Your favourite Rangers strip

Ger for life

Another wee diversion from tax and transfer matters. What is your favourite Rangers strip? - this can include all away strips too.

Mine's is the old V neck home strip from the 1960's with nothing on the jersey. Although I will also admit to a soft spot for the 92/93 Adidas home jersey with the white chevrons and even the away white jersey with the blue chevrons.

Over to you fellow Bears for your choices!

Rangers-Third-Strip-10-11.jpg

I liked this strip as well and i think the club could have kept it for another season which would have encouraged more fans to buy it.

What I also liked about this strip is that we wore our traditional socks with it.

I always like to see our boys in the traditional kit whenever possible. I remember a game at Parkhead last season when we wore red and white socks which for me just didn't look right at all.

No strip says "Rangers" more for me than the classic from the 60s, but it can never be re-created these days as logos would tarnish it.

I also have fond memories of the 1993 strips from Adidas but more because of the team's achievements that year. I felt for all we had adidas for five years, they never gave us the strip I hoped for - a simple plain royal blue with a white v-neck and three white stripes down the sleeve. Instead we got the "Equipment" version with the shoulder chevrons instead of three vertical stripes and a red V-neck, then the one I associate with Gazza - the round neck with "adidas" at the throat and three horizontal stripes round the sleeves, and finally the 9-in-a-row season we had the white panels in the front incorporating red, white and blue stripes.

No strip says "Rangers" more for me than the classic from the 60s, but it can never be re-created these days as logos would tarnish it.

I also have fond memories of the 1993 strips from Adidas but more because of the team's achievements that year. I felt for all we had adidas for five years, they never gave us the strip I hoped for - a simple plain royal blue with a white v-neck and three white stripes down the sleeve. Instead we got the "Equipment" version with the shoulder chevrons instead of three vertical stripes and a red V-neck, then the one I associate with Gazza - the round neck with "adidas" at the throat and three horizontal stripes round the sleeves, and finally the 9-in-a-row season we had the white panels in the front incorporating red, white and blue stripes.

Couldn't agree more with you. I'm with you on the 92/93 strip because it brings back happy memories of one of the best Rangers teams I've seen. However for me less designs/logos on the jersey equals more and that is why the 60's strip as pictured previously remains my all time favourite.

The all seem pretty well built :lol:

I am struck by how small the full backs,Shearer & Caldow were in relation to the rest of the defence. I suppose as a wee boy watching them they would have seemed much bigger. But by God could they defend!!

Shearer aka Captain Cutlass was a very strong tackler and Caldow had a turn of pace that no winger could match. Caldow incidentally went through his entire career and was never booked once. Only guy in the modern game that I can think of who matched that was Gary Lineker -but he was a striker and less likely to be booked than a defender.

I am struck by how small the full backs,Shearer & Caldow were in relation to the rest of the defence. I suppose as a wee boy watching them they would have seemed much bigger. But by God could they defend!!

Shearer aka Captain Cutlass was a very strong tackler and Caldow had a turn of pace that no winger could match. Caldow incidentally went through his entire career and was never booked once. Only guy in the modern game that I can think of who matched that was Gary Lineker -but he was a striker and less likely to be booked than a defender.

Eric Caldow was a classy full-back who was years ahead of his time. It was so sad his career was ruined by a thug called Bobby Smith.

diadora-02-03-rangers-3rd-shirt.gif

(tu):clap: I still wear mine

moses%20mcneilcolour.jpg

would love to see this top with the founders names superimposed throughout the top, possibly as the away or third choice strip, celebrating 140 years so would be a great time to bring this out,,,

possibly with this badge inside the original one;

logo%20blue%20cut%20out.jpg

(tu):clap: I still wear mine

moses%20mcneilcolour.jpg

would love to see this top with the founders names superimposed throughout the top, possibly as the away or third choice strip, celebrating 140 years so would be a great time to bring this out,,,

possibly with this badge inside the original one;

logo%20blue%20cut%20out.jpg

Good shout! That would be a fitting tribute to our Gallant Pioneers!! :praise: