or wrong, if it will cost the club, it is positive that it is decreasing.

Freedom of speech does exist, just not in the form that so many think it does.

There are rules that govern freedom of speech like many other things. Freedom of speech is not there so that you can run up to an old woman in the street and call her a fucking whore, or to publish instructions for home-made bombs on the internet.

Like most things it is something becoming more and more restricted due to the fact of people abusing the power, in other words not using it in the enlightened way it should be.

Freedom of speech does exist, just not in the form that so many think it does.

There are rules that govern freedom of speech like many other things. Freedom of speech is not there so that you can run up to an old woman in the street and call her a fucking whore, or to publish instructions for home-made bombs on the internet.

Like most things it is something becoming more and more restricted due to the fact of people abusing the power, in other words not using it in the enlightened way it should be.

Yeah man, I completely misread your point, re-read it and knew exactly what you meant.