A few positives among the many alleged negatives.

OlegKuznetsov

We're all well aware of the many negatives, some of them real, many of them imagined or exaggerated, but we shouldn't dwell upon them.

The evidence is that we can cope without Jelavic. Indeed, more and more supporters appear to be becoming aware that we may be better without him.

Lafferty will be back soon.

Aluko is proving to be a real find.

Mervan has signed and is looking decent.

Healy is making a reasonable contribution.

Ally appears to have definite targets in mind. I suspect that 2 or 3 are pending eventualities-e.g. Jelavic going.

We're still not guilty of any significant tax misdemeanour.

We're still not in administration.

With the window closing, no fire sale has occurred or appears to be necessary in the remaining 2 or 3 days, which means we will have all our squad for the remainder of the season. Remember how we were told we had to sell and significantly diminish our squad further?

All is still to play for.

No matter all our "problems", four in a row would leave a certain other club crippled.

So much to play for and I reckon we will be Ready for whatever the season throws at us.

We're all well aware of the many negatives, some of them real, many of them imagined or exaggerated, but we shouldn't dwell upon them.

The evidence is that we can cope without Jelavic. Indeed, more and more supporters appear to be becoming aware that we may be better without him.

Ally appears to have definite targets in mind. I suspect that 2 or 3 are pending eventualities-e.g. Jelavic going.

With the window closing, no fire sale has occurred or appears to be necessary in the remaining 2 or 3 days, which means we will have all our squad for the remainder of the season. Remember how we were told we had to sell and significantly diminish our squad further?

No matter all our "problems", four in a row would leave a certain other club crippled.

So much to play for and I reckon we will be Ready for whatever the season throws at us.

Great post

Well said :clap::clap::clap:

Agree with all of that.

Hopefully the likes of Davis and edu look to be finally hitting a bit of form. And with Aluko running wild and hopefully Celik doing the same life not all that bad.

Just need to bring in a Goal scores in the next couple of days and things are positive

Agree with all of that.

Hopefully the likes of Davis and edu look to be finally hitting a bit of form. And with Aluko running wild and hopefully Celik doing the same life not all that bad.

Just need to bring in a Goal scores in the next couple of days and things are positive

Damn! I meant to include that.

Excellent point mate.

I wonder if the midfield felt burdened by the dead end that a pass to Jelavic seemed to be for the last few weeks.

Damn! I meant to include that.

Excellent point mate.

I wonder if the midfield felt burdened by the dead end that a pass to Jelavic seemed to be for the last few weeks.

ffs so your OP was pish then as youve missed out some things :P

superb to see a positive post and replies but it will get eaten up by the half empty glass baying mob just getting out their beds :D

Although i agree we play better without jelavic im not sure its his fault. We tend to miss out the best part of our team when he plays....The Midfield!!

If we can settle down and play through the midfield with him in the team i think its better for everyone. But we have to get out of this using jelavic as a target man.

The only worry in all of that is Jela goes and we have no time to replace him per previous transfer windows.

We attempted to sign several players in the summer, most of which failed miserably. Some bids took weeks and weeks on and off, bidding shitty amounts only to be continually turned down by clubs in some cases rightly so. Clubs may also not want to do business with us in case we can't pay them post tax case (potential administration).... Even getting past the bidding stage and offering players shit wages and they may still chose to go elsewhere.

I dont think we'll see anyone coming for those reasons unfortunately. Totally pessimistic. :(

well said!

driving home from the game yesterday listening to clyde, it was ridiculous.

you would have thought we dropped more points the way they were going on!! raging!

and as for this boy theyv 'stolen' from us - last time i checked his name wasnt Lionel Messi

Good positive post.

I think there were positives and negatives to be taken from yesterdays game.

McGregor - Made a couple of good saves at the feet of the Hibs forwards. Pos

Bartley - Not his fault but he will never be a fullback. Neg

Goian - Normal steady self. Pos

Bocanegra - Natural leader. Pos

Papac - One of our most reliable performers for some time but with Wallace, he didn't look as if he new what he should be doing. Neutral

Wylde - Very poor. Didn't take the fullback on all day. Too predictable. Neg

Edu - Powerhouse in the middle. Carrying on with his recent form. More and more of our play is going via him rather than Davis. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago.Pos

Davis - Getting his form back. May be benefitting from Edu stepping up to the plate to take some of the pressure off him. Pos

Wallace - A player I like and think will be very good for us but he looks a bit confused. Don't think the Wallace/Papac idea is working. Neutral

Aluko - Outstanding. Made something happen every time he got on the ball. Held the ball up well and scored a screamer. Also showed Wylde how to take on and beat a fullback. Pos

Healy - Worked his arse off. Imagine his work-rate with Boyds natural goalscoring. Wants to do well. Pos

Mervan - Looked the part when he came on. early days but was really confident. Pos

Kerkar - Tried hard to play the "killer" ball between the CH and FB. Didn't quite come off but at least he tied to be positive. Neutral

McCulloch - Was just Jigger. Digs in, wins the ball, and passes it sideways or back. Neutral

I'm the same as most people on here. I think we play too many long, hopeful balls when Jella plays. Not his fault, just because he is good in the air. Played less of them yesterday. In Aluko, Mervan, Davies, Edu and Wallace we have guys who can keep the ball so the need for the long ball isnt there, but we still need more sharpness in the box.

With Jella plus 1 sharp striker or 2 if Jella goes we should be ok.

Good positive post.

I think there were positives and negatives to be taken from yesterdays game.

McGregor - Made a couple of good saves at the feet of the Hibs forwards. Pos

Bartley - Not his fault but he will never be a fullback. Neg

Goian - Normal steady self. Pos

Bocanegra - Natural leader. Pos

Papac - One of our most reliable performers for some time but with Wallace, he didn't look as if he new what he should be doing. Neutral

Wylde - Very poor. Didn't take the fullback on all day. Too predictable. Neg

Edu - Powerhouse in the middle. Carrying on with his recent form. More and more of our play is going via him rather than Davis. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago.Pos

Davis - Getting his form back. May be benefitting from Edu stepping up to the plate to take some of the pressure off him. Pos

Wallace - A player I like and think will be very good for us but he looks a bit confused. Don't think the Wallace/Papac idea is working. Neutral

Aluko - Outstanding. Made something happen every time he got on the ball. Held the ball up well and scored a screamer. Also showed Wylde how to take on and beat a fullback. Pos

Healy - Worked his arse off. Imagine his work-rate with Boyds natural goalscoring. Wants to do well. Pos

Mervan - Looked the part when he came on. early days but was really confident. Pos

Kerkar - Tried hard to play the "killer" ball between the CH and FB. Didn't quite come off but at least he tied to be positive. Neutral

McCulloch - Was just Jigger. Digs in, wins the ball, and passes it sideways or back. Neutral

I'm the same as most people on here. I think we play too many long, hopeful balls when Jella plays. Not his fault, just because he is good in the air. Played less of them yesterday. In Aluko, Mervan, Davies, Edu and Wallace we have guys who can keep the ball so the need for the long ball isnt there, but we still need more sharpness in the box.

With Jella plus 1 sharp striker or 2 if Jella goes we should be ok.

Excellent post mate.

I liked your summary. It reveals you have good knowledge of the game.

Welcome to the board! (tu)

good post

Excellent post mate.

I liked your summary. It reveals you have good knowledge of the game.

Welcome to the board! (tu)

Thanks Oleg.

You were a pretty good player in your day !!

Remember when you and Alexei signed - Memories.

PS - Can we chip in and buy Mervan different boots?

Not sure about the lime green ones !