I can't stand, or even understand, this "Ally must go" mood.

OlegKuznetsov

I think Ally's getting a lot of unfair stick. Sure the slide is bad and very disappointing, but we're losing sight of context. There's also a lot assuming that any change will be positive, but if we've watched football for any amount of time, we've learned that there's no such guarantee of success. Hateley, McCoist and even Goram needed time to prove themselves, but with time, by God they proved themselves!

What could a new manager do with the same squad? Will they be able to work successfully with a minimum of 14-16 players they didn't pick? Are we going to suddenly have a big transfer kitty?

Are we miles behind with problems so huge they can't be fixed with a couple more affordable signings? Is there nothing to be salvaged from our squad? I find the question preposterous with McGregor, Davis, Papac along with Goian, Wallace, Bocanegra and Aluko in our squad and I wonder who signed the last four. OK, Bedoya, Ortiz and McKay haven't achieved much but there's no way you can say that all three will offer nothing in the remainder of the season. All three are adapting to a new culture and environment. Maybe one or two of them will offer something before the season's out. Mervan certainly seems an interesting prospect that could pay off.

Ally knew he needed strikers and other forwards. He tried to get them in the summer, but those bids were unsuccessful due to the actions of others. He ended up with nothing, and had to stick with what he had.

Everybody knew we were fragile to injury, suspension and possible player departures up front. Everybody said it and the bad mob were begging for injuries to Naismith and Jelavic.

They got their dream when Naisy got injured but we soldiered on. Jelavic was disappointing but with Lafferty, it was still working up front.

He signs Aluko outside the window and the early signs are promising, perhaps even very promising. Overall, the omens are that this may have been a significant signing and potentially, depending on what the future brings, a master-stroke.

So Lafferty gets injured and Jelavic's form dips even more. We don't have many options but Healy has shown that he is back up. My one criticism is that we didn't give him game time, given the likelihood of needing him.

I think these factors - not getting the forward options he wanted, Naismith's injury followed by Lafferty's and then Jelavic's form dip- are sufficient to explain our bad run.

It's not unrealistic to think that we could get £7m for Jelavic and bring back Miller or someone like him, with a Sandaza, Stevenson or O'Connor type. It's not unrealistic to think that such signings with Lafferty's return in a month, Aluko continuing decent form and Mervan hopefully offering some of his apparent potential, things could turn again quite easily.

Four points at this stage is nothing. Football, like life, isn't black and white. There are always shades of grey that most folk overlook. You do best when you take the hurt and disappointment on the chin, take a deep breath and set your mind on getting stuck in, doing what's required and getting the validation and success in the long run.

It's great you all care so much- it really is! But moaning like petulant teenagers who can't join their wealthy friends on a jolly to San Tropez in Novemebr ain't going to do anything for you or those around you. In this context, I'm talking about the spreading of negativity, but there are a few things you can count on, even now.

I won't be giving in and you can bet your life, your house, your car, your mother and your children's eyes that Ally won't be either. I'm also pretty certain that after recent seasons and from what we see of Goian, Aluko and Bocanegra, there are a right few players who won't be buying into all this "we're doomed" bullshit.

Time to man up, take it on the chin and get stuck right back into the fight. Character. Spine. Determination. That's what we do. We never buckle under. If our history teaches us one thing about who we are - about what we are - it's that no matter what, we never give up. We keep on fighting.

And you know what...

We usually overcome the odds.

I think we will again.

In fact, we will.

No surrender!

WATP

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I barely even bothered reading any of that. Have you seen us play this season? Did you see the 4 games in Europe against dire opposition that we failed to get a single victory in? The league cup against Falkirk? That point swing in favour of the tarriers? You don't think we have enough quality to outplay dross in the SPL? And who was involving in signing and re-signing all these players in our squad who are not good enough?

Whose fault is it that our main striker backup is 32 year old David Healy who has scored about 10 goals in his last 4 or 5 seasons of professional football anguish.gif

Decent article, but Ally's season consists of this...

Bought several players who have barely kicked a ball, bought a few who have done well.

Out the CL by a terrible team.

Out the EUROPA league by a terrible team.

