Your favourite Rangers strip

Ger for life

Just beware, I've got this top and the first time it got washed the blue dye ran into the white "V" neck. Also when it's washed you have to make sure that it's fully flattened out before drying otherwise it will crease badly. I have to be 100% honest and say that I am disappointed with the quality of this jersey.

Sorry to be the "bearer" of bad news - pardon the pun! - but I wouldn't want you spending your cash before knowing the full facts

Just beware, I've got this top and the first time it got washed the blue dye ran into the white "V" neck. Also when it's washed you have to make sure that it's fully flattened out before drying otherwise it will crease badly. I have to be 100% honest and say that I am disappointed with the quality of this jersey.

Sorry to be the "bearer" of bad news - pardon the pun! - but I wouldn't want you spending your cash before knowing the full facts

Cheers mate (tu)

Having second thoughts about it then.

Correct me if I'm wrong was this jersey circa 1999/2000 and worn at the 2000 cup final against The Sheep as part of an "Oranje Tribute" to our Dutch employees?

no Rangers never wore the oran... tangerine top on that day, unfortunately, although that didn't stop us wearing it, I wore the holland top though as did the majority I saw

moses%20mcneilcolour.jpg

would love to see this top with the founders names superimposed throughout the top, possibly as the away or third choice strip, celebrating 140 years so would be a great time to bring this out,,,

possibly with this badge inside the original one;

logo%20blue%20cut%20out.jpg

:praise:

Would be a fitting tribute to our origins, I'd buy it (tu)

As for my favourite strip, the more our home tops are reverting back to classic style home tops of bygone eras, the more am liking them. (tu)

no Rangers never wore the oran... tangerine top on that day, unfortunately, although that didn't stop us wearing it, I wore the holland top though as did the majority I saw

Sorry mate I should have said worn by the fans. I know the team didn't wear the oran- tangerine top that day. Thanks anyway. (tu)

Cheers mate (tu)

Having second thoughts about it then.

I also showed it to a girl I know with who is related to one of the players from that era and she said it's not the same quality of jersey that the 60's team wore - she has one of his old ones. If truth be told I wouldn't have bought it if I knew then what I know now. My missus said that it looks like something you could buy in Primark and she's not wrong.

I also showed it to a girl I know with who is related to one of the players from that era and she said it's not the same quality of jersey that the 60's team wore - she has one of his old ones. If truth be told I wouldn't have bought it if I knew then what I know now. My missus said that it looks like something you could buy in Primark and she's not wrong.

I definatley won't be getting this then.

Its a shame you can't get on of decent quality, because its cracking top (td)

I definatley won't be getting this then.

Its a shame you can't get on of decent quality, because its cracking top (td)

Agree totally mate.I think with all these "retro strips" you get a pale imitation of what the original product was like. It's much the same as the replica tops today which are by no means anywhere near the quality of the real thing. Anyway glad you didn't waste your money and if I've stopped a few Bears from wasting their cash I'll have contributed something positive to this forum.

Another wee diversion from tax and transfer matters. What is your favourite Rangers strip? - this can include all away strips too.

Mine's is the old V neck home strip from the 1960's with nothing on the jersey. Although I will also admit to a soft spot for the 92/93 Adidas home jersey with the white chevrons and even the away white jersey with the blue chevrons.

Over to you fellow Bears for your choices!

Mines is season 96/97 top 9 in a row . 1of the nicest tops ever. cant upload pic but can someone upload it for me thanks.

It's funny that the older you get, the more of a traditionalist you become.

I remember being delighted when we binned the old V neck in the sixties, and brought in the all blue crew neck. It was a modernisation to a style that most clubs were adopting. I even liked the fact that they got rid of the black socks with red tops in favour of red with white tops.

Nowadays, I would love the V neck back again just like it was, or even the all blue top which replaced it, and I'd go ape shit if they changed the socks.

My favourite of recent years was last season's retro top with the collar...and I thought it was really old fashioned and stuffy when I was a kid.

My favourite is the old Tiger Shaw plain blue with white turn up collar. Second is the Jim Baxter V neck. It was called the Continental, remember that Colonel? Haven't liked anything since except the blue with white collar with discreet red stripes on the collar, late 70s, early 80s or thereabouts. No names. No logos.