MKGER

95 members have voted

1. 1. independence? Will you stop supporting Rangers

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • stupid question, stop being a twat
    • Id Follow on but id never be as 'hardcore'

I know I am being a massive queer here and I apologise for it but I suppose because independence would technically mean I become a forigner at my dear old Ibrox I am shit scared of losing my identity

its easy to slag me off on this if your Scottish because there fore you'd probably support rangers anyway but if your not this posses a real dilemma as like many other Brits I support rangers for everything they stand for, I love it all, even the stuff that people claim have noting to do with football I buy into and fully endorse it, I am obsessed but if I have to buy new currency or go through customs at Gretna green on the train up or take anything but my driving license when flying up to paisley id immediately feel less of teddy bear, I might as well support Ajax, another glamorous foreign team with a proud history based in a fantastic city which is probably more local geographically

queens park rangers , no doubt. :dry:

Why the fuck would it stop anybody from supporting Rangers????? We have supporters who come from all over the world and where they were born or where they live has absolutely no bearing on who they support.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I personally know an Italian born Catholic and a Polish born Catholic who both now live in different parts of Australia being fanatical Rangers supporters.

They never miss a Rangers game when our games are televised at ungodly hours of the morning and they go to Scotland on holidays, not to see the scenery, but to go to every Rangers game they can get to.

What's more important to you...being a Rangers supporter,or what nationality you are???? I'll leave it up to you :pipe:

I know what your saying ozblue and I respect your opinion but I suppose the difference is unlike your polish and Italian friends I had rangers drummed into me from an early age and my dad at times had difficulty (until I went to ibrox for the 1st time) keeping me interested in Rangers as oppose to the London clubs my mates supported or united or Liverpool...and the reasons fore supporting his team were the very things that are currently in danger of becoming extinct

don’t get me wrong I know ill continue to support Rangers I am just incredibly dishearten at the moment....its also slightly different yet no less depressing topic to start up then the current, whyte, jelavic, mccoist, we got no money threads that appear endlessly on this forum!

I know I am being a massive queer here and I apologise for it but I suppose because independence would technically mean I become a forigner at my dear old Ibrox and I am shit scared of losing my identity

its easy to slag me off on this if your Scottish because you'd probably support rangers anyway but if your not this posses a real dilemma as like many other Brits I support rangers for everything they stand for, I love it all, even the stuff that people claim have noting to do with football I buy into and fully endorse it, I am obsessed but if I have to buy new currency or go through customs at Gretna green on the train up or take anything but my driving license when flying up to paisley id immediately feel less of teddy bear, I might as well support Ajax, another glamorous foreign team with a proud history based in a fantastic city which is probably closer geographically

you "might aswell support Ajax"???

statements like that make me think maybe you fucking should!

nothing would make me feel any different aboot the club,, even if i was English and independence happened it wouldnt and shouldnt matter a jot

i love The Rangers no British Rangers or Scottish Rangers but THE RANGERS

they are our team,, they could play oan fuckin Mars for all i care,, i would never feel any different about them

man up and stoap talkin pish

I'm the only Englishman in a family of 4 and i've been up here since the early 90's so just like you i consider myself "British" because i've lived in Scotland twice as long as i lived in my home country. I'm often asked why i chose Rangers and its simple.. Rangers had some cracking English players at the time so my allegiance began with that and the support grew from there. Once a bluenose, always a bluenose.

I obviously hope the Union remains as it is and believe it will. I'd be gutted if the SNP got their way. Would i stop supporting Rangers due to the break up of the Union? No, because its a completely seperate issue, although i do like the fact the Union Flag is flown proudly at Ibrox and linked to the Gers.

There's one "tradition" i wouldnt mind getting rid of but i probably dont even have to say it, lol.

It's a huge jack right over the front door and that tells any nats all they need to know about Rangers.

If the independence thing ever looked like happening we would all as individuals have the option to stay British since that is the country we were born in ... add that to the fact that Orkney and Shetland would keep their oil it would all start to unravel before it even happened :rolleyes:

It's a huge jack right over the front door and that tells any nats all they need to know about Rangers.

