Whyte's plan

NorthUistBear

Rangers could be going into administration... Or could this be a cunning plan by mr Craig whyte and it's rangers way of saying to the HMRC 'strike a deal or we put club into administration' ... If rangers go into administration HMRC won't get a penny! What do you think?

Rangers could be going into administration... Or could this be a cunning plan by mr Craig whyte and it's rangers way of saying to the HMRC 'strike a deal or we put club into administration' ... If rangers go into administration HMRC won't get a penny! What do you think?

And your thoughts if HMRC don't deal then we get liquidated? Still a cunning plan aye?

Its been is plan since day one in my opinion, whos to say he wont win?

It seems very likely it is admin before the alternative of liquidation.

Of the two I very much prefer admin.

The blame for this lies with SDM not Whyte.

Whyte may be a bit of a charlatan, but SDM was just plain mad/stupid whatever.

With Whyte's business background he probably has a better chance than most of getting us the best deal going forward. This is his specialty is it not - turning around businesses that are in a mess?

It is becoming increasingly clear that Whyte intended to take us into administration from the get-go regardless of the HMRC case. I've a very bad feeling about where he is taking us. Amazingly there are people who think he'll miraculously strip us of debt by going into administration. and come out on the other side with loads of cash.

His statements have changed since day one and I don't think he has fulfilled his promises, so today doesn't surprise me.

With Whyte's business background he probably has a better chance than most of getting us the best deal going forward. This is his specialty is it not - turning around businesses that are in a mess?

It's sickening to think Rangers is part of all this. So be it, but sickening none the less.

Well I think if someone comes in and gets us out the other end in a better position isn`t a charlatan but a very good chairman. I have full faith in Whyte. Onwards and upwards

He has been forced into it.

He is the preferred creditor so HMRC cant come in and issue us with a winding up order. He uses this position to negotiate a deal with HMRC so there could be a chance we will not go into admin at all. Ticketus are not a preferred creditor either and im not sure on this one but it is written under one of his companies so im sure his company would take the hit for that one. If he waited then HMRC would have been the preferred creditor and we would have been fooked, we wouldnt have been able to go into admin either because as D'art said it would have been seen as tax evasion.

Hmrc wont back down that's quite clear, If that was Whyte's plan to get them back too table by entering administration it will fail miserably we shouldn't have run out of money at this stage of season. Has got it massively wrong that's clear for everyone too see anyone with faith in this guy his deluded beyond belief.

Hmrc wont back down that's quite clear, If that was Whyte's plan to get them back too table by entering administration it will fail miserably we shouldn't have run out of money at this stage of season. Has got it massively wrong that's clear for everyone too see anyone with faith in this guy his deluded beyond belief.

Then they are getting fuck all.

Its not about running out of money, if we had been fucked by this tax bill HMRC would have been the preferred creditor and could come in and seize our assets.

He is the preferred creditor and could transfer our assets to a new company, he is forcing their hand and its basically a take it or leave it situation.

If its a plan then it's brinkmanship of the highest order, who's going to blink first!!! He's playing poker with 140 yrs of history and heritage!

It's not gambling as he probably has nothing to lose now.

HMRC won't fancy another humiliating loss and are more likely to deal now and take the cash. Busting us won't get them a bean.

Would you want to be the civil servant explaining to parliament why they got nothing when they were offered £15m (guesstimate)

It'll be the taxman who is gambling.

OK I agree that looks like the plan

But

lets say they will deal.

what the number, what can we pay

20 million?

15 million?

They wont go lower than that

So where do we find this money?

if hrmc settled for say £20m we would pay it in instalment.

And also the removal of the tax case from above our heads would mean that the club could return to operating like a normal business

i.e. A normal relationship with our bankers with an overdraft facility (no bank will give rangers a line of credit while the tax case is there)

the club will be a much more attractive investment for any potential new owner

IMO this is where craig whyte will then look to sell the club and make his profit

having done his job of stabilising the club and minimising the damage from hrmc