Mass Effect 3

FieldMarshall85

Just to recap is this the final Mass Effect game (in the current story-arc at least)? I remember reading that back when the first screenshots of ME1 came out; it's hard to imagine that a successful series will be left to gather dust indefinitely.

Aye it's the final instalment of Shepard's storyline at least.

Aye it's the final instalment of Shepard's storyline at least.

Reckon they will make another story arc after this though in the Mass Effect world. Too successful a series not too. May wait for next gen consoles though.

Reckon they will make another story arc after this though in the Mass Effect world. Too successful a series not too. May wait for next gen consoles though.

The Mass Effect formula of equal parts story/combat/exploration is a good one, so even if they don't use the same characters and races, another Sci-Fi title in the same format would be equally welcome, perhaps better. Next gen would definitely make more sense if a trilogy is all they'd originally planned.

I lost a full month playing mass effect 2. Probably my favourite game

This.

I've always been a moderate gamer putting in maybe 10 hours a week game time and I would always laugh at the 'warcraft ruined my life' type people :lol:

But its safe to say my life just got put on hold while playing mass effect 2

This.

I've always been a moderate gamer putting in maybe 10 hours a week game time and I would always laugh at the 'warcraft ruined my life' type people :lol:

But its safe to say my life just got put on hold while playing mass effect 2

I have spent more time on ME2 than other game, I actually have 3 characters to import to ME3, soldier, adept and infiltrator. I think infiltrator is my favourite, just love using the sniper rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Definite improvement on ME2 from what Ive seen and thats saying something. Havent had the chance to test the MP as yet due to their being a strange shortage of matches going on.

It seems to me like the best bits from ME1 and ME2 combined, the shotguns seem to have a lot more kick which is good because I thought they were pish in ME2

Downloading the demo at the minute, never played the previous two games.

I would strongly recommend at least playing ME2 first

The first Mass Effect does look a bit dated now but the great storyline and characters is what I love most about the series, you will get a lot more out of it if you experience the first two

I would strongly recommend at least playing ME2 first

The first Mass Effect does look a bit dated now but the great storyline and characters is what I love most about the series, you will get a lot more out of it if you experience the first two

The only gripes I have with ME1 are the item management, cookie-cuttered side missions and the layout of some of the vehicle exploration sections; still a cracking game though and I'll enjoy playing though the whole series once ME3 is finished.

• 3 weeks later...