If the independence thing ever looked like happening we would all as individuals have the option to stay British since that is the country we were born in ... add that to the fact that Orkney and Shetland would keep their oil it would all start to unravel before it even happened :rolleyes:

Well said.

Sorry for being anal here, but it's a flag not a jack. Does my head in big time when people get that wrong.

Sorry for being anal here, but it's a flag not a jack. Does my head in big time when people get that wrong.

Double post

The OP is utterly ridiculous and I have to question whether you actually support a football club or whether you support an idealism that is associated with a football club.

I was born and raised in Australia to a Scottish mother and a German father. As a 4 year old my grandfather bought me my first ever Rangers top and scarve and 26 years later I have not for one minute supported or considered supporting any other team (although i must admit to having a passing interest in my father's team Bayern and did as a 10 year old ask for an AC Milan top for my birthday when they were dominating Europe back in the early 90s!).

Your comparison is similar in some ways to when (perhaps if..) Australia becomes a republic and is no longer part of the Commonwealth.

Would I suddenly overnight not be interested in Rangers? Unfuckinglikely.

Would I suddenly overnight not want to belt out Derry's Walls at my TV screen at 3am in the morning watching Rangers? Unfuckinglikely.

Would Rangers suddenly cease to be the first thing we talk about when i speak to my Brothers or my Grandfather? Unfuckinglikely.

I am and always will be a "foreigner" to the country that Rangers belongs to and it is an utterly irrelevant fact. Rangers, Scottish and British is in my heritage and in my blood and it is a fact that cannot be changed.

I am still staggered at the OP.

Not on the wind up btw and if I had to put my mortgage on the outcome id put it on ‘us’ staying as part of the union but I would feel so let down as a Rangers fan that everything I ever believed in was taken away from me…Though born in England I count myself as Scottish British but if Scotland voted SNP it would break my heart.

I have spent many an hour justifying to friends why I support Rangers despite being born in the Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham belt of Milton Keynes and I have always argued that despite my birthplace I am ‘British’…my dads from Scotland, I’m from England & Mums a Maori from NZ (Our Queens still head of state!) but im worried if this independence malarkey goes through much of my feelings and beliefs towards rangers would be made redundant or invalid 

If your English, Welsh or Northern Irish do you have a similar uncomfortable feeling about this?

Yeah its a bit of a silly question lol

The whole voting policy is corrupt as well. So as im in the forces and dont live in scotland I cant vote. How clever of the SNP,, as im sure they know 99% of those serving in the British forces who are scots would obviously vote no.

So even if you are in Afghan defending the country ,, according to them you get NO say in its future ??? Hope this changes.

If not I will be using my soldiering skills to set up the scottish loyalist volunteer force to bring back the Union lol,,, fuck em.

Joking aside stupid question really as born rangers die rangers SIMPILES ,,, and we were all born british too

Why the fuck would it stop anybody from supporting Rangers????? We have supporters who come from all over the world and where they were born or where they live has absolutely no bearing on who they support.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I personally know an Italian born Catholic and a Polish born Catholic who both now live in different parts of Australia being fanatical Rangers supporters.

They never miss a Rangers game when our games are televised at ungodly hours of the morning and they go to Scotland on holidays, not to see the scenery, but to go to every Rangers game they can get to.

What's more important to you...being a Rangers supporter,or what nationality you are???? I'll leave it up to you :pipe:

Beat me to it OZ.

Born Scottish but Aussie by choice. The fact that I grew up supporting Rangers didn't change because I became Australian. WATP.

Beat me to it OZ.

Born Scottish but Aussie by choice. The fact that I grew up supporting Rangers didn't change because I became Australian. WATP.

That's the whole point,mate! we don't have a problem changing nationalities in exchange for a better life, but I'm fucked if I'd change my football team for it.

Born a Ranger, live a Ranger, die a Ranger. :21:

I obviously hope the Union remains as it is and believe it will. I'd be gutted if the Scotland got their way.

:lol:

On what evidence do you claim that Scotland want independence? I've never (repeat, never) seen a poll result in which a majority of Scots wants independence. Never.