Walter Smith As Chairman?

CoopersLeftBoot

This point was touched on in one of the other threads. Once the dust settles Rangers need someone strong to lead the club forward. A true Ranger who commands respect and has the dignity and class we expect of our great institution.

Whether Craig Whyte proves to be conman or saviour there can be no doubt he is not the long term option. Apart from the current issues his previous history means he would be hounded forever and not the man to lead us in negotiations with sponsors, creditors etc ever again.

As D'Art mentioned the other day our standard is raised, the fans have been galvanised, if not yet totally united under one banner. Paul Murray's Blue Knights has merit and should be given all due consideration. The fans MUST have a say in Rangers' future, however, I fear Murray's links with the old board may leave him tainted, whether this is fair or not and he is not the figurehead we require.

I believe only one man possesses the qualities we need to lead us to our new future. One man who can work with his one time apprentice, who himself has proved his stature as a true Ranger in the past few shocking days.

Step forward Walter Smith OBE.

We need a fresh start. This is our chance.

Everything needs to change from the way the commercial sid is run right through to how we develop and nurture talent at Murray Park

Walter is from the past and had his way of doing things, we need different perspective now.

This point was touched on in one of the other threads. Once the dust settles Rangers need someone strong to lead the club forward. A true Ranger who commands respect and has the dignity and class we expect of our great institution.

Whether Craig Whyte proves to be conman or saviour there can be no doubt he is not the long term option. Apart from the current issues his previous history means he would be hounded forever and not the man to lead us in negotiations with sponsors, creditors etc ever again.

As D'Art mentioned the other day our standard is raised, the fans have been galvanised, if not yet totally united under one banner. Paul Murray's Blue Knights has merit and should be given all due consideration. The fans MUST have a say in Rangers' future, however, I fear Murray's links with the old board may leave him tainted, whether this is fair or not and he is not the figurehead we require.

I believe only one man possesses the qualities we need to lead us to our new future. One man who can work with his one time apprentice, who himself has proved his stature as a true Ranger in the past few shocking days.

Step forward Walter Smith OBE.

I was thinking the same a couple of days ago. Not as chairman but certainly with a place on any new board.

I dont think there is anyone better qualified. He knows the club inside out and commands respect. A lot of people on here will disagree but I think it would be a good move for any new chairman to have Walters experience to call on.

At this particular time we have never been more vulnerable to our enemies, and there are plenty,there is no one to fight our corner with the football authorities especially Liewell,s puppets at the SFA. This rhat will be beavering away behind the scenes trying his best to fuck us anyway he can.

It may be too late to exert any influence at the SFA or SPL but we will need someone who knows what we are up against with this creature and his lackeys.

Make no mistake this bastard wants to see us out of business. I think he feels that his mob would have a far better chance of joining the English F.A.with us out of the picture.

No I,m not being over dramatic or paranoid, I genuinely believe they feel they would have a chance.

The key word moving forward is trust. Trust from the fans, from players and agents etc, from other clubs, from the authorities. Our reputation when we come out of this is in tatters. We need the proper key men in place. As a fans' figurehead I can think of no one better but I am open to suggestions. Rebuilding our great institution is my only concern not the politics or infighting that are inevitably going to follow.

David Murray was not a Rangers man. Craig Whyte has not convinced me of his credentials, although looking at it in the cold light of day, with no oil rich Russian or sheikh riding to the rescue (we're not talking someone who is just a millionaire here) admin seems to have been the only option on the table. We need someone on board who can garner the necessary trust and respect from all angles. And importantly, unite the fans behind one banner as we face a war with those who do not want to see us survive in any shape or form.

The key word moving forward is trust. Trust from the fans, from players and agents etc, from other clubs, from the authorities. Our reputation when we come out of this is in tatters. We need the proper key men in place. As a fans' figurehead I can think of no one better but I am open to suggestions. Rebuilding our great institution is my only concern not the politics or infighting that are inevitably going to follow.

David Murray was not a Rangers man. Craig Whyte has not convinced me of his credentials, although looking at it in the cold light of day, with no oil rich Russian or sheikh riding to the rescue (we're not talking someone who is just a millionaire here) admin seems to have been the only option on the table. We need someone on board who can garner the necessary trust and respect from all angles. And importantly, unite the fans behind one banner as we face a war with those who do not want to see us survive in any shape or form.

How can we trust Walter as a chairman if he's no financial clout in the boardroom? Its the same as Greig with Murray, when did Greig do anything about Murrays scheming?? pointless

Also not fair on any current manager having him hang about.