Name one other Rangers manager who has had to deal with such circumstances.

OlegKuznetsov

I'm not saying that Ally hasn't made mistakes, but who else has managed our team whilst being dealt such a bad hand?

1 or 4 points behind isn't exactly cataclysmic with 14 games left. 1 fit striker and 1 more to wait a few weeks for isn't exactly helpful.

I just don't see any point in having a go at him when I'm not convinced anyone else could get much different.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most would suggest he's had more to play with than Peter Houston - how come he can produce a team that chased us off our own park?

I'm struggling to think of a single Ranger who came out on top in his personal battle with his opposite number yesterday.

I know other teams raise their game against us (do they, do they have to any more?) so spare us that - Ally & co know ALL about what it means to play for Rangers, so the very least they should do is get the players ready for that.

Did he fuck!

Advocaat's squad then signed Ferguson, Buffel, Novo and many, many others.

He did have to oversee some pretty significant cost cutting though - I wondered if that was why Villa have gone for him this time, cos he's done it before?

All comes down to making best use of what limited cash is available - big Eck bought us a fair few howlers, too!

The only one who springs to mind in recent times Oleg is Alex McLeish.

I thought Ally's decision yesterday to play Sasa ahead of Wylde at LM was a particularly bad one.

I see your point but the severe lack of strikers is not something I remember any manager having to cope with for more than a game or two.

From memory, Eck had Arverladze, Mols, De Boer, with Latapy, McCann and Cannigia when he he started then and Prso and Novo with Buffel came later.

For me, despite the downsizing McLiesh endured, he started from a better position and still spent millions.

I reckon McCoist has the much tougher job when you look at what he has up front.

He did have to oversee some pretty significant cost cutting though - I wondered if that was why Villa have gone for him this time, cos he's done it before?

All comes down to making best use of what limited cash is available - big Eck bought us a fair few howlers, too!

See my previous post above regarding Eck's squad.

Nothing like McCoist's front line.

I see your point but the severe lack of strikers is not something I remember any manager having to cope with for more than a game or two.

From memory, Eck had Arverladze, Mols, De Boer, with Latapy, McCann and Cannigia when he he started then and Prso and Novo with Buffel came later.

For me, despite the downsizing McLiesh endured, he started from a better position and still spent millions.

I reckon McCoist has the much tougher job when you look at what he has up front.

He probably does - but why did he sanction the loan deals for our youngsters ?

Or perhaps this was part of a cost cut ???

I'm pretty sure others would have gotten different results, because chances are someone else might actually play players in their positions which is bound to help. And others would even use all the playing resources available to them not just the select few who get picked no matter how they perform. Playing two left backs on the same side when there are other options is either madness or pure bloody mindedness.

The off the field problems may, in some way, affect the players and staff but I'm not buying it as an excuse for one minute. The Hearts players, who neither get paid as much as ours or, we would like to think anyway, have the same talent, managed to band together and produce results even when they weren't getting any wages.

So whilst Ally is the guy in charge at this moment in time, I still think someone else might well have done better with the resources available, which are still greater than all the other teams in the country, bar the tims. There's no excuses for me for a squad of players that seems to be getting worse as times go by.

And the severe lack of strikers is his own fault, everyone knew we needed to strengthen the frontline even before Jelavic left.

See my previous post above regarding Eck's squad.

Nothing like McCoist's front line.

Agreed - all relative to where we were moving from/to in the respective periods. At the time it appeared as bad as it does now.

At least Andy Little has an SPL goal to his name - don't think Ostenstad or Jeffers managed it!

Obviously it doesn't paint an accurate picture of the club's financial situation behind the scenes at the time and he had Dick's squad to start with, but Eck made a significant profit for the club in the transfer market if you look at transfers in vs out alone.

I certainly wouldn't say that Eck had a tougher time or situation to deal with than Ally though. Far from it because he had plenty to work with compared to Ally.

mcleish posted an overall transfer profit iirc while at the club, not including getting 2 champions league group stage revenues and 1 uefa cup group stage revenue,

he also won 7 domestic honours including 2 league titles

he inherited a great squad, won the treble, then was told to flog them all

the only reason we were able to sign ferguson back and buffel was because we sold boumsong for an 8mill profit, but overall eck was told to slash wages and transfer fees, meanwhile still match a celtic team MASSIVELY outspending him on transfers and wages

no one other manager has had these implications since before SDM came to the club

This is what i dont get. People cry on about having better resources than every other team in the country bar Celtic. Thats why we are sitting 2nd in the league behind the scum and in front of all the rest. Cup defeats can happen and no Manager is exempt from a small team eliminating them from a cup competition. We underestimated Falkirk and Dundee United were better than us on the day. We were out of our depth in Europe and have been for quite a while including under the management of Walter Smith. Lack of investment in the team is thr real problem

This is what i dont get. People cry on about having better resources than every other team in the country bar Celtic. Thats why we are sitting 2nd in the league behind the scum and in front of all the rest. Cup defeats can happen and no Manager is exempt from a small team eliminating them from a cup competition. We underestimated Falkirk and Dundee United were better than us on the day. We were out of our depth in Europe and have been for quite a while including under the management of Walter Smith. Lack of investment in the team is thr real problem

Good post 100% agree with it.

Too many people on here just thinking sack Ally and all is well ,it aint.

No manager is going to make Kerkar,Little and Healy any better than they are now, till we get someone who can invest money in the club then it really does not matter who our manager is.