Would you put your own money in Rangers after administration?

JCDBigBear

Before I get to the point of my post I would like to make a few other comments.

Many of the posts on here are now a bit pointless. It is obvious that this HMRC fiasco is going to hit us hard. I am still unsure of Craig Whyte but the problem was insitu long before he bought the Club although with the BBC and Daily Record you would think he was the person responsible. Why is Sir David Murray not getting some bad press? Why is Alastair Johnston being given carte blanche to criticise Whyte without being taken to task about the debt. I remember being at the AGM in 2010 when the issue was given scant attention. Shareholders were basically told not to worry. What has never been made clear is who first mooted the tax avoidance scheme? Who checked it out with tax advisers? Who were the tax advisers? Why did the auditors not bring this to the shareholders attention at various AGMs? Who were the so-called tax experts who advised the Board that we had a good case? Why did HMRC wait so long before bringing this to a head when the amount has become too large to be paid? I notice that the media has never brought any of these questions to the fore.

Having got that off my chest, I will now ask all Rangers fans on here, WOULD YOU BE PREPARED TO PUT MONEY IN TO THE CLUB AFTER ADMINISTRATION? I have three season tickets for my family and I would put £1,000 in for each of us. Would you be willing to follow suit?

Many of the posts on here are now a bit pointless.

Having got that off my chest, I will now ask all Rangers fans on here, WOULD YOU BE PREPARED TO PUT MONEY IN TO THE CLUB AFTER ADMINISTRATION? I have three season tickets for my family and I would put £1,000 in for each of us. Would you be willing to follow suit?

:pipe:

Many of the posts on here are now a bit pointless. It is obvious that this HMRC fiasco is going to hit us hard. I am still unsure of Craig Whyte but the problem was insitu long before he bought the Club although with the BBC and Daily Record you would think he was the person responsible. Why is Sir David Murray not getting some bad press? Why is Alastair Johnston being given carte blanche to criticise Whyte without being taken to task about the debt. I remember being at the AGM in 2010 when the issue was given scant attention. Shareholders were basically told not to worry. What has never been made clear is who first mooted the tax avoidance scheme? Who checked it out with tax advisers? Who were the tax advisers? Why did the auditors not bring this to the shareholders attention at various AGMs? Who were the so-called tax experts who advised the Board that we had a good case? Why did HMRC wait so long before bringing this to a head when the amount has become too large to be paid? I notice that the media has never brought any of these questions to the fore.

Would be interested in looking at the situation , now that some sort of order has been brought to the club. Would need to see what Craig Whyte intends to do.

I agree with the points raised as to why no looking into the cause of this scheme festering away , when it is quite obvious it should have been monitored or as you pointed out the old "nothing to worry about" quote quashed many things when our mr murray was at the helm.

I will continue buy my season tickets for me and my son and continue to buy all my shirts etc from the club direct they need us more than ever! WATP!!

I appreciate that but what I asked was about basically buying shares in a one-off purchase. £1,000 is only £20 per week. I asked some other guys who sit near me and will check again on Saturday (unless I have to bring my boots to make up the numbers <cr> ).

I appreciate that but what I asked was about basically buying shares in a one-off purchase. £1,000 is only £20 per week. I asked some other guys who sit near me and will check again on Saturday (unless I have to bring my boots to make up the numbers <cr> ).

I would be prepared to invest £1000 in Rangers to save our history and name. I've been a supporter all my life but I also want to say I have no interest in supporter Rangers as a "phoneix" Club. That's nothing to do with glory hunting but pure and simple, it's our history that we should be proud of

Already a shareholder and from where I am sitting the money I put in may well be doon the pooper . I will watch with interest .

I'm a shareholder as well and they are now worthless. I didn't buy them as an investment.

[/quote

Investment or not , I have a fair chunk oh dough that has now effectivley dissapeared and i have some worthless bits of paper , so any further investment at this moment would have to be supported by other major investors coming in alongside Whyte , because i do not believe he has the funds he stated in the shareholder circular nor acess to them , dont think he ever did and the confirmation that the ticket us money was paid into to his solicitors client account before he had signed the deal to take over , would make me want to see this admin dealt with and as I said others to come in along side him and show thier commitment .

When you do the Math,, 45,000 fans at any given home match each paid £1000,,, then there is your £45mil. Now obviously not everyone can afford that,, but when you think how many supporter clubs there are worldwide and when think that 100,000 fans apparently put £20mil into the local economy at Manchester IN ONE DAY,,, you have a valid question.

Perhaps they should arrange something an event or something to rake in some much needed funds.

I have just lost my job ,, but would still give what I could happily even tho we shouldnt have to pay for the previous Boards mis-management. I would also like a few things cleared up and made more transparent from CW first too.

But if 100,000 fans can run a club like Barcalona without even a sponsor ,,, then why not,, we have the fan base

I am heartened by the response here guys. I believe that there are other larger investors who are willing to invest given the right circumstances.

Someone had to bite the bullet for RFC and Whyte has done that. He is certainly not squeaky clean as far as I can see but why would he take all the flak if he wasn't a fan? He seems to have been living pretty well before he was involved with buying the Club. Doubt many others would have the backbone to do what he has done. I'm sick of Alastair Johnston spouting off without anyone asking him what would the situation be today if Whyte hadn't taken over? I'm not saying AJ was involved in the tax debt scenario but he certainly played it down at the 2010 AGM. Murray has kept his head down as well.

I do think that if we could highlight the fact that a large number of supporters were willing to buy in to the Club after administration it would help attract larger investors.