Fickle Fans.

garycassidy1802

After every bad result, we get the same thing "Get Ally Out". But I ask, who would take the Rangers job right now?

The January transfer window is over, there is no way of someone coming in and being able to turn this situation around, as the situation is above the manager's depth.

After the last game, 4-0 win, everyone was back behind Ally, apologising for saying he had to go, etc. etc. I knew this day wouldn't be too far off when a bad result would occur and everyone would turn their back on our most faithful servant at the club right now. I can understand people are not happy, however, I do not believe getting rid would fix anything, but rather, increase our current downfalls.

Ally did not get it right today, simple as that, starting a CB in LM is not the way forward, maybe too much is expected of Mervan, a player who hasn't started competitively or been given sufficient rest due to foreign league schedules. A few players underperformed, maybe everyone who wasn't Aluko, and maybe Edu and McGregor. Our squad has no depth, that's pretty obvious, however, it won't change now and we all knew we'd have to sell in the window, and most likely not get a replacement. Our squad is slim, morale is low, and reputation is spiralling out of control.

I am still behind Ally, and I am not willing to concede the league while it is still mathematically possible for us to win. I am maybe less so behind Craig Whyte, but we will save that for a different thread, I can't see much changing personnel wise until the tax case is found out though, so I suggest rather than just getting on our manager's back, we look at the bigger picture, no manager would take a job like this, where they get offered Ally's wages and no real job security.

Chin up bears, get behind the club, and we will get the better days again one day, it is a dark time for everyone involved with Rangers, but I don't believe sacking someone who is in a position that anyone else would have walked from long ago, is the right theory to have.

After every bad result, we get the same thing "Get Ally Out". But I ask, who would take the Rangers job right now?

The January transfer window is over, there is no way of someone coming in and being able to turn this situation around, as the situation is above the manager's depth.

After the last game, 4-0 win, everyone was back behind Ally, apologising for saying he had to go, etc. etc. I knew this day wouldn't be too far off when a bad result would occur and everyone would turn their back on our most faithful servant at the club right now. I can understand people are not happy, however, I do not believe getting rid would fix anything, but rather, increase our current downfalls.

Ally did not get it right today, simple as that, starting a CB in LM is not the way forward, maybe too much is expected of Mervan, a player who hasn't started competitively or been given sufficient rest due to foreign league schedules. A few players underperformed, maybe everyone who wasn't Aluko, and maybe Edu and McGregor. Our squad has no depth, that's pretty obvious, however, it won't change now and we all knew we'd have to sell in the window, and most likely not get a replacement. Our squad is slim, morale is low, and reputation is spiralling out of control.

I am still behind Ally, and I am not willing to concede the league while it is still mathematically possible for us to win. I am maybe less so behind Craig Whyte, but we will save that for a different thread, I can't see much changing personnel wise until the tax case is found out though, so I suggest rather than just getting on our manager's back, we look at the bigger picture, no manager would take a job like this, where they get offered Ally's wages and no real job security.

Chin up bears, get behind the club, and we will get the better days again one day, it is a dark time for everyone involved with Rangers, but I don't believe sacking someone who is in a position that anyone else would have walked from long ago, is the right theory to have.

You could say that after most matches now though mate.

Advertise the post and salary and see who doesn't want it.

There are plenty of managers better than Ally McCoist out there who I am sure would take the position.

One stumbling block may be that we look as though we need to replace not only the manager but the background staff and that in itself may prove difficult and expensive and apparently we have no money.

A description of people who go through autumn/winter/spring/summer supporting Rangers with their hard-earned and served up dross, see their top striker sold, and are told they are fickle. Fickle would be getting on with our lives and not coming on here. Don't point the finger at the fans; leave that to others; focus on the team, and it ain't pretty.

A description of people who go through autumn/winter/spring/summer supporting Rangers with their hard-earned and served up dross, see their top striker sold, and are told they are fickle. Fickle would be getting on with our lives and not coming on here. Don't point the finger at the fans; leave that to others; focus on the team, and it ain't pretty.

I'm not pointing the finger at fans, we are not to blame for the current mess, not in the slightest.

But a certain segregation of supporters, will change their mind on Ally on a game to game basis.

It would be counter productive to sack him now, everyone realises that, but he wasn't the right man for the job at the start of the season and he wont be at the end. He doesn't have the ruthlessness to tell a player when they're playing awful (which would have been 10 players today) to give them a kick up the arse.

He blew the money he had on players who haven't come good, and he has noone to blame but himself for their failure.

It would be counter productive to sack him now, everyone realises that, but he wasn't the right man for the job at the start of the season and he wont be at the end. He doesn't have the ruthlessness to tell a player when they're playing awful (which would have been 10 players today) to give them a kick up the arse.

He blew the money he had on players who haven't come good, and he has noone to blame but himself for their failure.

Given the players he had to replace, over the course of this season, I think more than 50% of them have come good.

Bocanegra, Goian (maybe aside from today), Aluko without a doubt, and Lee Wallace. Mervan needs time.