Out the League cup by a first division team filled with under 20's.

Blown a 12 point gap at the top of the table, now 4 behind.

Best football (aside from the first OF) was at home to Motherwell, with John Fleck at the heart of it. Almost immediately dropped Fleck and punted him on loan.

Doesn't make for good reading quite frankly.

I'd be surprised if he is in charge next season.

What could a new manager do with the same squad? Will they be able to work successfully with a minimum of 14-16 players they didn't pick? Are we going to suddenly have a big transfer kitty?

playing the players in their correct fecking positions would do for a start

play a proper right back

play a proper left mid

leave healy on the team bus and play a youngster with a bit more mobility

3 options that would most likely make us at least look a lot better

if i was an SPL right back i would fucking love playing us as wallace is never a left mid

I think when Ally is inevitably punted, a spell at a much smaller club might do him good. With a bit of luck he will be forced to become his own man, step out from Smith's shadow and maybe adopt a more modern approach to the game. I don't think his education in management has done him a single bit of good.

Everyone goes on about the 12 points dropped (which was actually only 9 due to games in hand)

But ally gets no actual credit for building that lead in the first place.

They go on about his bad signings without praising his good ones.

I still have faith we will win the league with ally at the helm, although my faith is less than it was a few months ago.

Meh its an argument that is just gonna go in circles, the doomsday merchants have us beat in the league already. Those same people for the, most part that were foolishly saying the league was won when we were 12 in front.

He's bought some excellent centre halfs and some average midfielders.

My biggest criticism of him is, he's too honest about his signing targets. He's trying to help us out, but it's proving his downfall.

I was REALLY wanting us to get Dorrans on loan but he was brillant for WBA at the weekend so probably ends this one.

When Jela goes, If he buys 2 good forwards and a wide right man I will be happy.

Ally gets my full backing to the summer.

Everyone goes on about the 12 points dropped (which was actually only 9 due to games in hand)

I still have faith we will win the league with ally at the helm, although my faith is less than it was a few months ago.

Meh its an argument that is just gonna go in circles, the doomsday merchants have us beat in the league already. Those same people for the, most part that were foolishly saying the league was won when we were 12 in front.

Any credit for the lead is cancelled out by losing it so quickly i'm afraid.

you make some good points

i am one of the people that think ally should go , i didnt think that he should have been given the job in the first place

however im willing to stand by him while manager and hope he turns things around

but the following things have/are making it difficult to stand keep believing he has what it takes

we are playing worse football than we did under walter overall IMO

4 points behind doesnt sound that bad but we were 9 points ahead 2 and a half months ago .

17 points out of 30 in the last 10 games

appears unable to motivate the players - even at the last OF game

Jig continues to play when not injured or suspended

i dont like the way he deals with players that do things that irk him or he disagrees with ( that one is just my opinion)

out of 2 european competitions and the league cup at the first hurdle

he complained we need forwards in then lets one go on loan to blackpool rather than give him gametime that he deserves here

he appears to have his own list of un-droppables.

i'm fully aware this is negative but its how i feel and i think its time for a change

The lead we built had more to do with a horrific Celtic side self destructing than our brilliance. Now they are on more of an evil keel, the lead is only going to get bigger. I can't see them dropping more points in the remaining 14 games, can you?

Blind faith is just not for me.

Nor is it for me, but I'm also not one to forget our history of winning the previous 3 titles, particularly last season when a good majority of supporters had written of Sir Walter and we over came the odds and he led us to the title, again.

Celtic were in our position at the start of the season with dropping points and performing poorly while we were winning games left, right and centre, now the positions are reversed and they'r fans are celebrating already while ours are calling for Super Ally's head.

I'll personally hold my breath on the current situation until, at least, April. I wouldn't be surprised to see us up top again or a minor margin between us and the Bheast's going into the split to make an exciting finish with most of our fans taking back what they say and hailing Ally as a hero and demanding he gets another crack at it whether we win or lose.

Either way he'll always be Super Ally and deserves 100% support from the fans.

Nor is it for me, but I'm also not one to forget our history of winning the previous 3 titles, particularly last season when a good majority of supporters had written of Sir Walter and we over came the odds and he led us to the title, again.

