Whyte knows what he is doing

andymcg1986

You may be right there, but look at the majority's reaction at just going into administration, liquidation will not be tolerated by a lot of fans, even if it is outwith their control.

CW's "more pain to come" statement does suggest it is inevitable!

Paint as bleak a picture possible.

Then when good times creep back win our confidence back..

Politicians do it all the time.

Tories said they didn't expect things were going to be as bad after Brown bankrupted the country.

They forecast untold doom,

Now with every slight concession they give it gets them points.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be bold here and say I think whyte knows what he is doing. I also think that he will sell us on at a profit debt free! He will have played the whole system brilliantly if he gets away with it, also saving our beloved club from a certain demise he will feel like the whyte knight again. I look forward to people shooting me down but I have read alot into the situation and that's the only thing I see happening.

The only way we could get out of this debt free is to be liquidated. :anguish:

A c.v.a would saddle the club with debt for years to come.

Someone could mount a takeover but tbh who would buy the club if we lost the tax case it could well be £70m in debt by then.

No offence but see these people that think Whyte has some kind of master plan in mind they defy belief, how is adding a pile of debt on top of any potential tax bill a great way to run a club.

Whyte does have a plan and its not good for Rangers if we get liqudated he then owns Murray park and Ibrox, then he either sells it back to us or rents it back either way he gets a pile of money for only a £1 outlay.

I thought the preferred creditors were paid back first by the sale of the assets. In this case the preferred creditor being whyte and his debt secured against these assets. Couldn't he aquire the assets in lieu of his money therefore essentially buying rangers for 18m plus a quid? And even then the 18m wasn't really his money either?

Liquidation is exactly what he's after. Wipes the debt, wipes the tax case and whyte gets the stadium and training ground for the new co which he can start on a wage bill more suited to Scottish football. And of course he can sell for a tidy profit. I think this is his masterplan I just happen to think it's immoral and embarrassing

And high risk. What would happen if the new season starts and then the club is liquidated and Rangers have to cancel 3o odd fixtures and all sorts of sponsorship deals ripped up. The SPL would tell the New Co to fuck off forever. Far to many things have to fall in to place for that masterplan to work. Plus all the investigations and legal challenges. High risk.

Whats the punishment for liquidation?

banned from Europe for years?

points deducted for so many seasons?

i remember reading something the other day that made me think this is not the road we want to tread, and the man that put us in this situation, stays silent, we are in some fuckin nick atm.

I'm going to be bold here and say I think whyte knows what he is doing. I also think that he will sell us on at a profit debt free! He will have played the whole system brilliantly if he gets away with it, also saving our beloved club from a certain demise he will feel like the whyte knight again. I look forward to people shooting me down but I have read alot into the situation and that's the only thing I see happening.

I've always thought this and I've said it many times on here over the past week or so.

I thought the preferred creditors were paid back first by the sale of the assets. In this case the preferred creditor being whyte and his debt secured against these assets. Couldn't he aquire the assets in lieu of his money therefore essentially buying rangers for 18m plus a quid? And even then the 18m wasn't really his money either?

Liquidation is exactly what he's after. Wipes the debt, wipes the tax case and whyte gets the stadium and training ground for the new co which he can start on a wage bill more suited to Scottish football. And of course he can sell for a tidy profit. I think this is his masterplan I just happen to think its immoral and embarrassing

Nobody would argue otherwise, however before we start with the self loathing, lets remember, no children were touched in the making of this movie.

i would love to have your belief in whyte i really would but its been disaster after disaster lie after lie since he took over where's the billions his pr people told us about y take out mortgage on so many season ticets and y sell those arsenal shares any1 with clubs best interests at heart couldnt do that with a clear concience watp i hope ur right!

Nobody would argue otherwise, however before we start with the self loathing, lets remember, no children were touched in the making of this movie.

I'd rather not give anyone a stick to beat us with. It's not a question of their history being more murky than ours. I don't think the comparison is relevant to the right and wrong of the action our owner seems to be taking.

WE were losing 10million this year according to Whyte,45 mil out and only 35 mil in.

How the hell does he have a plan when he has sold off most of our income for the next 3 years,please tell me how he is going to almost half our operating expenses to keep us afloat

Just does not make sense if we have any ambition to compete with you know who

of course they can be sold to the highest bidder and eve a b listed building can be sold and if they get the right approval demolished

No they can't, the Stadium and Training Complex are untouchable nothing to do with listed building.

Whyte made them safe

Everyone will get shafted apart from us although it might not be the case as far as Europe is concerned but sometimes you need to take a step back to go forward! He will make his cash and we will be debt free!! I'll take that any day over there being no rangers

Clearly you're not a rangers fan.

No they can't, the Stadium and Training Complex are untouchable nothing to do with listed building.

Whyte made them safe

Fuck he hasn't mortgaged them as well has he :D

How can't the stadium and training ground be sold? If its true then that changes everything IMHO.