Look at the amount of dross we have bought in the past decade in comparison.

First game of the season...Hearts...Shocking.

Second game of the season...Malmo...AWFUL.

I said after both "I just don't think Ally is up to this" and...maybe so, got rounded for it. Was i so wrong afterall? The signs have been there for us all to see this season, and today proved what we should have known from the start.

Our manager cannot motivate and in essence...manage our club.

Yes we are in a mess off field..but that Rangers team are not THAT bad.

Some of us pay good amounts to Rangers and are entitled to our opinions, but when the opinion is shared by so many, it proves there is an issue.

McCoist's contract is up in the summer and frankly.... i can't see it being renewed.

Common occurrence on here, one performance/result and many change their opinions on the manager and players.

Wonder how many who said Mervan was class and deserves to be in the first team are now saying he's not ready to start of needs match fitness! Or the one's who said Jelavic leaving was not a big problems as we apparently proved we can play well and not long ball football without him.

Too many players are simply not good enough and a big clear out is needed in the summer with the likes of Healy, Kerkar, Bartley, Little, Broadfoot etc leaving. Papac will need to go as well, as much as it pains me to say, because I'm sick of seeing this ineffective left hand side combination.

Precisely that top point.

I agree with most of the bottom part too, although there are a couple players I'd add and a couple I'd take out from your list.

Given the players he had to replace, over the course of this season, I think more than 50% of them have come good.

Bocanegra, Goian (maybe aside from today), Aluko without a doubt, and Lee Wallace. Mervan needs time.

Look at the amount of dross we have bought in the past decade in comparison.

Lee Wallace is terrible. Can't cross a ball, can't beat a man, has no pace and is defensively lacking. What Mervan Cellik needs is a different club. Too many times today he was lazy and didn't have control of the ball.

I'm not pointing the finger at fans, we are not to blame for the current mess, not in the slightest.

But a certain segregation of supporters, will change their mind on Ally on a game to game basis.

I reckon alot of fans opinion on Ally changes when we play well not when we play poor. I reckon the majority would rather he wasnt there and we had someone else. When we win or play well, it does tend to cloud ones judgement and think maybe its not so bad. When we play like we did today, it reminds you just what a mess we are in.

I love ally to bits but this isnt the job for him at the moment.

Lee Wallace is terrible. Can't cross a ball, can't beat a man, has no pace and is defensively lacking. What Mervan Cellik needs is a different club. Too many times today he was lazy and didn't have control of the ball.

Lee Wallace I believe was a replacement for Papac, and McCoist doesn't want one sitting on the bench, that is a problem I agree. I think Wallace is good.

Don't slate Mervan after one performance, don't you realise how long it has been since he played competitive football? Everyone was singing his praises after a promising performance last week, now he starts and isn't entirely fit, as well as playing in a place he can play, but said he is better elsewhere. Give the guy a chance.

whats fickle about questioning a managers ability to manage when.1..knocked out of 2 euro comps.2..knocked out of league cup..3..knocked out of scottish cup..4.lose a 15 point lead in the league(and if we are honest to ourselves lost the league).5..question a manager that buys 3 players who between them havnt played 180 mins of SPL football.6..whose transfer dealings,team selections and team tactics have become a joke.

Certainly could add more, who would you take out from that list?

Healy, Kerkar, Bartley, Little, Broadfoot, Papac was your list.

I would keep Kerkar, as I think he's promising and looks like he wants to play. I'd like to keep Bartley, just not in the right back position, he'd be brilliant back up as a CB. Papac is away regardless as he is retiring, so that's null and void.

I'd get rid of Healy, Little I think needs chances so I'd loan him out (but I think he got hired just to plug gaps because he is a utility player), Broadfoot would go. To that list, I would add Jig to get him off the wage bill, McKay if he isn't getting played, Ortiz & Bedoya, Wylde I'd take whatever money we get, and depending on the CM situation, I'd maybe loan Ness out or give him a few games.I'd maybe even lose Lafferty to fund another more appropriate striker.

I hope when the tax case is gone, we can afford an overhaul.

I reckon alot of fans opinion on Ally changes when we play well not when we play poor. I reckon the majority would rather he wasnt there and we had someone else. When we win or play well, it does tend to cloud ones judgement and think maybe its not so bad. When we play like we did today, it reminds you just what a mess we are in.

bang on mate

:disappointment:

whats fickle about questioning a managers ability to manage when.1..knocked out of 2 euro comps.2..knocked out of league cup..3..knocked out of scottish cup..4.lose a 15 point lead in the league(and if we are honest to ourselves lost the league).5..question a manager that buys 3 players who between them havnt played 180 mins of SPL football.6..whose transfer dealings,team selections and team tactics have become a joke.

Because as I said, most fans change their opinion when everything is going well. Who wanted to sack him after the 4-0 win against Hibs?

I agree completely with the top point in all honesty, but it's getting boring calling for the managers head and making him a scapegoat in this situation.