Rumours Thread

Dan Deacon

Might not be a bad idea at the moment as there is plenty of nonsense flying about???

latest i heard at lunch from a celt and a hibee was that Celtic have already lobbied the other SPL teams to get them onside so that if we did lose our SPL status due to admin/liquidation and applied to be voted back in (not even sure if this is a possibility) that they have already agreed they are better off without us and would say no.

NO QUOTES NO SOURCES JUST RUMOUR

Obviously I wouldn't want us to have to re-apply for membership and rejoin the league at the bottom of the tier, but hear me out. In all honesty the option to go down to the Third Division may not be the end of the world. If we are going to get points deductions for 3 seasons we may as well get them in the lower divisions where we could still get promoted after the deductions. Plus, it might give the rest of the SPL three seasons to realise just how much they would miss us. As I say, it would still be a dreadful scenario, but not necessarily the end of the world.

For the record, I don't believe for a second that it will happen, we are too important to the SPL and the TV companies will have a lot of say in the eventual outcome

It is the SPL board, not the individual SPL chairmen who would review our application (if it comes to that). Not sure who is on the board though?

The current SPL Board is made up of Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC).

Two no votes right from the off!

Another rumour.... Would Hearts get their last installment of 800k when we come out of all this or can we write that off to?

Good thread btw, wish there were more that kept everything nice and tidy.

I believe Hearts are a creditor just like any other and will get back whatever is agreed in the CVA (it it can be agreed). I think it is an EPL rule that football debts get a priority status?

They supporters may want us to go into liquidation, but the directors of celtic know very well that Rangers have to survive in order for their shite club to survive too. It is Scottish football's future which is at stake here.

Another rumour.... Would Hearts get their last installment of 800k when we come out of all this or can we write that off to?

Good thread btw, wish there were more that kept everything nice and tidy.

I don't think it is right to bump a fellow club for a transfer fee.

However in saying that, seeing as we overpaid for him by about £800k we'll call is quits Romanov eh (tu)

We would only get bumped a points penalty for 3 seasons or whatever if we were readmitted straight into SPL. To keep up the Corinthian spirit obviously. If we had to start at the bottom we would need to reapply to SFL and no points penalty would apply. In any case, as a newco we are barred from Europe for 3 years so might as well start from bottom and see how the taigs and their sycophants get on with their reduced incomes.

All speculation for now of course :pipe:

Might not be a bad idea at the moment as there is plenty of nonsense flying about???

latest i heard at lunch from a celt and a hibee was that Celtic have already lobbied the other SPL teams to get them onside so that if we did lose our SPL status due to admin/liquidation and applied to be voted back in (not even sure if this is a possibility) that they have already agreed they are better off without us and would say no.

NO QUOTES NO SOURCES JUST RUMOUR

I also hear the turkeys just voted in favour of Christmas.

Now listen Rangers... We have had a meeting and the SPL board have voted...We're no letting yea back in :angry:

Erm....can we play in the 3rd division then? :blush:

Naw! yea cannae play in Scotland again.....We're no letting yea back in. :angry:

Right! We'll just away and apply tae join the English league in that case....see ya :uk:

AW,,,HAWD OAN...... WE WIR ONLY KIDDIN.....PLEASE COME BACK :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: we need yer money :ph34r: