A return to 4-5-1

You've obviously forgot some excellent goals he's scored for Rangers, Wigan and Scotland. Sure he has had some wild efforts from 30 yards while playing in midfield but as a striker he has scored some really good goals.

We know of the threat he carries in the air and if Wylde can improve his consistency with his crossing and aluko can whip in good balls then i have no doubt he would prove useful.

I'm not saying he's this brilliant striker who will be our saviour, all i'm saying is that he has something to offer us as a forward IMO!

Aye because Healy is really pacey...McCulloch has never had pace but has other attributes as a striker and has proved himself as a forward in a much better league than ours!

You really don't think it's something we should even consider given our options up front just now?

I would have Ally up front before McCulloch. Have you not read the stats ? :craphead:

You've obviously forgot some excellent goals he's scored for Rangers, Wigan and Scotland. Sure he has had some wild efforts from 30 yards while playing in midfield but as a striker he has scored some really good goals.

We know of the threat he carries in the air and if Wylde can improve his consistency with his crossing and aluko can whip in good balls then i have no doubt he would prove useful.

I'm not saying he's this brilliant striker who will be our saviour, all i'm saying is that he has something to offer us as a forward IMO!

each to their own but i'd sooner hedge my bets on Davis, Edu, Celik and Aluko banging them in more than McCulloch, even if he was put up front.

Why does selling a striker affect McKay's chances of starting? He still has Wallace, Wylde, and now Celik in front of him for left midfield and Edu, Davis, and McCulloch in front of him in the middle.

Well having Healy and Lafferty as our only options (take Lafferty out of the equation because he's still injured) means a conventional 4-4-2 isn't a possible formation for us. That would force us to investigate flooding the midfield, more midfielders means more chance of a McKay start.

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Papac

Aluko Davis Edu Wallace

Mervan

Lafferty

If we can keep players fit and no suspensions then we do have a half decent team. A team i believe can go on to win the league. Keep believing!! All we can do is get behind Ally and the team. WATP

Wish they had kept Fleck. He is perfect for this formation.

Exactly. I think we are beginning to take shape for a 4-2-3-1

Davis and Edu (Ness if he gets fit) sitting, then, (again next season), you can choose the 3 from Naismith, Aluko, Mervan, Fleck, Wylde (Oh and if we decide to pick this Bruins lad up?), I think the movement and pace would be excellent from the first 3, and, would score as well as creating a bucket of chances.

Well having Healy and Lafferty as our only options (take Lafferty out of the equation because he's still injured) means a conventional 4-4-2 isn't a possible formation for us. That would force us to investigate flooding the midfield, more midfielders means more chance of a McKay start.

Fair point. I'd be interested to see how McKay does in the centre if given a chance

Fair point. I'd be interested to see how McKay does in the centre if given a chance

I've seen him play twice, both for Australia, and he had the kind of dynamic midfield player aspect we've seemed to lack this season since Naismith was injured. Like most on here I think he'd do good in out mifield, preferably as part of a trio, but I'll allow the people who see him week in, week out to judge and decide.