Being honest now........

LegendofCoop

Since the game ended, all the talks been about our striking problems. BUT.....would even Jelavic have made a difference to that display today?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have gone into the game with him in the side than not, but where was the service today? Would he have worked any openings for himself?? DOn't think he would be th player we needed today....someone busting a gut to get back and help link things from the back. Also, would only have resulted in McGregor launching the ball up to him.

For me, it's time Ally needs to start looking at why his team creates so very little chances. Even at corners....we are no threat. No through balls for players to run onto. Plan A is launching the ball up to Healy. Plan B is give it to Aluko to take on the whole defence.

Another small point for me is Bartley's apparent lack of power with the ball. Had a great chance to power in a header 6 yards out, but it tamely went back to the keeper. Another chance he had to shoot withhis left peg was a pass back. Just looks like he's powder puff with the ball for such a big guy!He's been tweeting about having treatment on his knee before games too. Maybe he's carrying a knock!

Since the game ended, all the talks been about our striking problems. BUT.....would even Jelavic have made a difference to that display today?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have gone into the game with him in the side than not, but where was the service today? Would he have worked any openings for himself?? DOn't think he would be th player we needed today....someone busting a gut to get back and help link things from the back. Also, would only have resulted in McGregor launching the ball up to him.

For me, it's time Ally needs to start looking at why his team creates so very little chances. Even at corners....we are no threat. No through balls for players to run onto. Plan A is launching the ball up to Healy. Plan B is give it to Aluko to take on the whole defence.

Another small point for me is Bartley's apparent lack of power with the ball. Had a great chance to power in a header 6 yards out, but it tamely went back to the keeper. Another chance he had to shoot withhis left peg was a pass back. Just looks like he's powder puff with the ball for such a big guy!

The midfield seemed to go it alone today. Whether that is because they are poor or because the didn't feel the striker/s where up too the task, I have no idea.

Another small point for me is Bartley's apparent lack of power with the ball. Had a great chance to power in a header 6 yards out, but it tamely went back to the keeper. Another chance he had to shoot withhis left peg was a pass back. Just looks like he's powder puff with the ball for such a big guy!He's been tweeting about having treatment on his knee before games too. Maybe he's carrying a knock!

Totally right on.

Super Ally himself wouldn't have scored today, First priority is to stop goals, Second is to use the midfield to create chances, only then can strikers be judged and I am disappointed at the stick going in the direction of our strikers.

Probably Gazza or Laudrup would have made a difference today but those days are gone and our strikers need service.