Gregg Wylde released at his own request

Skip

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see the lad leaving :anguish: I rated him highly and i think under a better manager he can only do better. Great gesture by the boy, a true Ger. All the best, Gregg. Hopefully youll find yourself some good Championship team.

So it's started with young players, will not be a shock at the end of this when McCulloch, Broadfoot and the other jobs for the boys lot are still there.

Aye. Like you would know.

Duff & Phelps are well up with the 'jobs for the boys' myths as spouted by those with less of a clue than the clueless.

Quite sad at this, always stuck up for him and liked him. Still a young guy and was only on a few £1000 a week, the type of player we should have been wanting to keep for the years ahead.

Wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Looks like he's heading to Southampton. He's a fast mover.

Well, why not? He has done what he could for the club - requesting to leave with no demands of compensations. So he has to worry for his own future now, not Rangers future. Southampton will be a great move for him.

Well, why not? He has done what he could for the club - requesting to leave with no demands of compensations. So he has to worry for his own future now, not Rangers future. Southampton will be a great move for him.

Just think he's already had the move lined up, before leaving us. Some wont like that spin on things but that's how I'm seeing it, and why he was first to leave. Don't blame him though. Tough times, and some tough decisions to be made.

Just think he's already had the move lined up, before leaving us. Some wont like that spin on things but that's how I'm seeing it, and why he was first to leave. Don't blame him though. Tough times, and some tough decisions to be made.

I'd imagine all agents would have been told weeks ago to find clubs for their players incase this happened.

Tough times indeed (tu) Yes, sounds like a quick decision, but its the right one for him, his family and his career. And also for Rangers. He signed a new 5-year contract, which means if he was 4k p/w that makes about 1m in 5 years. I dont know how this compensation thing works when a player decides to accept mutual termination of his contract. But i guess there shouldve been some cash waiting for him, probably 6 figure sum, which is a hell of a money and yet he decided not to ask for compensation, which is rare in football these days.

I'd imagine all agents would have been told weeks ago to find clubs for their players incase this happened.

Exactly. If you knew there was a good chance of losing your job in the next few weeks, you would be casting the net for something to fall back on. Footballers will be no different.

Good chance of Southamtpon going up, and I can't honestly say I ever saw Wylde as a Premiership player.

But hope whatever he does works out. (tu)