assistant manager

marmalade1872

in my time good teams had a partnership manager/assistant manager the first being the main man but the assistant to keep dicipline,take training,put the stars in their place,and tell a few home truths could we help our manager by getting hin an assistant.

bill shankly/bob paisley

walter smith/archie knox

matt/busby/jimmy murphy

brian clough/peter taylor

its an old way of working but in my opinion our man needs some help..

in my time good teams had a partnership manager/assistant manager the first being the main man but the assistant to keep dicipline,take training,put the stars in their place,and tell a few home truths could we help our manager by getting hin an assistant.

bill shankly/bob paisley

walter smith/archie knox

matt/busby/jimmy murphy

brian clough/peter taylor

its an old way of working but in my opinion our man needs some help..

Could maybe doing with this guy back.

I suggested this a wee while ago, McCoist and McDowall are both pretty inexperienced. What experience in Management has McDowall got bar youth coaching? Souness as a rookie Manager insisted on bringing Walter in for his experience rather than give an old pal a job and was probably one of the most important decisions he made as a Manager.

It's not rocket science as i said in a thread a while back this is the same management team that was in place when walter was in charge. Walter and ally are not the same type of person therefore they require different types of deputy to compliment them both.

Personnel have stayed the same and it's about time super built his own management team to compliment him. There is no one there to kick asses, everyone seems too nicey nicey in our management. And for me, that's why it's not working to well. Would love someone like terry butcher as assistant to ally, *someone like* of course as butcher would never do it.

Could maybe doing with this guy back.

Would have to say a No to that one. Have memories of him from couple of training sessions I watched and by chatting with a couple of players at the time.

But could have done with someone, but who? George Graham would have been ideal man is Rangers through and through and knows the ins and outs with top clubs, but is he too long out of the game?

Would have to say a No to that one. Have memories of him from couple of training sessions I watched and by chatting with a couple of players at the time.

But could have done with someone, but who? George Graham would have been ideal man is Rangers through and through and knows the ins and outs with top clubs, but is he too long out of the game?

memories?

Only a suggestion, but what about bringing in Richard Gough as no.2? 9 in a row captain, nows rangers inside out, look at the players he captained over the years and helped the management team to get the best of,knew how to man manage these players and build a never die attitude in those teams?

like? Smartarse. What was it u seen with a couple of training sessions that would lead you to that opinion, hands in pockets, looked not interested, talked down to someone.

Kicking player on the shin after player just back to fitness with shin splint problems(clue) because the player nutmegged him at a kick about game. And was told he was lucky not to get punch in the face.

Just being a hard man with no substance apart from his position and ridiculing young players.

Yeah was the bully but the senior players I knew did not reckon to his football brain.

First and foremost just about all managers have a feeling of insecurity that is why if you look back just about all of them take a mate as assist to protect their back for fear of someone backstabbing them.

Souness was one of the few I think didn't pander to this , well with us any way.

Only a suggestion, but what about bringing in Richard Gough as no.2? 9 in a row captain, nows rangers inside out, look at the players he captained over the years and helped the management team to get the best of,knew how to man manage these players and build a never die attitude in those teams?

I see where you're coming from mate with Gough having the captain's influence but in reality he has as much experience in management as McCoist does. I know we've let this lead slip but people forget we had a similar winning run to the one the tarriers are enjoying just now, there's no point in changing management and backroom staff halfway through a season.

Kicking player on the shin after player just back to fitness with shin splint problems(clue) because the player nutmegged him at a kick about game. And was told he was lucky not to get punch in the face.

Just being a hard man with no substance apart from his position and ridiculing young players.

Yeah was the bully but the senior players I knew did not reckon to his football brain.

First and foremost just about all managers have a feeling of insecurity that is why if you look back just about all of them take a mate as assist to protect their back for fear of someone backstabbing them.

Souness was one of the few I think didn't pander to this , well with us any way.

Oh dear