Celtic were in our position at the start of the season with dropping points and performing poorly while we were winning games left, right and centre, now the positions are reversed and they'r fans are celebrating already while ours are calling for Super Ally's head.

I'll personally hold my breath on the current situation until, at least, April. I wouldn't be surprised to see us up top again or a minor margin between us and the Bheast's going into the split to make an exciting finish with most of our fans taking back what they say and hailing Ally as a hero and demanding he gets another crack at it whether we win or lose.

I'm not demanding anyone get the sack, but i'm not going to come out with 'In Ally we trust' when I really don't have any faith in him or this team.

We should be striving for better things than running our luck and hoping to finish above pish Celtic sides.

Ill gee ye a wee approve, I quite liked the read, was maybe a 1 or 2 didnt agree with but in main good mate, well done and well said.

My own opinion is Craig Whyte and Ally are playing a blinder. I honestly believe the last few weeks and months of poverty, lookin at free transfers, even then Story of Aluko paying himself to sign for us ! whom He hasnt convinced me when hes answered on tele; all adds up to show HMRC we cannot afford anything, but with that now decided either way, possibly just possibly we can move forward very soon, I believe all this heartache could be the making of us with !!!

Ally needs players, but cannae spend money, so if we can get some good guys in within the next week, we can make a push for the title again,

We all love the Rangers and this is killin us, but lets fully get behind everyone, and judge them all once we know the verdict of this case.

Oh and I think we ll win that as well because of things that have developed the last couple of days !!

Ally is a hero to everyone in my age group.He wrote his own scripts when he was playing and brought us so much joy(and, subsequently,the filth,so much hurt) that I struggle to be negative about him but some of his decisions are so baffling(Players out of position,throwing money(we dont have)at Whittaker,the whole McKay thing,the infatuation with McCulloch,Letting Flecky+TKB+Shinnie leave,this long ball shit etc.)

He WILL be here till the end of the season.

Next season?It,obviously ,depends on where the league flag ends up flying.And,on that score,he has a bit of work to do.At this moment in time,I am still very much with him, but......

That point alone is an excellent one but I also agree with the whole post.

A four point deficit is nothing at this stage and the transfers, limited as they may be, could have a crucial influence. Even a Sandaza could help us significantly, given how utterly poor Jelavic has been. He really owes us something in his remaining game or two.

Given the injuries, Jelavic's form and transfer failures up front, four points is nothing like insurmountable and I reckon the tims are very weak psychologically. If we close it, they could have a minor collapse at the very least, easily dropping 5-8 points in a few games.

So much left to play for. Ally's been here as a a player and assistant so many times before and came out victorious. Sure he's made mistakes, but I reckon he's still learning very quickly. Some will say not quickly enough, but a club legend with everything we know about him demands that he gets some patience with a four point margin at such a stage.

Whilst disappointment is totally understandable, I find it utterly bizarre that someone like him gets such little patience from our support, given all the facts about him, let alone the club's current position. He's definitely got my patience and support. He's also got my belief in him.

Can't agree with the basic thrust of the article which appears to be "Ally doesn't have the tools to do the job and it's not his fault he doesn't have them"

The thing is, he has a squad which is easily capable of beating the likes of Aberdeen, St Mirren and Falkirk, but appears to be unable to produce a team that plays with much cohesion and continues to play players out of position. Some of his decisions seem completely baffling - Bartley on as stand in centre forward, Wylde suddenly behind Kerkar in pecking order, sending Fleck on loan despite a severe lack of striking options, continuing to play McCulloch and Whittaker despite numerous dismal performances.

I really don't believe there will be much improvement regardless of who we sign because he doesn't know how to coach a team.

while it was a great run we had at the end of last season, just remember that we required snookers after making a cunt of it at ibrox against the beggars in the split

relying on other teams doing you a favour is a dangerous game to play, we won it last season, but now the beggars have a more determined look about them and are more experienced when it comes to tight games

i cannot believe that we will drop less points outwith the OF games than the beggars, they dont look like losing while we struggle to look like winning

say we win both old firm games remaining, do you trust us to hold onto the theoretical 2 point lead?