Should there be a protest against the Daily Rhebel ?

jimger73

I for one have had enough of this fhilthy rhag. I think if enough bears turn up we can at least get them to stop lying about our institution. If any protest materialises, then i shall make a banner stating 'write it right or face the wrath of Mr Whyte'. Maybe some other bears have some better banner ideas ?...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What have they lied about?

Lying and sensationalism, while not the same thing, are very similar in nature. They've sensationalised a nothing story, where it could have applied to any number of clubs they chose ours to concentrate on and made it look like we were in leagues of trouble where infact we weren't.

No protest just a concerted effort to ensure the message gets out not to buy that gutter rag. Make it a sticky on every fans website. Make sure it's always included in every fanzine regardless of the politics. Get banners made up and put on display outside every home game at Ibrox.

I would hope the club would also do its bit and flash messages (even if just subtle ones) on the big screens.

Every time a caller goes on the Radio they should state they are now refusing to buy the Record as a result of that story.

I'd rather have put on my Doc Martin boots and Holland t shirt and marched down there to sort it out. However, i accept what other bears are saying and perhaps we should just use more diplomatic methods. I've never been a fan of lhiars.

No one has really said anything that clearly shows they are lying. I'd have thought to stage a protest in such a manner that there would be a clear point of contention?

Not really. It's not a debating club. We, as fans, feel there is a bias and misrepresentation of uor football club. We want to stop buying the paper. It's that easy. There are no rules.

The last protest (at the BBC) was a fucking joke. There was about 30 bears there with a banner to get their photo taken, they stayed for 5mins then left for the game. Didn't exactly bring the BBC to its knees did it? Waste of time!

The last protest (at the BBC) was a fucking joke. There was about 30 bears there with a banner to get their photo taken, they stayed for 5mins then left for the game. Didn't exactly bring the BBC to its knees did it? Waste of time!

And you are a lying prick.

Not really. It's not a debating club. We, as fans, feel there is a bias and misrepresentation of uor football club. We want to stop buying the paper. It's that easy. There are no rules.

Right, so you have decided this. You represent all fans. There is no room for discussion. Good to know. Baaaaaaaaa!