Any potential investors? ?

andymcg1986

With us being such a massive club do you think there is any die hard bears out there that could do a dave king and give us a cash investment to bring in a player or two I honestly think four in a row is on the line if we do not get a few strikers in regardless if jelavic goes which is hard to take being a massive bear! If I had the money myself I would not think twice!!! WATP!!!!!

Murray shafted Dave King and ENIC with regards to their investments.

Additionally, with Whyte now owning 85% of the club for a measly £1 - it makes no sense for anyone to invest a "sizeable" amount at present.

I am writing this not even considering the tax case - which as others have stated, is the "noose around our necks" at the moment.

Will be interesting to see what movements are made depending on the potential outcomes of the case.

I believe that Aluko has passed on some details to Whyte of some very note worthy guys in Nigeria.

Until this tax case is finished we wont have anyone coming forward. It could be true their is someone waiting in the wings to invest once it is decided though.

In 5 years time I will still see us winning titles and the tims playing with wains

With us being such a massive club do you think there is any die hard bears out there that could do a dave king and give us a cash investment to bring in a player or two I honestly think four in a row is on the line if we do not get a few strikers in regardless if jelavic goes which is hard to take being a massive bear! If I had the money myself I would not think twice!!! WATP!!!!!

Funny you should say that, yes there is, and, yes you could, more than you know. I have run this idea by the club already, so, here goes... (thoughts more than welcome)

Overseas Rangers fans (or those who understand proxys), can watch Rangers Live via the official site, correct?

Most of us, if we cant get to the games, watch crappy illegal streams

Rangers also have mailing lists, social media sites, online stores etc

How about this?

THe club sets up an official members club type thing, with, a charge of say, £2 per month, much like most charities do. Set up a DD and, forget it, its not going to hurt too many peoples pockets.

You get, something like, exclusive offers, gifts, discounts, and, all matches shown live on a good quality stream in your own language, perhaps, online access to Rangers TV for those who dont have Sky etc.

For £2 a month? I would have me some of that in a heartbeat.

5 million Rangers fans worldwide has been mentioned a few times, so, do the sums?

If every single person joined, the club would bring in (pre costs) £120 million per year. I will say that again £120 million per year!

Now, thats "best case", lets go with just the people who "like" the official facebook? Its around 250 thousand people, so, that brings in £6 million per year, which, I believe, is more than a UEFA Cup run, and, not too far off Champions league money.

There is your sustainable club right there. What you get, its just a thought, could be anything really, but, the matches are a requirement I think.

Funny you should say that, yes there is, and, yes you could, more than you know. I have run this idea by the club already, so, here goes... (thoughts more than welcome)

Overseas Rangers fans (or those who understand proxys), can watch Rangers Live via the official site, correct?

How about this?

THe club sets up an official members club type thing, with, a charge of say, £2 per month, much like most charities do. Set up a DD and, forget it, its not going to hurt too many peoples pockets.

You get, something like, exclusive offers, gifts, discounts, and, all matches shown live on a good quality stream in your own language, perhaps, online access to Rangers TV for those who dont have Sky etc.

5 million Rangers fans worldwide has been mentioned a few times, so, do the sums?

If every single person joined, the club would bring in (pre costs) £120 million per year. I will say that again £120 million per year!

Now, thats "best case", lets go with just the people who "like" the official facebook? Its around 250 thousand people, so, that brings in £6 million per year, which, I believe, is more than a UEFA Cup run, and, not too far off Champions league money.

There is your sustainable club right there. What you get, its just a thought, could be anything really, but, the matches are a requirement I think.

This is the second suggestion to the club I've read from you in two days. The first one regarding mobile phones I was 50/50 with. This one, however, impresses me greatly.

This is the second suggestion to the club I've read from you in two days. The first one regarding mobile phones I was 50/50 with. This one, however, impresses me greatly.

Well, thank you. I am incredibly boring, and, think about business process a lot, some things pop in from time to time :)

How about this?

You're right £2 per month is nothing. In fact I'd pay that for maybe a Club tie and members certificate. Its little ideas like these that will get us out of this shit if the club have the sense to realise how loyal our fans can be. Have a rep I'm feeling charitable today (tu)

Wishful thinking, but until we are clear of the tax case we'll continue to be in limbo.

Ah bro, I have missed your sunny outlook on things, hope you are well mate.

True, but, imagine this had been implemented, say, even 12 months ago? We would be sat here thinking, fuck it, tax case? No worries, if we lose, we just pay it